Commercial Grow Setup

• Thread starter Starboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

With the veg time that's a full crop I would reduce the area still set up the full job for the future plans so basically the money will be better but it will come in 2 half's what your proposing could be achieved in quater of that area and would still require a large veg room on 1 plant per gravita IMHO your plan is full of holes and your going to need a professional advisor it's going to be much cheaper than trial and error with a job this size

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Not buying anything the op is selling here. There are way too many strings to pull, licenses to pull, huge add amounts of monies to be paid to the state. Hope you have enough cash, and I'm talking hundreds of thousands to make your dreams come true.

Last edited:
The Terps

The Terps

So now four ppl have said you can do way more with way less. I don't see why you would run an operation so inefficiently. Dudes grow 10 lb outdoor plants in less time. I'm not trying to be an ass but if this is a big dollar operation and you pull all the strings I'd hire someone who owns a calendar and a calculator it will literally double your roi.

I just saw you have 15 employees? Your costs per gram will be huge. In my experience it takes 2 ppl full time and two part timers when harvest comes per 100 lights. Which for you is only twice a year. The more I type the more I cringe. The best advice I can give you is go back to the drawing board. Or hire a professional you can do better.

Last edited:
S

Starboy

I agree with your numbers and would love to have that outcome but unfortunately my expected number is less then that due to only having 12 plants per room. And yes 3-4 months is a long time to veg but not long enough to give those kind of numbers. That would mean each plant would have to produce 17.5 and that's not gonna happen in 3-4 months
Not buying anything the op is selling here. There are way too many strings to pull, licenses to pull, huge add amounts of monies to be paid to the state. Hope you have enough cash, and I'm talking hundreds of thousands to make your dreams come true.

Actually our budgets in the millions, we already have our accountant handling the taxes and we are gonna pay taxes before a tax system is set, all employees must go thru a full background check, we have lawyers working on every step we have architects working on the blueprints and so on, once plans are done and construction begins I'll document from start to finish. I don't have time to sit here and make up a fantasy. If that what ur saying.

S

Starboy

So now four ppl have said you can do way more with way less. I don't see why you would run an operation so inefficiently. Dudes grow 10 lb outdoor plants in less time. I'm not trying to be an ass but if this is a big dollar operation and you pull all the strings I'd hire someone who owns a calendar and a calculator it will literally double your roi.

I just saw you have 15 employees? Your costs per gram will be huge. In my experience it takes 2 ppl full time and two part timers when harvest comes per 100 lights. Which for you is only twice a year. The more I type the more I cringe. The best advice I can give you is go back to the drawing board. Or hire a professional you can do better.
Not 15 full time employees, through out the whole grow including a few grower, a team to maintain the plants a cleaning team and a trim crew there will be 15 employees.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You are sounding more and more and more like this newbie a week ago saying the same exact phrasing. I'm betting, and I normally am not a betting man, you made a new screen name to save face and to see if you would get better replies from us.

S

Starboy

You are sounding more and more and more like this newbie a week ago saying the same exact phrasing. I'm betting, and I normally am not a betting man, you made a new screen name to save face and to see if you would get better replies from us.
Ok buddy first of all I'm not a newbie, been doing this for a long time and have multiple spots now I'm not asking for help from anyone I already got my plans set and have no issues. I drop a lot more weight then u probably seen in ur whole life, all I'm on here for is to see how someone else would set this up just out of curiosity, if u don't like the convo have a nice day. I don't need suggestions from online farmers I work 7 days a week and 12-13 hours a day now going from one location to another. With 5 total spots, my spots now are all smaller operations but still on a commercial level, this is my first big operation I was approached by a invester with hopes of investing 5 million into this operation and I did all my numbers and our new facility is going to cost 3 million. I don't need ur help or opinion. Pictures will be posted as soon as I move forward with construction

S

Starboy

I don't believe it. The fact that you want to grow one plant per 4 gavitas blew your cover. Get some experience man.

Stand by .. not trying to be rude but this discussion went the opposite of what I wanted so I done talking, I'll post a few pics in the near future but when people start asking questions then and wonder how and what I'm doing there won't be no answers. ✌️️

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

maybe a few more details of what your planing,
tough bunch here,

i for one am interested, just glad its not my dime.

mancdank

mancdank

Brother your plan is flawed on so many levels u really really need the help of a pro but truly all the best to u if it's what u wanna do its what u wanna do but tbh your investor who's putting up 3 biggies 50k is pocket change to buy u some concrete boots if u lose all his $$$$$$$

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Ok buddy first of all I'm not a newbie, been doing this for a long time and have multiple spots now I'm not asking for help from anyone I already got my plans set and have no issues. I drop a lot more weight then u probably seen in ur whole life, all I'm on here for is to see how someone else would set this up just out of curiosity, if u don't like the convo have a nice day. I don't need suggestions from online farmers I work 7 days a week and 12-13 hours a day now going from one location to another. With 5 total spots, my spots now are all smaller operations but still on a commercial level, this is my first big operation I was approached by a invester with hopes of investing 5 million into this operation and I did all my numbers and our new facility is going to cost 3 million. I don't need ur help or opinion. Pictures will be posted as soon as I move forward with construction
Don't sweat their bullshit, it's almost impossible to have a decent conversation at this place anymore. Supposedly, 'everyone went over to IG, brah', but I think most successful operators are now spending much less time having online discussions than in the past (at least all the ones I know). Methods are mostly set and we have neither the interest nor time to argue with trolls about their hobby grows.

mancdank

mancdank

Don't sweat their bullshit, it's almost impossible to have a decent conversation at this place anymore. Supposedly, 'everyone went over to IG, brah', but I think most successful operators are now spending much less time having online discussions than in the past (at least all the ones I know). Methods are mostly set and we have neither the interest nor time to argue with trolls about their hobby grows.
Ok I understand and appreciate everything u have just said but do u think his idea is flawed or not and I'm guessing people's response is guided by how flawed the idea actually is but it doesn't take a genius to work that 1 out does it

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Gavita,4x4 light footprint,4 gavitas= 16x16 for each plant.that isn't a tree,that's a bush.that's all I needed to hear.good luck with your venture.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Ok I understand and appreciate everything u have just said but do u think his idea is flawed or not and I'm guessing people's response is guided by how flawed the idea actually is but it doesn't take a genius to work that 1 out does it
Honestly I only skimmed first, like I do with every thread I read. It needs to be a lot more interesting to garner my attention enough go back and absorb fully. Plus if I came on here and tried to outline a new project I'd probably mis-state half of it and get jumped on right away for rookie errors. I like to listen in and maybe ask a question or two, at least get the conversation rolling along before we all gang up and disabuse some delusional fucker.

It might sound shitty but my thought is that a guy with $3M to work with is either smart enough or dumb enough to do what he'll do. I don't know about 4 Gavitres on a plant, but sure sounds fun to look at don't it? Dig back a bit and you'll find threads with guys running more than 4k @ in a warehouse of huge plants. I prefer mine at 2 plants per, but what does that have to do with this guy's thread?

The Terps

The Terps

We asked question why set up a 48 lighter that will produce the same as an 8 light? That was everyone's question. I mean come on a 6month grow in one room. Ppl can be jealous of big dogs big money but this thread isn't that. It's reasonable ppl trying to talk someone off the ledge

mancdank

mancdank

Honestly I only skimmed first, like I do with every thread I read. It needs to be a lot more interesting to garner my attention enough go back and absorb fully. Plus if I came on here and tried to outline a new project I'd probably mis-state half of it and get jumped on right away for rookie errors. I like to listen in and maybe ask a question or two, at least get the conversation rolling along before we all gang up and disabuse some delusional fucker.

It might sound shitty but my thought is that a guy with $3M to work with is either smart enough or dumb enough to do what he'll do. I don't know about 4 Gavitres on a plant, but sure sounds fun to look at don't it? Dig back a bit and you'll find threads with guys running more than 4k @ in a warehouse of huge plants. I prefer mine at 2 plants per, but what does that have to do with this guy's thread?
At no point have I said he's delusional but now u come to mention it lol really though think about it 4 x 1000w gravitas over a single plant even at the basic 1gpw that's 4kg per plant is outrageous

Top Bottom