Confused About Veg Time.

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Im growing the money bush strain. Just planted and they have sprouted. I will be mainlining once it reaches 6 nodes.

My question is, how long is your typical veg time? A month? Ive heard "your plant will double in size once it flowers" however what is the rule for short bushy plants?

Or do you take the height that is listed about a strain and switch to flower when it reaches half of the "full anticipated height"? For example, you have a strain that says it will be 100in tall. Do you flip to flower at 50in?

Thanks for the help..

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My gg4 if I flip at 4', she will get every bit of 5'6-6'.

My chaos I'll be lucky to get 8" of stretch.

Mainly due to strain and pheno (cross's) Some stretch a lot, some not so much.

I just veg until my desired 4' height, then flip. I can normally get about 9" from tops to bottom of glass by harvest. After swell amd what not.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

My gg4 if I flip at 4', she will get every bit of 5'6-6'.

My chaos I'll be lucky to get 8" of stretch.

Mainly due to strain and pheno (cross's) Some stretch a lot, some not so much.

I just veg until my desired 4' height, then flip. I can normally get about 9" from tops to bottom of glass by harvest. After swell amd what not.

Wouldnt your 4' be off or delayed if you were to mainline? And what about if you had a plant that didnt get 4' by harvest, how would you play it then..

I guess im just lookin for a "correct" way to determine veg time, with mainlining, that i can apply to any plant i decide to grow..

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've been growing my 1.25oz per gal pot style for almost 6 yrs now. I do not change what works now. 1.5gpw is my normal.average. I'd like to keep it at these numbers.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

I've been growing my 1.25oz per gal pot style for almost 6 yrs now. I do not change what works now. 1.5gpw is my normal.average. I'd like to keep it at these numbers.

I get what you are saying.....maybe im just not being clear enough or not understanding lol, idk. Your info doesnt answer my question at all.....from how i understand it anyway.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You asked if I mainline my plants if it would net me more yield. I'm not willing to take chances any longer. I found what works and what doesnt.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

You asked if I mainline my plants if it would net me more yield. I'm not willing to take chances any longer. I found what works and what doesnt.

No. nothing with my thread has anything to do with the actual act of mainlining or yield for that matter..

SunnyRadio

SunnyRadio

On average plants double in height when flipped into flower, so time could be considered irrelevant, if you need to keep plants under a certain height for ceilings and light height restrictions which is for example seven feet you could veg until the plants are six feet tall then cut them back to be three feet tall and flip to flower and on the average of plants double in height once flipped to flower not have them out grow your space. Think in size you need them to be not time to veg at any time you can chop them back to any size you need. Remember these are estimates some plants triple in size and some hardly stretch at all.
Training plants is on the same thought process you’ll tie them down horizontally but when you flip they stretch vertically so just make sure you have enough head room for growth of double the height.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

Trying to relate what you said to my questions since you were all over the place lmao. Seriously. Nothing you said had anything to do with my question. The other guy gets it lol. No worries.

Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

On average plants double in height when flipped into flower, so time could be considered irrelevant, if you need to keep plants under a certain height for ceilings and light height restrictions which is for example seven feet you could veg until the plants are six feet tall then cut them back to be three feet tall and flip to flower and on the average of plants double in height once flipped to flower not have them out grow your space. Think in size you need them to be not time to veg at any time you can chop them back to any size you need. Remember these are estimates some plants triple in size and some hardly stretch at all.
Training plants is on the same thought process you’ll tie them down horizontally but when you flip they stretch vertically so just make sure you have enough head room for growth of double the height.

Ok. so lets say i have mainlined them. I measure from where to where exactly? Soil to the top of the stalk?

Dunge

Dunge

Let me take a run at this guys.
You have gotten some good response, so read again and try to formulate an image of what they are trying to say.

My situation is this, and I just today decided how I will deal with it.
My veg plants are between two and three feet tall.
I want them to present an even canopy, so in the remaining two weeks in veg I will be LSTing the tallest down to the level of the shortest. They should all go into flower with tops at three feet height.
I expect them all to have tops at 4-5 feet (from floor).

Hope this helps.

Caseyb1089

Caseyb1089

I'm still searching for the answer. I'm getting ready to do a winter grow but I will be vegging inside. I'm thinking at the most 45 days. I'm looking for an average veg time like whats the minimum you could veg and what should you expect from your harvest? I'm also curious about the photo-period. Like if I veg for 30-45 days and put them outside for winter in the month of December with the daylight hours no more than 10 could I expect descent yields?

Top Bottom