Commercial Grow License/ CA

• Thread starter blazeone44
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
He's a popular guy, he's charging a standard rate (for good attorneys on SoCal). However, I'm sure you can find someone less known but just as state approved who'll do it for $100 or so. I've always managed to get free first consults.

blazeone44

blazeone44

He's a popular guy, he's charging a standard rate (for good attorneys on SoCal). However, I'm sure you can find someone less known but just as state approved who'll do it for $100 or so. I've always managed to get free first consults.

thank you for the info!

Call him back, tell him GoldenStateGreenery sent you.
(714) 231-4435, thats his cell! Good Lawyers arent cheap! Cheap lawyers arent good!
Good luck, otoh Chris is gonna tell you straight up.
Things like, Am i safe from arrest? No, Can i get a Calif Growers license? They dont exist, How many plants can I grow? How many can you justify he will say

thanks bro, i tried to pm you however it stated your box is full. The lady said the $500 will be applied to retainer fees if i choose to use their services. How exactly do retainer fees work? Is it a one time fee or annual? thanks for all the help i am really a noob when it comes to law.

blazeone44

blazeone44

pms are cleared, As for Retainers and what not, Talk to Chris, I tried to hook you up? Don't talk to the secretary she's not in the know , if you want the greased hook up call his pers cell that I gave you!! Get guidance, If you hear these words " Your Defendable" then you got the best you can ask for!!

Imma hit him up sometime today hopefully if i have time, been super busy in the garden! i will call his cell, ill keep you posted. seriously tho i appreciate the help man!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never spoken with an attorney who hasn't put the checks on something I've brought up. (Remember please that I've used lawyers for many different things, to the point that that's where my money's gone much moreso than retaining a MMJ guy.) That's part of how I determine whether or not they're going to work well for me.
thank you for the info!

thanks bro, i tried to pm you however it stated your box is full. The lady said the $500 will be applied to retainer fees if i choose to use their services. How exactly do retainer fees work? Is it a one time fee or annual? thanks for all the help i am really a noob when it comes to law.
A retainer is essentially a deposit on services. The attorney has to put the retainer into a special fund overseen by the state bar, IIRC, and then whenever they draw from it they have to account for it. Once an attorney accepts your retainer that means that s/he is working for YOU.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Fuck giving the feds a roadmap to my front door.

Stay gangster. Dont tell ANYBODY. ever. Follow the old school rules. Even for a 1k closet grow.

My 2 cents anyway....what works for me...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Looks like what he writes and his experience completely and totally supports the assertions I've been making, and not erroneously, either. 100%, in fact.

I can support my numbers due to the amount I use on a daily basis. Combine that with shrink and it's a no-brainer.

I have a buddy whose girlfriend is a lawyer and is currently doing work for growers and what not. She has written letters on behalf of commercial growers to landlords, set up cooperatives, etc.

If you have any questions, I can certainly pose them to her and get back to you. I do know that there are very few ways to get around the 6 plant per person limit. Even growing on behalf of a dispensary and using their scripts is very dicey as the courts have ruled that a dispensary can't act as a caregiver to a patient and therefore grow on their behalf. Mind you things change daily, I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, and each county is going to be different on their requirements.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I have a buddy whose girlfriend is a lawyer and is currently doing work for growers and what not. She has written letters on behalf of commercial growers to landlords, set up cooperatives, etc.

If you have any questions, I can certainly pose them to her and get back to you. I do know that there are very few ways to get around the 6 plant per person limit. Even growing on behalf of a dispensary and using their scripts is very dicey as the courts have ruled that a dispensary can't act as a caregiver to a patient and therefore grow on their behalf. Mind you things change daily, I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV, and each county is going to be different on their requirements.

thats really weird since there is no 6 plant limit

that shit got tossed out as unconstitutional

Looks like what he writes and his experience completely and totally supports the assertions I've been making, and not erroneously, either. 100%, in fact.

I can support my numbers due to the amount I use on a daily basis. Combine that with shrink and it's a no-brainer.

you make some excellent points! I worked backwards to come up with a believable number to justify my over 6 plants. 1/8 day x 28 days =3.5 ounces x3 months = 10.5 ounces. if i have a garden with 25 plants x .5 oz per = 12.5 oz. I figure that is close enough to justify.

so for the handful of others I grow for, it provides a safe margin.

thats really weird since there is no 6 plant limit

that shit got tossed out as unconstitutional

woops, I should have clarified. In my area, the DA has set a limit which is in line with CA DA, which is 6 plants. that is a minimum and counties can't go lower than that. depending on where you live, it can be much higher.

most of the commercial grows in my area grow on behalf of dispensaries and maintain a 6 plant per script rule. they must feel safe because I know of several who go over the 99 plant federal rule. I would never do so, but they do.

If you are growing for yourself or a couple friends, you have to be prepared to justify why you would have more than 6 plants if you are claiming personal use.

So if your county says six is the limit and you have a script that allows you up to 99, there is no way a doctor could justify that quantity for personal use. in fact, there are no guidelines for doctors in terms of what they can recommend, so a number is arbitrary. So if your doc can't justify why you have over 6 plants or some other reasonable number, you are now growing commercially and are subject to felony charges.

but as I've said before, this varies by county in CA

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the whole number thing is arbitrary - you could grow 4 plants under a 1 k or 30 plants and still end up with the same amount of weed

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
1971, that's the thing, no county can place that kind of limit on patients. IF you have the state ID card (usually issued by the county health department) then you are voluntarily limiting yourself.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The recommendation gives a number of plants? I have to ask why your recommending doctor would do that. I know you've got the legal representation, but I am curious as to what Mr. Glew has to say about a reco placing any limitors when it's just not necessary.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for sharing that.

I've mentioned before that my own attorney told me not to get the ID card, which may have as much to do with how the county DA, et alia, operate as anything else. I had long ago decided I wasn't getting the card for my own reasons, he just verified what I believed to be true, especially about the being on a list thing and that it doesn't protect you from arrest and prosecution. He also said that I should be certain my recommending doctor says nothing about amounts or what I use other than to say that he recommends I use cannabis to treat what ails me.

This is why I always suggest people speak with a lawyer themselves, and that it be someone in the area who knows the local jurists, DA, police, et alia.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

this thread is lol..
i cant tell you how many conventions ive been to where theres a doc hustling suckers into buying "commercial grow licenses".. and these people are so stoked to be able to grow 99 plants with the idea that they are untouchable lol..

1971, that's the thing, no county can place that kind of limit on patients. IF you have the state ID card (usually issued by the county health department) then you are voluntarily limiting yourself.

it isn't the amount of weed you have, although the guidelines in my area I think are a max of 8 oz dried. law enforcement is more concerned with amount of plants, which is why you see people nowadays growing less plants bigger. it isn't efficient to spend so much time growing big except for the reason of reducing total number of plants.

here in california i know nothing about a state id card. all the cards people have are issued by the prescribing doctor, and really, it is simply a recommendation, not a true script.

maybe you aren't in california and therefore the rules might be different in your state. here in california, the state DA has said you are okay with 6 plants or 12 immature. that is the baseline. counties/cities can allow more, since they are the ones enforcing, but they legally can't go below the minimum guideline set by the state.

it seems a safe workaround is forming your own collective. my buddies girlfriend, who is a lawyer doing this kind of stuff, was kinda running down the various ways to go.

Top Bottom