Coco and filtered water ph

• Thread starter bentley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bentley

I'm using canna coco and r/o water. My filtered water is coming out at around 100ppm I think I need to change the filters. But my question is do you have to ph filtered water?? The ph is around 6.8-7. I heard that u don't need to ph filtered water but the ph is never 5.5-6.0

Rushoe

Rushoe

Maybe u wont after adding in your nutes try mixing in some nutes and check the ph u might not have to most nutes have a ph buffer

S

SofaKingHigh

Always check and adjust pH after all of the elements you plan on feeding are mixed and have sat for an hour or two, as the mix will fluctuate until settled.

Most notable is when adding a bloom booster that will lower pH, with time it will naturally climb back up so being impatient and adding pH up at this point will most likely leave it too high in a matter of hours.

F

FastForward

Most people I know who use Canna and RO water tend to cut it with regular tap water to get it to EC0.3. Alternatively you're going to need Cal Mag because Canna is formulated for hard European water.

And yes, you need to pH everything in coco (apart from flushing) to ensure the plant gets the right nutrient uptake. pH swings, or out of range, will cause deficiencies. Keep the pH in range and everything will be easy.

FF

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

I even PH the RO water when flushing with my Canna Coco or just giving water on the alternate days when not feeding nutes. Untreated City water the PPM is around 280 PPM going in and Out the RO its between 10 and 30 PPM at 7.0 PH depending on the time of year and shifting TDS.

Top Bottom