Compost Teas

• Thread starter GTF444
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GTF444

GTF444

This is my Compost tea reciepe. Can anyone tell me if this looks effective? I apply this tea once a week. The plants seem to enjoy it but I'm on the fence if it's better than store bought(advance nuts....ect). The cost is right but I want the tasty organics, and im always trying to do better
COMPOST TEA
per 30 gallons.
Total Brew 12 hours before use:
1. Compost

2. Earthworm castings

3. Oatmeal---1Cup:

4. Molasses 1 Cup

5. Fish Hydro lysate 1Cup:

6. Kelp or Seaweed 2 Cup

7. Humic Acid 1 Cup

8. Cal-mag 1 Cup:

9. Epsom Salt 1 cup

10. Guano Phosphate/Nitrogen 1 Cup: (Depending)

11. Adjust pH to 6- 6.5

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Are you growing in super soil? If so, I'd remove epson salt from tea, your soil should have plenty Mag in it. I'd reduce the humic by half a cup it not removing for the tea completely and foliar with it or water in without the tea. Humic has be soon to delay microbe development. Rule # 1 in organic IMO don't PH anything counter productive.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I do a 50 Gallon mix
2 cups molasses
1.5 cups fish
2 cups EWC
2 cups Kelp Meal
1.5 cups Krab Shake
50 MLS yucca
2 TBS Caps Roots and Foliar
Brew for 36 hours @ 68-70 degrees

GTF444

GTF444

what does the the 2 tbs of roots and foliar do? And can you explain the length of time it takes to brew? Am i not letting my teas set up enough? Thanks for responding!!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Are you actively airating your teas with air stones?

Have you tested the ec/ppm or the ph before adjusting, interested if it is low or high after the brew.
I still have yet to try this recipe that I shared some time ago, I have made some from what I have on hand. I mix some molasses, great white mycos, and some gh blend that has kelp and other organics in it and bubble that for a day or two before adding base nutes and using. When I get in a better spot I might try your recipe if you are getting good results.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/aact-like-you-have-some-common-sense.82725/

frebo

frebo

what does the the 2 tbs of roots and foliar do? And can you explain the length of time it takes to brew? Am i not letting my teas set up enough? Thanks for responding!!
Search "Caps Nutes". You have some reading to do but it will be worth it. I spray with the Foliar every three or four days. No mites.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

@DrMcSkunkins O yeah, I use 8 stones per 50 Gallon rez. Can never have enough bubbles. I haven't tested but I can and will get back to you on the. They love it seem to never get enough of it. I do a foliar spray between teas as well with Caps stuff.
@GTF444 You just need to research, and brew longer. Maybe try reading Teaming with Microbes, great read.

Top Bottom