Commercial Grow Setup

Discussion in 'Growroom Design & Setup' started by Starboy, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Starboy

Starboy

So I'm setting up a licensed commercial grow already got my plans but am open to ideas and wondering how someone else would set this up.

2500 sq ft room (2000 sq ft growing space)
    40 gravitas double ended
    5 or 6 5 tons a/c in each room
    12 plants
    50 gallon pots

Im using 2000 sq ft for growing space, which will allow me to have 4 gavitas over each plant, if I could stuff 500 plants in there I would but unfortunately the municipal ordinance requires to have it done this way, I'm allowed 72 plants which is the most allowed in Micyhigan if I am A caregiver with all my patients. If u have all 5 patients and and u are a patient as well u can have 72 total plants. The city I'm in requires each 12 plants for each patient to be in separate locked enclosed facility, so I'm building 6 2500 sq ft rooms each with 48 gavitas and each with 12 plants. My warehouse is 50,000 sq ft so I choose to have bigger rooms to be prepared for future laws to come in affect and then I'll be set for 1500 plants, with minimal changes to the structures themselves. Any ideas from anyone doing a commercial grow would be appreciated thank u

mancdank likes this.
  2. Surfr

Surfr Just cruisin.... Supporter

Ugh what? First off have you grown before? 4 Gavitas for one plant? Are you going to grow Oak trees? You will never fit one plant under 4 gavitas.

3. 12 plants per patient I think he/she was saying. 72 total I assume.

4. Starboy

Starboy

Yeah I have many grow spots been growing for a long time actually, with a long enough veg and serious topping and fimming ud be surprised at how big u can grow one plant, but only reason I'm setting it up like that is because of the way the local ordinance is. And I'm preparing for A 1500 plant count license. Right now my limit is 72 plants but each 12 plants have to be in a separate room so I am building 6 rooms 12 plants each 48 lights in each room. I'm not gonna use all 48 lights from the beginning, I'm gonna start off with whatever light I need for whatever size plant that I start with in the room then I'll turn on more lights as the weeks go on, but the whole point of why there's so many lights is to be prepared for 1500 with no down time so I'll be prepared the second o receive the license, and to grow some monsters in the mean time :) also the point of this conversation is how would some one else set this type of facility up with the rules I have to follow. 72 plants each 12 plants have to be in a separate room.

5. The Terps

The Terps

Still don't see how 1 plant under 4 lights. one plant covering a 10x10 I imagine you would lose money vegging that long. How long do you veg for? Let's see a pic of one of these monsters.

GreenStar and mancdank like this.
  6. Starboy

Starboy

Yes 12 plants per patient 72 total.
    BUT not all 72 are going to be under the 48 lights only 12 will. Each room 48 lights 6 rooms so 288 total lights for 72 total plants at some point of the grow will be on

smokedareefer likes this.
  7. Starboy

Starboy

I was surprised when I seen it too but I seen it which is why I'm doing it this way I don't have pictures but when it's done I will post some. I wanted to take a picture but the grower didn't want me to so I respected that. After seeing it I had to do it

8. Starboy

Starboy

I'm thinking of trying the pro mix/ coco 50/50 I grow in straight coco now. But am only switching so I don't have to water everyday even tho I built a little watering system to make it where I just have to mix nutrients and hit the button and they all feed, but I want to feed every other day instead by hand I feel like it's the best way

9. Starboy

Starboy

10. DemonTrich

DemonTrich Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm

About all I have at the moment. By your use of the "72 plant count" lingo, I take it your from Michigan?

11. Starboy

Starboy

Yes good ol mixhigan

12. DemonTrich

DemonTrich Moderator Staff Member

Your the 2nd new guy on here in a week, dreaming of doing 1500 plants.

13. Starboy

Starboy

Whys that?

14. The Terps

The Terps

How long would you veg for?

15. Starboy

Starboy

3-4 months veg, growing more of trees then plants if u know what I mean

16. The Terps

The Terps

3-4 months veg in the flower room? Or in a separate room. Cause if you are only going to do 2 1/4 runs a year you could do a lot more with quarter of the lights and more plants per light. Just seems in efficient what you describe but never tried it won't judge till I see the numbers

GreenStar, DemonTrich and guymandude like this.
  17. Starboy

Starboy

Veg / flower in same room. Only reason it's being set up like that so I can have more plants in there in the future once laws are set in stone without doing any remodeling or having any down time, I won't be using all those lights from beginning it would be a waste but at some point for a few weeks all the lights will be on. Did the numbers. I'm good at what I do and wouldn't be doing it if it was a waste of time. This is not a one man operation it is a professionally licensed facility with 10-15 employees with a significant amount of funding and I get to push all the buttons. I'd rather have more lights etc. then what I need rather then less.

18. lets see... @ the elusive 2 gpw thats 210 lbs/room

subbed

DemonTrich likes this.
  19. Starboy

Starboy

I agree with your numbers and would love to have that outcome but unfortunately my expected number is less then that due to only having 12 plants per room. And yes 3-4 months is a long time to veg but not long enough to give those kind of numbers. That would mean each plant would have to produce 17.5 and that's not gonna happen in 3-4 months