Coco Ph Problems With Gh 3 Part And Ro Water

• Thread starter Humboldt.Rio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Hey farmers

Fuck.. I have a problem that is killing me. For years i had access to botanicare line of nutes and never ph´ed my nutrients. and that is gone and stupidly or smartly started using a ph pen with gh 3part at 1ml/l micro. 1ml/l bloom. 2ml/l grow. with silica .4ml/l and calmag .8ml/ liter currently in the 4th week of veg.

coco/perilite 60/40 mix

Why did i start to use a pen? After using gh 3 part i noticed a weird change in the leaves. freaked out and bought a pool ph kit. was blue, like 7 in the rez

went to buy a cheap pen. ok. flushed the shit out of them with 5.8 water. ok. recovered.

since then 7 days ago. i do feed feed water. trying to keep the ph of solution i use at 6 on the pen.

now they look like shit again..

so. slurry test on 8 pots this morning and with low readings.

5.4 to 5.8 majority at 5.5

the problem i have is that my ro water comes out at ph of 6.0

Is that still ok to run a slurry test?

why would my ph be so low in the root zone, if the test was even accurate.

My plan today is to flush the shit out of them again ph water 6.2 and then the last watering a full feed at 6.0

I just totally feel like im missing something with this. but my pen is correct. I when i make nutes i let it sit 24 hours in bubbles. and before i feed ph.

any help is greatly appreciated

Coco ph problems with gh 3 part and ro water
Coco ph problems with gh 3 part and ro water 2
Coco ph problems with gh 3 part and ro water 3
G gnome

G gnome

8ml/l of calmag jesus christ!!
Ull fit right in round here!!! Haha
@Thejoeybrown check this out haha!!!
Seriously thats a ridiculous amount and 4ml of SI is crazy too imo

MW7945

MW7945

You're throwing your plants for a giant loop. Feeding them only water for a week is going to do more harm than good. Instead of figuring out the problem you just make it deficient in everything. That solves nothing

Slurry tests r a waste of time

It's the only way worth testing when it comes to coco...

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

That’s what I’m talking about!
I like you’re style already bro!

G gnome

G gnome

You're throwing your plants for a giant loop. Feeding them only water for a week is going to do more harm than good. Instead of figuring out the problem you just make it deficient in everything. That solves nothing

Waste of time i sed!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Don’t flush. Just make up a batch about 700 ppm and run a good amount thru.
Put your calmag in first until 150 ppm then your base to 700 total. Make sure ph is 6.0. It will give you a little buffer.
Make sure you run that thru and do not let it dry. Every watering get a little extra runoff. Should clear it up. Look at new growth not the old leaves. They won’t repair.

Then take a shot of calmag for you and on with your day!

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

thats for the imput. i thought it was a good way of testing as well. the slurry. but its made me more confussed.

im not wattering once a week i do

feed-feed-water-feed-feed-water-feed

Thats been the last week

Humboldt.Rio

Humboldt.Rio

Don’t flush. Just make up a batch about 700 ppm and run a good amount thru.
Put your calmag in first until 150 ppm then your base to 700 total. Make sure ph is 6.0. It will give you a little buffer.
Make sure you run that thru and do not let it dry. Every watering get a little extra runoff. Should clear it up. Look at new growth not the old leaves. They won’t repair.

Then take a shot of calmag for you and on with your day!
a shot of calmag for me!! whoohoo!!

I have a rez ready to go with 1.5 micro 1.5 bloom 2.5 grow

ph is about 5.8 but i can bump it to 6.0

.4 silica .8 cal mag

silica went first. then cal mag

then 3 part

Is this ok or should i make a new one?

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

thats for the imput. i thought it was a good way of testing as well. the slurry. but its made me more confussed.

im not wattering once a week i do

feed-feed-water-feed-feed-water-feed

Thats been the last week
Never feed coco plain water. Period. You need at least a low ppm like 200-300 to keep the cations filled.
Otherwise the coco will start exchanging the cations for other elements and throw it out of whack.
The K will exchange for Ca for example making people think they need more “calmag”. You gotta keep those cations full and you will stay deficiency free. The cations will take what they need to stay balanced.
Once you dry out or feed plain water you start messing with that process

Latest posts

Top Bottom