Co2 Preference? Burnner Vs Tanks, Or Multitask?

• Thread starter maskedgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maskedgrower

maskedgrower

my question is just about as simple as stated above. im looking for incite on co2 and what other mass growers use and or prefer. i do have a few grows under my belt but would like to ask what do u prefer, Co2 tanks, co2 burners or maybe both?

I currently have both setups in place now but for this run im using tanks. nearing the end of harvest with the tanks i do see a bit of a difference, mind you when i ran the burners i didn't know what i was doing and exhausted air out about the same time i was was burring co2. i have seen in several places that once u hit over 4k in room your better off using a burner vs tanks. my question is: has anyone ever run both at the same time? would i in the end save money and keep a more constant PPM level?

My thoughts for what its worth is i can do one of two things. run my burner on a timer for 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off. then set my tanks at a smaller psi to more or less manage my ppm level. or hook both tank and burner to the controller and fill at a faster rate to keep ppm levels at an ideal level. at the end of the day im trying to get the best yield for my buck, if you will. with it being more cost effective to fill a propane tank vs a co2 tank, and help maintain levels at all time. might seem like a bit much but like i said i already have both so...... why not maximize what i have?

with the room i have in question is a 12x24x8 sealed room (now) with 6k lights there are 8 isolating fan, 215 pint dehue and a 3 ton a/c. im currently running a 50lb co2 tank and have a burner in place as backup. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

With out a controller (I like fuzzy logic), your just guessing at ppm levels and may be wasting gas and $$. I run a bottle in a sealed 8x12x7 room with 4x315w cmh.

For Big rooms id run a burner. Smaller run a bottle.

The timers are great for beginners, but grab a controller, set ppm, and walk away.

G gnome

G gnome

With out a controller (I like fuzzy logic), your just guessing at ppm levels and may be wasting gas and $$. I run a bottle in a sealed 8x12x7 room with 4x315w cmh.

The timers are great for beginners, but grab a controller, set ppm, and walk away.
Agreed

maskedgrower

maskedgrower

The timers are great for beginners, but grab a controller, set ppm, and walk away.[/QUOTE

I agree as well and maybe i failed to mention I do have a titan co2 monitor I was referring to using a timer for propane and running tanks off the monitor

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Why not run both off the same controller. Use the sniffer in the controller, use a 3-way plug (plug that into controller, then the bottle regulator and the burner trigger into 3-way that' plugged into controller). This way you have 1 signal triggering both the bottle and burner.

Unless you run a massive room 20x20x10,
there' no need to run both. Most all big rooms use burners. Cheaper to run lp vs bottled gas.

maskedgrower

maskedgrower

That's what I was thinking as well and your absultly correct with over all cost and efficiency it would be better to run the burner.

Maybe I just think to much when I smoke. I just thought with already having both set at different points in the room, could i get a more even spread across the canopy run the burner at full capacity and dial the tank regulator down to say 1.5 - 2 psi to help with heat as well. Again it maybe over kill but was just wondering if the two would balance each other out more effectively.

Or maybe I should stop thinking lol just trying to see what all is out there and maybe strike an intriguing conversation

Top Bottom