Coco Feeding And Flushing Question Please Help

• Thread starter Lbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Anyways I also had a coco flushing question.. regarding final pre-harvest flush ...Do you wait for containers to dry before flushing again or just keep hitting them daily even when still wet?
I would let them dry especially at the end you don't want bud rot. Flush a week I'm going for that amount and gonna use a cleaning solution. I have a low tolerance to crackling buds :)

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I would let them dry especially at the end you don't want bud rot. Flush a week I'm going for that amount and gonna use a cleaning solution. I have a low tolerance to crackling buds :)
Not totally dry just two inches into the coco

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

What temps exactly will cause the foxtailing ? Cause I just realized the tips will get up too 80-82F

it's strain dependent too.
I've seen foxtailing @ 87* I would say if I had to remember. some sour d I didn't think it looked bad or smoked to bad either. I love he sour d

Mean what's up man do you think they're almost ready to chop? If I were you I would try to grow then throuhh the entire flower time...the buds are still good it's only that formation that's off. Make sure and check your resin development for when to pull those babies ;)

Last edited:
Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya they are still frosty as fuck starting flush tomorrow day 56 it's a little late but I'll let them go late if it takes 2 weeks for a good flush

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Ya they are still frosty as fuck starting flush tomorrow day 56 it's a little late but I'll let them go late if it takes 2 weeks for a good flush

Where did you hear that about the two week flush... sounds like soil logic to me

I could be wrong af this is my first coco run.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

You def want to just harvest based on them tricomes. Don't wait until you have a
"good flush"
Which makes me wonder have you have a bad flush. How do you seperate the two? What did you do last time and how did it work out for you? Also did you consider the possibility that an over fed plant may never truly flush?

Trentski420

Trentski420

What do you mean seperate the 2... run off should be at the very minimum under 180ppm yellowed out leaves... clean burning with white ash.. and no this Is my 2nd grow and if there is one thing I did perfect my first run it was my flushing/drying/curing

Trentski420

Trentski420

my 1st run had enough peat included that they took 2-4 days to dry and were not feeding daily.. I'm wondering if I'm now flushing daily that I won't need 2 weeks but I've been told 2 week minimum my girls didn't yellow until I got Into the 2nd week

Trentski420

Trentski420

There's no chance in hell I would harvest based on trichomes if I had only flushed 2-3 days... id sacrifice the tiny bit of potency instead of being left with shitty pot that burns black and won't stay lit in a joint no matter how dry

Trentski420

Trentski420

A
You def want to just harvest based on them tricomes. Don't wait until you have a
"good flush"
Which makes me wonder have you have a bad flush. How do you seperate the two? What did you do last time and how did it work out for you? Also did you consider the possibility that an over fed plant may never truly flush?
one of my strains sweet tooth still crackled after a heavy flush the rest came out fine.. the run off of their ppm were all below 180ppm that's how I decided when but his time I'm getting super low numbers started at 80 and now 40ppm (only one of them I can easily access run off) this girl stalled out and had a good flush week or 2 before I started my pre-harvest flush really curious as too what the runoff of my other plants are may have to find a way at em

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

A

one of my strains sweet tooth still crackled after a heavy flush the rest came out fine.. the run off of their ppm were all below 180ppm that's how I decided when but his time I'm getting super low numbers started at 80 and now 40ppm (only one of them I can easily access run off) this girl stalled out and had a good flush week or 2 before I started my pre-harvest flush really curious as too what the runoff of my other plants are may have to find a way at em

Isn't your medium considered hydroponic? I know soil needs to flush for two weeks but I was under the impression that hydro you flush less?

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

IMG 0006
IMG 0008

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

If you kept your coco that wet for very long, you may see little winged insects. Fungus gnats love wet coco, get some yellow sticky cards to catch the first of them... And let your coco dry a bit if you can without causing droop.

The inter nodal spacing I see means too much red light I think. Old bulb? Too late now.
2.5 EC? really? I've never run anything that hot.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Nice camera but ya it looks like a little too much stretching? So after 7 days of flushing my plants are drying in 1-2 days instead of 2-4. My guess is that my overfeeding GREATLY fucked the transpiration and transport of fluids which just got corrected after a good flush... one thing I've noticed is my 3 coco/perlite 50/50 are STAYING DRY WTF!? Does this mean? I water them and 10 minutes later my moisture meter is hitting the bottom end of dry!! Now these girls were vegged long and possibly rootbound could that be a cause? I've been flushing them twice a day since I discovered this

Trentski420

Trentski420

This makes sooo much sense now as my only 2 grows now I've overfed and my pots always took too long too dry... this gives me SOO much hope and excitement to rock my 3rd grow hard.. Im still satisfied with what I got so I can't wait too see how I can improve

Trentski420

Trentski420

But the rest have peat moss incorporated therefore have not been able to flush daily hence the reason I'm just going to flush them all for 2 weeks as I dry them in same closet when I shut the flower room down for a week or 2

This one at the top was greatly stunted I'm thinking general overfeeding but specifically possibly the calcium def. Caused by too much PK boost

IMG 20170323 130624036

Latest posts

Top Bottom