Cob Lighting For A 4x8 Flowering Tent

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Phillyblunt

You want uvb.floros would last much llonger only running 3 to 4 hours a day.with that said my highest thc test score came from under the quantum/cob fixture 2700k and 3500k.im not convinced uv does a thing other than injure the plants and our skin haha.
Can you explain the higher thc content of the kush plant that is grown under higher uv up in the kush mountains?

sixstring

sixstring

Can you explain the higher thc content of the kush plant that is grown under higher uv up in the kush mountains?
can you ? is this something you did testing wise or just something you read online? maybe its the thin air or higher co2 on the mountain top ? idk but im still using uv lamps tryin to figure it out on my own.and i do pay for testing for thc and i also do terp testing,not seeing any benefit using uv yet but maybe im doing it wrong ?

P

Phillyblunt

can you ? is this something you did testing wise or just something you read online? maybe its the thin air or higher co2 on the mountain top ? idk but im still using uv lamps tryin to figure it out on my own.and i do pay for testing for thc and i also do terp testing,not seeing any benefit using uv yet but maybe im doing it wrong ?
Its just something that im curious about. You have to wonder is kush adapted to use it's environment the same way any other organism would evolve to. One of the variables of high elevation is increased UV levels. While I don't know and couldnt say if there is a direct link to the fact that kush has produced the highest thc content on the world, it can't be ruled out.

It might help to mention that there's actually a drop of co2 at higher elevations, albeit insignificant in relation to availabilty to photosynthesis, due to barometric pressure.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Latest harvest, 15 half gallon , 1 gallon , and 3 quarts of bud from six plants under my lights... I weighed my two Aurora and one white widow and had 17.75 ounces. I'm sure the other three Blueberries will weigh at least that much. So I'm thinking an average of 6 ounces per plant.
IMG 20171227 173122

The stack of blueberry
IMG 20171216 220543

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

just an update on my last harvest pictured in my previous post: I weighed the final product and ended up with a total of 37 ounces of dried bud from the six plants. (37 ounces * 28.35 grams per ounce) / 1000 watts = ~1 gram per watt = not too bad.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I have a question that maybe someone can answer: I have been having some "dried brown leaf" issues ever since my new lights that I can't seem to figure out. I don't think it's LED light burn, doesn't feel that intense on the back of my hand at the plant canopy level. I'm using the same amount of nutrient EC levels (1.6 to 1.8) that I used with my old light. I also notice that I'm having a harder time keeping the PH up to 6.2, it keeps dropping over night to 5.0 or less.

I'm wondering if the plants need more nutes due to the better lights? I read this somewhere: "the more intense light might have been a contributor because of increased metabolic activity in the plant that caused enough of of an imbalance that the ion and cation exchange, that normally happens during flower, at the roots, this can cause an acidity in the root zone." "The drop in pH and increased acidity is a common occurrence during flowering with cannabis, it is normal, but many nutrients for flowering help balance out this by providing a better balance of nutrients to keep the ion and cation exchange more balanced as well as calcium and magnesium compounds that can help buffer pH, dolomite lime is a perfect example of this."

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Latest harvest, 15 half gallon , 1 gallon , and 3 quarts of bud from six plants under my lights... I weighed my two Aurora and one white widow and had 17.75 ounces. I'm sure the other three Blueberries will weigh at least that much. So I'm thinking an average of 6 ounces per plant.
View attachment 767009

The stack of blueberry
View attachment 767011
@h4ppyf4rmer
Geez..I gotta ask ...what Blueberry that is? I have tried Dutch Passion and BC Early BB..Both were a bitch to grow and only yielded about an ounce of great smoke (my soil avg is about 4+ ounces per plant).
Been staying away from DJ's seeds just because of my DP experience..
Comments PLZ?

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

@h4ppyf4rmer
Geez..I gotta ask ...what Blueberry that is? I have tried Dutch Passion and BC Early BB..Both were a bitch to grow and only yielded about an ounce of great smoke (my soil avg is about 4+ ounces per plant).
Been staying away from DJ's seeds just because of my DP experience..
Comments PLZ?
The blueberry I used was Canuk Fem Blueberry. It produced a lot but I found that the buds were airier than I liked. They smoked well and had a kind of popurri smell. This latest grow I just harvested is Aurora Indica. My next grow will be ChemCookies, white widow, and another Aurora.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The blueberry I used was Canuk Fem Blueberry. It produced a lot but I found that the buds were airier than I liked. They smoked well and had a kind of popurri smell. This latest grow I just harvested is Aurora Indica. My next grow will be ChemCookies, white widow, and another Aurora.
Thank you..I forgot..I got 1x Canuk BB fem freebie from True North last yr....never germinated for me..LOL

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That's funny..I am growing 4x Chem Cookies right now..about 3 weeks old and hearty ..White Widow is also in my flower tent..along with 3 others..LOL
4 2 18

Z

Zenuku

Wonder_Grow said:
For my 20 * 20 grow tent, I attempt to calculate the power required by myself. I heard that in order to give 1000PPFD to this certain area, we need about grow lights of 1000 watts. It is a very high power because the household LED light bulb is about 10 to 20 watts. In order to test the efficiency of the grow lights, I put two plants together and then light-shield one of them. Interestingly, the results is very small in the first week. However, in the 2nd to 3rd week, the height difference of the plant raised to 4.5 cm, which is pretty impressive.

Did you use the grow lights for 24/7? The major difference might be due to the continuous light supply at night. LED has advantage of instant on and no ballast as found in mercury vapor. It is more convenient.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

I weighed out my latest harvest of Aurora Indica and I ended up with 27 ounces in the jars. Not as much as the previous two grows but I believe it was due to the cold temperatures this winter in the cellar and only vegging for 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 weeks. The plants were much shorter than usual too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom