Co2 Wax Into Shatter

• Thread starter joonie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joonie

joonie

I've been getting good yields out of a co2 machine lately. The thing is, everytime I put it in a vac chamber and heating pad (40-45 c) for 24 hours it turns into honey oil. Which isn't a bad thing. I was just wondering if it is possible to make it into shatter.

Calixylon

Calixylon

From what ive heard and people ive talked to Co2 tends to always make really sappy product. Also could be strain related?

Paradigm

Paradigm

With most CO2 extractions the product is going to contain too light of oils to stabilize. Unless you are using a PSICO2 Extractor that is.

Last edited:
Canalchemist

Canalchemist

If you are using fresh frozen the moisture content will cause it to be runny, THC is less viscous than THCA so if you decard the THCA you will end up with a less viscous result. If the buds are completely dry, and then run through extraction and put in the vac oven without heat or vac'ed in a chamber the result would likely be a more viscous resin or shatter.

M

Machine54321

I am currently running a 2000 5l apeks machine and am having a hard time what is a general psi/chiller temp/hour setting i could start with, my goal is to produce a dab product and lots of it. i need someone with decent expierence on this machine and with post process I'm down for any ideas.

J

JahYakel

id like to know if anyone has any more info on this. ive found some strains will be more stable than others after 12-24 hour under vac at around 110f. others just sap up like mentioned above.

RochesterCo2

RochesterCo2

I am currently running a 2000 5l apeks machine and am having a hard time what is a general psi/chiller temp/hour setting i could start with, my goal is to produce a dab product and lots of it. i need someone with decent expierence on this machine and with post process I'm down for any ideas.

I have the same exact machine and have been trained by the director of engineering from Apeks actually. So I'm pretty familiar with how Co2 extraction works! What kind of specifics do you want to know? There's a ton of variables so it depends on what you're looking for really.. Like would you want higher and faster yielding quantity product which usually comes out lower quality (Supercritical) or higher quality product that takes longer to produce (Subcritical)? There's also many different types of "dab products" like shatter, budder, crumble, and distillates . So It really all depends on what you're looking to make and how the market is in your area for each of those things. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'd love to answer them

S

Sarmar93

I have the same exact machine and have been trained by the director of engineering from Apeks actually. So I'm pretty familiar with how Co2 extraction works! What kind of specifics do you want to know? There's a ton of variables so it depends on what you're looking for really.. Like would you want higher and faster yielding quantity product which usually comes out lower quality (Supercritical) or higher quality product that takes longer to produce (Subcritical)? There's also many different types of "dab products" like shatter, budder, crumble, and distillates . So It really all depends on what you're looking to make and how the market is in your area for each of those things. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'd love to answer them

Hi there I have the same machine. We've dialed in pretty decently getting good yields. Currently, we want shatter as well but always end up with sap. Some end up more stable but we've never gotten anything close to shatter consistency. We've also been working to clarify our product more. Another question, have you found your waxes test low or do you not even separate out the waxes???Any tips????

T

TreeMonsters

Hey, I used to run an Apeks 5L and have found really solid pre-processing techniques and run parameters that land a very clear high testing extract, I'd be happy to discuss and share via PM. I was on occasion able to make a decent shatter but haven't been able to reproduce it reliably and would be very interested in any tips or tricks not already mentioned here. Currently running a manual 20L Eden. I'd be keen on discussing any and all ideas and sharing my own if anyone is interested in going down that road, I'm just a little skeptical of posting right on a public page as I would ideally like to form a mutually beneficial discussion...ya know...science. Best of Luck and Thanks in advance.

RochesterCo2

RochesterCo2

Hey, I used to run an Apeks 5L and have found really solid pre-processing techniques and run parameters that land a very clear high testing extract, I'd be happy to discuss and share via PM. I was on occasion able to make a decent shatter but haven't been able to reproduce it reliably and would be very interested in any tips or tricks not already mentioned here. Currently running a manual 20L Eden. I'd be keen on discussing any and all ideas and sharing my own if anyone is interested in going down that road, I'm just a little skeptical of posting right on a public page as I would ideally like to form a mutually beneficial discussion...ya know...science. Best of Luck and Thanks in advance.

Hey TreeMonsters, I'd be more than glad to discuss these topics with you! And I agree with having a mutually beneficial discussion over it. About to message you back right now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom