Coco Grow.....help....me

• Thread starter Soulcalsd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Everything is looking much better. Still dark , but the roots are popping out the bottom more than they ever have. All the great advice yall gave is paying off. Unfortunately the girls that have a week left in flower are covered in spider mites. I thought I got rid of them , checked the other day and it's worse than ever. Any advice on remedies this close to chop? It's mostly the lower parts of the plants that are being attacked. Checked on my vegging ladies and they are clean, probably because they are healthier. Gonna hit them with neem once a week.
Glad to hear things are turning around.:D Not to happy to hear about those damn mites though.:cry: I don't have much advice on what you can do to remedy the situation mid/late into flower. They are quite relentless once you have them in this period. If it's mostly the lower parts you can maybe try and get rid of the lowers and try to save the untouched tops. Up to you. Someone else might have some other tips on what to do.

Good call neem should get the trick done to help protect the young plants and help to kill off any stray mites. Spider mites prefer super hot/low humidity/low wind conditions so it might be time to reevaluate the environment of your flower room. Most of the time bringing the temps down a bit and increasing airflow is enough to provide a less hospitable place for them hang out.

S

Soulcalsd

Damn summer heatwave really set me up for a bad one. That's definitely why they came back so strong. Got much warmer. Perfect condition for mite swarm. Well a little bit of mite smoke won't kill me.....I hope.

S

Soulcalsd

I'm still a bit confused by the pale , dull green color. I keep thinking it has something to do with cec and cal Mag. I've been bouncing from doing 6ml feed then 5ml.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Everything is looking much better. Still dark , but the roots are popping out the bottom more than they ever have. All the great advice yall gave is paying off. Unfortunately the girls that have a week left in flower are covered in spider mites. I thought I got rid of them , checked the other day and it's worse than ever. Any advice on remedies this close to chop? It's mostly the lower parts of the plants that are being attacked. Checked on my vegging ladies and they are clean, probably because they are healthier. Gonna hit them with neem once a week.
I read habanero spray works on spider mites, its all natural and safe up to harvest i think, but do your research, it may leave an after taste or something this late into flowering which you can get rid off by washing your buds probably, well google it :) also found some interesting technique someone posted on some site (sounds pretty reliable does it not:))

-anon72c• 4y
I know it sounds kind of weird, but I use pantyhose and a few cardboard tubes hooked up to a vacuum cleaner.

So, take a longer tube (paper towels) and cut like a 1x3" opening about 1.5-2.5" from the base. Then slit a smaller tube (toilet paper) along the length, and place it around the longer tube. You should be able to slide the small tube up and down to cover the window. It adjusts the amount of suction after attaching it to the vacuum. Slide a piece of pantyhose over the end to keep the leaves from getting sucked in and beaten around.

It may take a while to get everyone, but it's pretty non invasive and works the treat.-
I would try this method if it was me, habanero is a little dodgy this late imo.

Last edited:
S

Soulcalsd

I read habanero spray works on spider mites, its all natural and safe up to harvest i think, but do your research, it may leave an after taste or something this late into flowering which you can get rid off by washing your buds probably, well google it :) also found some interesting technique someone posted on some site (sounds pretty reliable does it not:))

-anon72c• 4y
I know it sounds kind of weird, but I use pantyhose and a few cardboard tubes hooked up to a vacuum cleaner.

So, take a longer tube (paper towels) and cut like a 1x3" opening about 1.5-2.5" from the base. Then slit a smaller tube (toilet paper) along the length, and place it around the longer tube. You should be able to slide the small tube up and down to cover the window. It adjusts the amount of suction after attaching it to the vacuum. Slide a piece of pantyhose over the end to keep the leaves from getting sucked in and beaten around.

It may take a while to get everyone, but it's pretty non invasive and works the treat.-
Wow, very cool idea. You could do before or after chop couldn't you? Yea probably best to not spray at this point. Thanks for ur help.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

-anon72c• 4y

I use my shop vac the same way only I just drilled holes in the tube until I felt the suction was not enough to really damage the plants. No pantyhose over the end though.
And for late infestations I have used bud washing to at least remove the majority of the mites and webs. That's plain water washing.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I use my shop vac the same way only I just drilled holes in the tube until I felt the suction was not enough to really damage the plants. No pantyhose over the end though.
And for late infestations I have used bud washing to at least remove the majority of the mites and webs. That's plain water washing.
It sounds legit, i will try it too if i get mites in late flowering

justiceman

justiceman

I'm still a bit confused by the pale , dull green color. I keep thinking it has something to do with cec and cal Mag. I've been bouncing from doing 6ml feed then 5ml.
Not sure what you mean. No twisting anymore and they aren’t overly dark green like they were before. I think they are looking pretty good now. :smoking:

S

Soulcalsd

Yea they definitely look way better, and the roots are exploding out of the bottom. But still got purple in the stalk. I'll try getting some more pictures up. I feel like the pictures always make them look a little better than they are. Not saying they aren't healthy just not perfect yet . Still losing some foliage at the bottom. At a much slower rate now though . I'll get pics up. Watering everyday is definitely a game changer. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the help from everyone. Not watering everyday is what turned my last run into a shit show. Finally feel like I'm getting my coco game up

S

Soulcalsd

Everything is doing great for the most part. I got some pure raspberry and triangle kush babies thriving and loving life being watered everyday. The half and half girls are doing very well, still have some fan leaves falling off the bottom, they break way to easy .I'll hardly touch and they fall off. Something is still slightly off. Could it be they just need more light at this point?

IMAG1214
IMAG1213
IMAG1213
IMAG1215
IMAG1212
IMAG1211
S

Soulcalsd

Yea they definitely look way better, and the roots are exploding out of the bottom. But still got purple in the stalk. I'll try getting some more pictures up. I feel like the pictures always make them look a little better than they are. Not saying they aren't healthy just not perfect yet . Still losing some foliage at the bottom. At a much slower rate now though . I'll get pics up. Watering everyday is definitely a game changer. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the help from everyone. Not watering everyday is what turned my last run into a shit show. Finally feel like I'm getting my coco game up
Is it possible that they could be becoming root bound in there 3gals and that my once a day watering is now not enough to keep them wet enough because of more roots and larger plants? I would need to transplant right since I can't feed more than once a day?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Could be, but I doubt it. These are in 2 1/2 gallon pots of coir feed once a day.
DSCN0777

S

Soulcalsd

Not why they keep losing foliage . Even when they were looking good when I first started watering everyday they were dropping leaves . The bottom fans snap off really easy. Still got purple in the stalks. I'm hitting with a lower feed after going up to 620ppm . They looked pretty dark once I turned lights off. The shine in the picture is from neem but they are a bit dark.

justiceman

justiceman

Not why they keep losing foliage . Even when they were looking good when I first started watering everyday they were dropping leaves . The bottom fans snap off really easy. Still got purple in the stalks. I'm hitting with a lower feed after going up to 620ppm . They looked pretty dark once I turned lights off. The shine in the picture is from neem but they are a bit dark.

Those girls are quite bushy. I feel they are looking overall good and healthy. T5's don't penetrate into the canopy very far and the top of the canopy is looking good, but it's taking all the light which isn't necessarily a bad thing. IMO you are seeing the very bottom leaves dropping because the plant has decided there is no use in trying to keep them. They aren't absorbing any light so they are pretty much just a wasted energy/nutrition dump at this point. I believe it's trying to adapt to the particular lighting conditions.

S

Soulcalsd

OK I was thinking that could be a possibility. They are at the point where the lights just not getting much past the canopy. I'll be putting them under led and get a scrog going soon as my last girl comes out flower tent. Thanks for the backup fellas.

S

Soulcalsd

Those girls are quite bushy. I feel they are looking overall good and healthy. T5's don't penetrate into the canopy very far and the top of the canopy is looking good, but it's taking all the light which isn't necessarily a bad thing. IMO you are seeing the very bottom leaves dropping because the plant has decided there is no use in trying to keep them. They aren't absorbing any light so they are pretty much just a wasted energy/nutrition dump at this point. I believe it's trying to adapt to the particular lighting conditions.
I just feel like I've seen this before, they get on track and get hearty and explode tops and roots then get to a point where they slow down and start showing odd symptoms. I would then transplant and they would get back on track. When this happens I always see same things with leaves looking stiff or slightly bent downward and overlapping.

justiceman

justiceman

I just feel like I've seen this before, they get on track and get hearty and explode tops and roots then get to a point where they slow down and start showing odd symptoms. I would then transplant and they would get back on track. When this happens I always see same things with leaves looking stiff or slightly bent downward and overlapping.

If these problems always happen under t5's that might be a factor. Just an opinion but those plants are very bushy and thick. Pretty tall too for being under t5's. Small plants and trained plants do best under t5's. Too much bush and you don't get any penetration so most of the plant is shaded. They want to use all the nutrients but cant because of the lack of light. The metabolism just isn't moving as fast. I believe they are looking to get some more light intensity now and maybe need a clean up of the small spindly and pale undergrowth I saw in one of the pictures. Just my 2 cents on it. Generally speaking they don't look terrible by any means :smoking:

S

Soulcalsd

Yea that sounds like some solid advice. When I saw it last time they were under leds not the t5. They took off once I transplanted them. Do you think I should transplant into 5gal prior to scrog and flip? I feel like it can't hurt. Or just throw them under leds once my Vegas kush is done.

S

Soulcalsd

If these problems always happen under t5's that might be a factor. Just an opinion but those plants are very bushy and thick. Pretty tall too for being under t5's. Small plants and trained plants do best under t5's. Too much bush and you don't get any penetration so most of the plant is shaded. They want to use all the nutrients but cant because of the lack of light. The metabolism just isn't moving as fast. I believe they are looking to get some more light intensity now and maybe need a clean up of the small spindly and pale undergrowth I saw in one of the pictures. Just my 2 cents on it. Generally speaking they don't look terrible by any means :smoking:
Also the few with purple in their stalk are very hard to the touch can't even super crop. It's strange so far all my coco runs at one time or another got purple or red stems and we're hard with the same symptoms I was describing earlier.

Top Bottom