Coco Root Shots!

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Lets get some more roots up in here! Let your roots engulf the world fellow farmers.

They won't stop. Their march is firm and resolute!

Just a few days after transplant:cool:
IMG 7733

justiceman

justiceman

:p Nobody's judging here brotha. Let the roots show! We need to show the people, and they will learn that coco roots mean business. Hmmm lemme try and dig up an older picture here. Even if they look like crap on the outside most of the ones on the inside are still typically good.

Root shot of Hindu Skunk in a coco/perlite mix with coco chips on the bottom(doing too much hahaha).
Hindu Skunk 1

Top shot upon harvest just to show the roots on the inside were still good. Obviously it would have been better If i kept the outside roots fresh too, but I must have under watered her a few times. It happens. (she fell over haha). Kinda why I like to stick to 100% coco now. It's a bit safer for me.
Hindu Skunk 1

justiceman

justiceman

Hahahaha hell ya @Wisher619 Just chop off the bottom and throw that in some boiling water. Got yourself some Top Ramen after harvesting!

justiceman

justiceman

Those are some determined roots!
They'll never give in!

How long do you usually have them in solos before containers?
Usually about a week or so but It depends on the strain and how warm my room is. Basically if I see a bunch of roots popping out of the bottom and the solo feels kind of hard in a sense from the dense root mass on the sides then I know it's time for them to ascend, but as you can see they can be kept in solo's for extended periods. I think that one above has been there for about 10 weeks from seed lol.

---------------------------------
Alright here's another root shot!
IMG 8032

Cassy

Cassy

They'll never give in!

Usually about a week or so but It depends on the strain and how warm my room is. Basically if I see a bunch of roots popping out of the bottom and the solo feels kind of hard in a sense from the dense root mass on the sides then I know it's time for them to ascend, but as you can see they can be kept in solo's for extended periods. I think that one above has been there for about 10 weeks from seed lol.

---------------------------------
Alright here's another root shot!
View attachment 666402
Thanks, the roots look awesome busting thru the smarty... I have some girls in 4" pots with pro mix and was wondering if there is any issues with putting them into 3 gal with coco?...other than lowering my ph when I feed them and not letting them dry out.

justiceman

justiceman

Thanks, the roots look awesome busting thru the smarty... I have some girls in 4" pots with pro mix and was wondering if there is any issues with putting them into 3 gal with coco?...other than lowering my ph when I feed them and not letting them dry out.
I have not tried that so I can't say for certain, but I feel since there would be a lot more coco than promix you would probably be just fine.

hahahaha damn! That is so damn awesome!!!!

Wtf? Cloning game on 1000! Rooting cuts right on the mother lmao!
The roots keep on coming out of the top haha. But it's not like Wentworth! :(
IMG 8047

Top Bottom