Co2 Ppm Won't Go Above 1000... Too Much Air Flow??

• Thread starter PocketGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PocketGrower

ok. So I'm running a 8k setup , with 2 20lb co2 tanks . I have an atlas 2 co2 controller with a atlas double ended regulator attached to my co2 tanks. Everywhere I find it should as easy as plug and play but here lies my issue:

My room is 18x10 . I'm running one 10" max fan into the room for fresh air , as well as two ac units that are located inside the room that pull air through the front and push right back out the front. The out take has one 10" max fan attached to a carbon air filter rated for that fans size, and two 8" fans on the other side of the room pulling heat through vented hoods.

My atlas 2 controller sometimes reads 1000ppm (indicating it's between 1000-1250) however ONLY when I'm running my co2 at 9 cu ft / hr do I achieve that level.

What am I doing wrong ?? Do I need to recalibrate controller ? I bought it used from a buddy who I know has taken great care of it. It just sits on a wall lol. It's canopy height in the middle of my grow room and I have 100ft of lining running the co2 around the room. Wtf!! Help before I ruin my plants with over co2 or less co2... I want 1500 lol.

A thank you before hand is appreciated for anyone who read this. This site helps me more than anyone could imagine

P

PocketGrower

This seems to be the problem... No fresh air in a closed loop system.
Btw.... 1000 ppms is the sweet spot in my opinion.
So don't run the inline fan in? Ok I'll try that and give you an update in a few hours as lights just turned off a minute ago

G gnome

G gnome

ok. So I'm running a 8k setup , with 2 20lb co2 tanks . I have an atlas 2 co2 controller with a atlas double ended regulator attached to my co2 tanks. Everywhere I find it should as easy as plug and play but here lies my issue:

My room is 18x10 . I'm running one 10" max fan into the room for fresh air , as well as two ac units that are located inside the room that pull air through the front and push right back out the front. The out take has one 10" max fan attached to a carbon air filter rated for that fans size, and two 8" fans on the other side of the room pulling heat through vented hoods.

My atlas 2 controller sometimes reads 1000ppm (indicating it's between 1000-1250) however ONLY when I'm running my co2 at 9 cu ft / hr do I achieve that level.

What am I doing wrong ?? Do I need to recalibrate controller ? I bought it used from a buddy who I know has taken great care of it. It just sits on a wall lol. It's canopy height in the middle of my grow room and I have 100ft of lining running the co2 around the room. Wtf!! Help before I ruin my plants with over co2 or less co2... I want 1500 lol.

A thank you before hand is appreciated for anyone who read this. This site helps me more than anyone could imagine
Ur co2 cant keep up cuz ur exchanging too much air. Kinda spinning ur wheels runnin ac and co2 as well as exchanging air constantly. Imo u need to pick one or the other

P

PocketGrower

Ur co2 cant keep up cuz ur exchanging too much air. Kinda spinning ur wheels runnin ac and co2 as well as exchanging air constantly. Imo u need to pick one or the other
I'm running the two ac units because I don't gave central air unit so obviously I need the ac for cool air, the ventilation is set up to pull all the hot air out as the 10" pushes air back in because my room has a negative pressure without it. I can deal with the negatives because it's a closed off room , but just used the intake fan for cool air being brought below the canopy

G gnome

G gnome

I'm running the two ac units because I don't gave central air unit so obviously I need the ac for cool air, the ventilation is set up to pull all the hot air out as the 10" pushes air back in because my room has a negative pressure without it. I can deal with the negatives because it's a closed off room , but just used the intake fan for cool air being brought below the canopy
Thats all good n fine but its also the reason ur co2 cant keep up and imo ur literally throwing money out the window

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter

Relax bro and burn a fattie. I dont want to start a revolution but....... I have read numerous studies and other data that would indicate that while elevated levels of Co2 are good there actually comes a point where too much Co2 actually becomes counter productive. Old sayn too much of a good thing........ If you can keep your Co2 levels between 900-1100 you will be fine. Any higher you wasting gas & $$$ and time , overworking the plants system and ask it to use more than it i physically able to do.

Last edited:
P

PocketGrower

Relax bro and burn a fattie. I dont want to start a revolution but....... I have read numerous studies and other data that would indicate that while elevated levels of Co2 are good there actually comes a point where too much Co2 actually becomes counter productive. Old sayn too much of a good thing If you can keep your Co2 levels between 900-1100 you will be fine. Any higher you wasting gas & $$$ and time to over work the plants system and ask it to eat more than it i physically able to do.
Thats all good n fine but its also the reason ur co2 cant keep up and imo ur literally throwing money out the window
If I cut my inline would that help
More ?? Thanks for the great input from everyone and especially you gnome

cannabeans

cannabeans

This seems to be the problem... No fresh air in a closed loop system.
Btw.... 1000 ppms is the sweet spot in my opinion and as Jumpincactus has so kindly brought forth evidence to prove my opinion...
Thanks Jumpincactus

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive always run co2 @1500ppm fwiw
And my friend, based on research we have been wasting gas, time, and money at those levels. Just sayn, not trying to inflame. We can agree to disagree!!!! Its all in the literature. Plants have a maximum level that they can absorb co2 and photosynthesize and utilize it. 1500 ppm is well above this threshold. But as is human nature when trying to outdo Mother Nature we think more is better and that isnt always the case.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What you could do @G gnome is try a run or 2 with your known producers/strains and then compare dry yeilds at 900 ppm and you wont see any drop off at the lower levels. If you put this to the test, I will if you prove me wrong which you wont. I'll make up your shortages out of my stock. Hows that for an offer. Balls in your court Amigo!!!

G gnome

G gnome

What you could do @G gnome is try a run or 2 with your known producers/strains and then compare dry yeilds at 900 ppm and you wont see any drop off at the lower levels. If you put this to the test, I will if you prove me wrong which you wont. I'll make up your shortages out of my stock. Hows that for an offer. Balls in your court Amigo!!!

Ive read ur link and its not the first time ive heard it. Im not sayin im right and every one else is wrong. Im sayin that 1500 aint hurting nothin and the cost difference is negligible so im stayin where im at.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive read ur link and its not the first time ive heard it. Im not sayin im right and every one else is wrong. Im sayin that 1500 aint hurting nothin and the cost difference is negligible so im stayin where im at.
Like we always tell em when they come thru here. Each to their own find what worx and run with it. .....No harm no foul bro. :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My ole lady just texted me after seeing this thread and told me I owe @G gnome an apology. She said that I am abrasive. Well I never in my whole have been called abrasive before. :( So hey gnome am I abrasive or just a azz. LOL

sun

sun

there is a chat feature hit him up in chat. He is a busy dude. Just work with him. He will take care of your issues.

My ole lady just texted me after seeing this thread and told me I owe @G gnome an apology. She said that I am abrasive. Well I never in my whole have been called abrasive before. :( So hey gnome am I abrasive or just a azz. LOL

gotta listen to the O'L ladys jumping cactus :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom