Cob Build, Input Wanted

• Thread starter Kingpossum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kingpossum

Kingpossum

Hi every1, after reading through millions of posts thanks all. i feel i have a phd in led lighting still tossing n turning about exactly how i wanna go bout this build.

until now ive been running 600w hps in soil, quite a few years now lol.

Im thinking a continuous cycle with 2 smaller flower rooms.
1st flower room will be a ca. 60x60 table, 2nd 60x90 to give em more breathing room in the last half of bloom..... ladies will be transfered

im gunna go with the 36v clu0481212s .......run 25w, 36w or 50w
@sixstring , realstyles.. see you did a bumper grow running at 36w and realstyles also with 50w, with similar spacings, any g/watt comparisons?

@sixstring you were talking throwing some 4000k....2700k in the mix....bring much?

1 was planning on 5@36w with 1 4000k to stop streaching. in the 60x60 (1st half flower)
8@25w for coverage with 2 2700k for the reds. (2nd half flower)

wat yal think about more blue first half more red 2nd half.... or should i have the same throughout flower....?

That would be more light intensity in the first half of flower, only really to create even cob pattern.
The second half flower would be more spreadout but less intense.....hmmm,
the rooms are next to eachother so mixin 36w/25w in a room is no prob.

or i could just run 10 at 36w 1st room 4 and 2nd room 6 all 3000k or 3500k
and maybe throw some low watt blues n reds .....1day

wat you all think?

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

the 1 4000k and 2 2700k would be mixed with either 3000k or 3500k still on the wire with that 1, probly 3500k 80cri. veg will probly be 60x60 with 4x25w 4000-5000k

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

I have been mixing 3000k with 5000k for some time with great results in both veg and flower. The mixture 3000k/5000k is called natural daylight by the lighting industry.

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

I have been mixing 3000k with 5000k for some time with great results in both veg and flower. The mixture 3000k/5000k is called natural daylight by the lighting industry.
ive read some of ur posts, thanks for the input. after seing sixstrings results im def goin to put a high ratio of 2700k for flower

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

any thousghts on the 2phase flowering... dif spectrums.

sixstring

sixstring

Oh my there was a few too many questions in the first post lol.lets start with wtf does 60 x 60 mean? Is it 60 inches 60 centimeters? And secondly i dont recommend using 4000k for flower,but i know some people do it.
And third would be your cob choice,you dont want to compare 25w of shitizen 1212 to 25w of 3590 because the 1212 is a smaller packaged cob.imo for every 10 cree 3590 in a given space you will need 20 to 25 % more 1212 in the same space.unless you bumped the power up to 40 or 50w to compensate. Also look at the vero 29 if you want a cheaper cob with the same great performance of the 3590.or for a direct replacement to the 3590 use the shitizen 1818.

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

thanks for the quick answer, the room size would be 2x2 and 2x3 feet.
was at roll it up before, too much misc to read through, but left there with the impression the 048 1212 were equal if not better in intensity.they seem to running both "shitzens" and 3590s at 35-50w/sqf, thanks for the update my grow space is 5x2.5 meters, i only want to go with small rooms for a continuous cycle and to have more controll and want "play around a bit".
,make more of a hobby out of it than throwing some clones under a light n waiting.

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

@sixstring ok ill take the 3590s or the vero29.
wat you think about the whole 2phase flowering... try simulate end of autumn.
guess im getting ahead of my self, should get setup then start pussyfootin with spectrums.

sixstring

sixstring

as for 2 separate areas i dont see the need but everyone has their own style.i run a single flower room with 16 plants but none of them are the same age,well usually none of them but sometimes i might have 2 the same age.when we chop down a plant we put a new seed or clone in there to replace it so the room is always full,and we are always harvesting new plants(2 times a week)
back to the citi 1212,it is a decent cob ,just smaller so you need more cobs per sq ft or run them harder.
i like the 2700k,3000k,and 3500k colors,in that order.nothing wrong with mixing colors but with these cobs being such a broad ,full spectrum you dont need to get crazy with mixing.some 2700k and 3500k in the same are will cover all your bases.but i still find my best flowers come from under the 2700k only setups.its not like the 2200k color of a hps lamp which is very targeted color or orange with a few spikes of uv and blue.a 2700k cob is a very well balanced broad spectrum.it just happens to peak more in the red/orange area.

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

Great thats why im here, learn from every1s experience/mistakes.
Ok sixstring ill keep it simple to start, 1 flowering room 2x5 with 10cobs, staggering growth like you sounds great but throws floodndrain out the window with dif nute needs.
guess ill have to investigate these "bubble" pots or something else
back to lighting.
ill make the splash for the veros or 3590s.
2x 5 foot bars run at 35watts mostly 2700k.
thanks for the advice. sixstring

im in europe and finding the heatsinks is turning out to be my biggest problem.
looking like i might have get them from china
never delt with this alibaba stuff before seems a hassel......

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

it seems "jerry" at kingbright has 3 different prices for the same heatsink... and the cobs too. it all seems too cheap....
Those who have dealt with these chinesse alibaba things before, how does it work?

sixstring

sixstring

@REALSTYLES is buddies with jerry so he can give you the skinny on that.lots of people have used him(jerry at kingbright) with good reviews.

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

òl jerry from kingbright, his name pops up everywhere.
i think i might have sent him a message, that alibaba contact setup confusing at best :p

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

I tried to send it twice so see if i get a reply i guess, his rating for replying quick is top.

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

Got a reply from kingbright :cool: not jerry but 1 of his minions. within 24hrs single and set prices for everything i enquired about, shipping and paypal costs also.
ol jerry runs a tight ship :D

cant compare prices anywhere even including shipping.
awsome!!!! was getting worried i wouldnt find any sinks for a reasonable price.

I have some messed up picture of a china man on a big tall stool ordering a shtload of lil yellow minions around :speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kingpossum

Kingpossum

sorted 10x 2700k 3590s and some clu048 4000k for veg, just gotta ask wifey:kiss: for the ok. might have to wait till the 1st, got my gastank filled today:crying2:

Kingpossum

Kingpossum

@sixstring .... any1 who can answer https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-4x8-flowering-tent.88618/page-9#post-1939798
need some info... wats all this 110v 220v 240v stuff.
do i need to do anything to run my drivers?
im getting hlg-185h-c1050s to run 5 3590s at ca. 35w. i live in europe so everything says 220-240v.
i assumed i could connect the driver to a std eu plug. am i missing something?

also the two pin plugs here can be pluggedin eitherway. i read somewhere here (cant find it now) to make sure + and - on the driver dont get mixed up or it still recieves power..... or something.
can i trial and error which way to put the plug in or will i wreck something?

im not that elec. savy but thought i had the whole watt/led/driver understood. :mad:

Thanks

Top Bottom