Coco Root Shots!

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

That plant was in a humid corner next to a sweaty concrete wall only the one strain does that for me usually just nubs tho no actual roots. I wonder if you could do root layering like they do w those giant pumpkins? Can't believe the size of the stock in that beer cup! I used peat for years second go in coco just starting to appreciate its potential....
Hmmm I have heard of people creating cuts by covering stems with plastic and getting the same results you did but your conditions were such that you didn't need the bag(pretty cool), then they cut off the stem and plant it hahaha.

I just read up a bit on root layering. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I wonder if somebody around here has messed around with that or not. I'd like to try it sometime for fun. Nothing wrong with peat but I sure love coco.

------------------------------------

Alright here's an older picture of the DeadHead OG seedlings roots after I found out I put her in "prewashed coco" that actually had a super high salt content. So I had washed all the coco away and put her in fresh good stuff. She sure came back strong!
Transplant to better coco OG DeadHead 2

incogneato

incogneato

Hmmm I have heard of people creating cuts by covering stems with plastic and getting the same results you did but your conditions were such that you didn't need the bag(pretty cool), then they cut off the stem and plant it hahaha.

I just read up a bit on root layering. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I wonder if somebody around here has messed around with that or not. I'd like to try it sometime for fun. Nothing wrong with peat but I sure love coco.

------------------------------------

Alright here's an older picture of the DeadHead OG seedlings roots after I found out I put her in "prewashed coco" that actually had a super high salt content. So I had washed all the coco away and put her in fresh good stuff. She sure came back strong!
View attachment 666785
Ballsy move but it paid off!

justiceman

justiceman

Not too much going on as most of the girls are settled in for now. Here's some roots starting to pop up top on this seedling I've left in her solo for so long.
Deep Purple top roots

justiceman

justiceman

How old is it? Still happy, showing off the skills bro :ninja:
She's gonna hit 15 weeks in that solo pretty soon:sweating:. hahaha it is pretty cool, but aside from efficiency they definitely want something bigger if I wanted to take cuts off them as moms, but like you said before I have been training for the solo cup challenge. :D. I think my true bonsai moms will be #1 pots. I would do fabric pots but it's easier to take moms out of the plastic pots and chop the rootball and replant in the same container with fresh coco. Way more of a hassle to do that with fabric pots.

Top Bottom