Coco Coir Seedling Question

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

hello,

quick question I havent been able to find an awnser too. I have a couple seedlings at the moment that are just starting with their first true leaves after the cotelydons. atm they're in small square pots filled with canna coco and abit of hydroton ontop. I know that you're not suppposed to feed seedlings atleast until their cotelydons start to turn yellow and die off or until they develop up to the 3rd node or so whichever comes first. With coco i was always under the assumption you always water with nutrients even if it's a weak one so that you replace any cation exchange. I know my seedlings don't need any nutes , my question is will it do them any harm to give them JUST water and maybe a small amount of cal mag & rapid start or should I give them a weak feed since i'm using coco. Like I said i know they dont need the nutes but since im in coco always been under the impression you never just water in coco always have some kinda nute?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Also has anyone ran Emerald Harvest nutrients either the 2 or 3 part in coco coir before? I have both sets and was wanting to do arun with them but haven't seen anyone really using it in coco coir

scubascrog

scubascrog

you need to feed coco every watering!!!!! start off with 25% base solution, they mostly need p and k when rooting then they will look for N shortly after. my cotyledons stay on until flower sometimes :)

This being you want the plants trained to receiving higher ppms earlier, more growth = better yield

Start with the cal-mag base always!

Last edited:
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Thnx for the reply I'll feed a low dose for cocos sake. I usually keep my ppms lower but feed multiple times sometimes up to 7 times a day

Top Bottom