Colorado Division Of Insurance Announces Significant Changes To The Individual Market

• Thread starter LocalGrowGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

so your telling me in the early 1990's an economist could not project a country getting crushed if we sell off our manufacturing ?

a third grader could project this forward over 40 years as our insurance cost have climbed against this ?? ross perot warned the nation how this would unfold. but the fake news painted him as a loon', lol' .......

so was it planned ? not one person questioned this and how it unfolded, no, no you can view these very arguments at the chicago school of finance hosted by milton friedman ...... early 80's ......

truth hurts ? blue bloods telling us how great things will be ~~~~~~

Loudnoises

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

And so it begins.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/do...preliminary-2018-health-insurance-information

INDIVIDUAL Medical Plans, Average REQUESTED Premium Change, by Company
Average individual premium requests across all companies: 26.96%

SMALL GROUP Medical Plans, Average REQUESTED Premium Change, by Company
Average small group premium requests across all companies: 7.46%

DENVER (July 14, 2017) – The Colorado Division of Insurance, part of the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA), today released the preliminary information for proposed health plans and premiums for 2018 for individuals and small groups. From this point until August 4, Colorado consumers can comment on these plans.

All Counties in Colorado
As the Division of Insurance noted in its June 21 news release, based on the plans filed, there is at least one insurance carrier planning to offer individual, on-exchange plans in every Colorado county. However, the insurance companies have indicated to the Division that they may be forced to reevaluate their participation in the marketplace if the lack of clarity at the federal level continues.

“Because of what is happening at the federal level, there is still a great deal of uncertainty in the marketplace,” said Marguerite Salazar, Colorado’s Insurance Commissioner. “It remains pivotal that the Trump administration stops using people's access to healthcare as a bargaining chip and commits to funding the Cost-Sharing Reductions in 2018.”

One company from 2017 is not continuing into 2018. Golden Rule Insurance Company, a subsidiary of UnitedHealthcare, offered only off-exchange, individual plans in 2017.

Premium Increases
All of the insurance companies have requested premium increases for their plans in the individual market for 2018. For individual plans, the average premium request across all companies is 26.96 percent. In the small group market, the average premium request across all companies is smaller, 7.46 percent. These are averages across all of the plans a company is offering, across all areas of the state where a company offers plans, and for all ages. These do not represent how one person’s premium could change.

“Remember that these are only what the companies have requested and are not the final premiums,” noted Commissioner Salazar “The companies must justify their premiums to the Division of Insurance, and our staff will review those justifications over the summer.

“However, these premium increases are not a surprise,” she continued. “I believe that the dubious situation at the Federal level has contributed to the premium increase requests we’ve seen from the companies.”

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Pay attention to our state's Division of Insurance for updates on trump's executive order and how it will impact consumers.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/do...t-presidents-executive-order-health-insurance

"Will fracture the health insurance markets."
DENVER (October 12, 2017) – On Thursday, President Trump signed an executive order that looks to expand the use of association and short-term health insurance plans. In response to this order, the Division of Insurance, part of the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) issued this statement from Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar.

“Expanding association health plans and short-term health insurance without ACA protections will fracture the individual and small group markets. The limited benefits, the focus on the healthy at the expense of those with pre-existing conditions, and lack of regulatory oversight will cause problems for the health insurance market as a whole.

“As association plans would not have to follow most insurance regulations, especially at the state level, there would be limited oversight, especially concerning financial solvency. Employers purchasing such plans for their employees will end up with serious questions about the value of these plans. Some employers may even find the coverage they were sold to be practically worthless, as they end up bearing the full cost of the services provided to their employees and dependents. With limited oversight of these plans, who will employers and employees turn to when they have problems with what they purchased ? And the employers who maintain plans with better coverage for their employees will see their costs continue to climb.

“In the individual market, under this executive order, cheaper, less comprehensive short-term plans may be able to exclude people with pre-existing conditions and focus on healthy individuals. This creates an imbalance in the insurance market, where people will purchase short-term plans until they get sick, and then want to move to better coverage under the ACA plans, making those plans prohibitively expensive. And those with serious health conditions would remain on the exchanges, driving up premiums even more.

“The limited benefit requirements for association and short-term plans will be detrimental to those with health needs. Premiums may end up being lower for people buying these plans, but for many, paying for services not covered by the plans will be much more costly in the long run. Doing away with these standards, as proposed, could spell the demise of employer provided insurance, especially for small employers, and exacerbate the crippling costs associated with inadequate insurance coverage.

“Currently, it appears that the executive order will not impact open enrollment for 2018 and the plans available. In addition, many of the details for this order will need to be determined through Federal rulemaking actions. The Division has many questions about what these proposals really mean for Colorado consumers, but we will continue our mission of consumer protection by ensuring that Colorado laws are still followed when possible under this order.”

###

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

2/16/2017:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...nts-after-trump-executive-order/#42e2c950a3cb

10/13/2017:
On Oct. 13, 2017, the IRS reversed a recent policy change in how it monitors compliance with the ACA’s individual mandate. For the upcoming 2018 filing season (filing 2017 tax returns), the IRS‎ will not accept electronically filed tax returns where the taxpayer does not certify whether the individual had health insurance for the year. In addition, paper returns that do not certify compliance with the individual mandate may be suspended pending receipt of additional information, and any refunds due may be delayed.

This upcoming tax filing season will be the first time the IRS will not accept tax returns that omit this health coverage information. As a result, taxpayers should indicate on their 2017 tax returns whether they (and everyone on their return) had health coverage, qualified for an exemption or are paying an individual mandate penalty.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Dude this entire thread hurts my head i should have called ya when i randomly selected a plan based on name lol

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Dude this entire thread hurts my head i should have called ya when i randomly selected a plan based on name lol
It was clusterfudge city before the trumpster's executive orders, rates have to be refiled again, and just in time for people getting their annual 'fuck you here's your new rate' letters from their carriers.

I just hope nobody took the knight's advice to 'BUY ALL THE HSA STOCKS RIGHT NOW WOOOOOOOOOO' because his cheeto might not think the same:
http://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ive-order-ends-obamacare-csr-payments-2017-10

Sometimes I think about hitting that little button that says, 'Show Ignored Content', but I have enough of a headache with all these old geezers who need help. Yeay open enrollment

scoop

scoop

>Old geezers who need help< LOL....that's like lookin' in a mirror here.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I saw the buh bye thread before it got the lockdown, and I am really, really unhappy that I missed it. The trolly troll trolls at the other site missed yet another gay joke opportunity.

I am disappoint.
>Old geezers who need help< LOL....that's like lookin' in a mirror here.
Old geezers = medicare open enrollment, where clients are more interested in chatting than enrolling. Bless their old hearts. Someone has to fall on that sword.
Swords

BiGHaRRy

BiGHaRRy

You need to get the best insurer on the market despite what you get the insrere for, cause there are lot of scammers out there that put awful hidden clauses in the contracts and if you no one in the legal field to talk to, then you are pretty much screwed. thanfully, I'm lucky enough to have someone to consult with and I was a ble to find the best plumbing insurance https://generalliabilityinsure.com/small-business/plumbing-insurance.html for my business. i really recommend this company if you are looking to renew your insurance,

Top Bottom