Congrats Michigan!!!

• Thread starter Wrathoftejus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Fully regulated and over taxed not legal. And no mention of what happens to medical of course.

Think I can get a refund for my patients and I for our recently renewed medical marijuana license?

Is everyone in jail for weed getting let out?

And the best part of legal weed!

They already arrest more people for weed than before medical was allowed.

How many more arrests will happen now due to a harmless plant. They like to enter residents houses with machine gun toting stormtroopers.

We might defend ourselves with a dangerous watering can. ;-)

Had to get that all out. Legal weed means government controlled. Ours is even more criminal than average for politicians and big business.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Fully regulated and over taxed not legal. And no mention of what happens to medical of course.

Think I can get a refund for my patients and I for our recently renewed medical marijuana license?

Is everyone in jail for weed getting let out?

And the best part of legal weed!

They already arrest more people for weed than before medical was allowed.

How many more arrests will happen now due to a harmless plant. They like to enter residents houses with machine gun toting stormtroopers.

We might defend ourselves with a dangerous watering can. ;-)

Had to get that all out. Legal weed means government controlled. Ours is even more criminal than average for politicians and big business.

You can always grow your own. The new legislation allows for 12 plants per household. Medical marijuana will be taxed at a lower rate. It’s exempt from the 10% additional surcharge as far as I know.

Not saying you’re wrong by any means but maybe just a little shell shocked. You can still grow for patients and should imo. Your product will always be superior to what is available in local shops and there will always be demand for good quality product that is well grown and taken care of. No reason to worry imo.

Of course they won’t let out all the criminal offenders. They broke the law when it was law. But they might receive early parole or some other kind of concession in the future. States are actively expunging records for non violent marijuana offenses and I assume Michigan will follow that path.

It’s not all grim news. It is progress. But only incrementally. But 10 years ago I never thought I’d see last night. And for that I’m grateful.

Madbud

Madbud

If its anything like MA you have a two year wait while they “do it right”. MA has the first two rec dispensaries opening next week now the Governor is re-elected. But its progress, congrats.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You can always grow your own. The new legislation allows for 12 plants per household. Medical marijuana will be taxed at a lower rate. It’s exempt from the 10% additional surcharge as far as I know.

Not saying you’re wrong by any means but maybe just a little shell shocked. You can still grow for patients and should imo. Your product will always be superior to what is available in local shops and there will always be demand for good quality product that is well grown and taken care of. No reason to worry imo.

Of course they won’t let out all the criminal offenders. They broke the law when it was law. But they might receive early parole or some other kind of concession in the future. States are actively expunging records for non violent marijuana offenses and I assume Michigan will follow that path.

It’s not all grim news. It is progress. But only incrementally. But 10 years ago I never thought I’d see last night. And for that I’m grateful.

I miss illegal weed. ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If its anything like MA you have a two year wait while they “do it right”. MA has the first two rec dispensaries opening next week now the Governor is re-elected. But its progress, congrats.

In 2 years our personal plant count will mimic Colorado’s I bet. They will force our legal grows right back underground.

Our state is so screwy with these laws that we have been allowed 12 plants but only can have 2.5 oz per person. Then they give us concentrates are allowed but they take up part of the 2.5 oz. so a tray of muffins could mean you can’t also have flowers.

And we can’t legally sell the overage to a dispensary. And now they are going to control all that.

I would have liked to see reasonable reformed medical laws. But now that the people have jumped on the first proposal we will only have a retail circus like Colorado.

And I won’t hold my breath for the state to fix our roads with the profits.

But I will always grow for me, my family and friends. And I am not worried about business. My pot has been better than the dispensaries from the first grow. And a lot less expensive.

Wonder what the Tennessee mountains are like to live in? What’s weed going for in Chattanooga about now?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

They have one year from what I’ve read to establish a licensing system for recreational marijuana sales.

They have one month (or less) until it’s certified and on the books as law so we won’t have to wait too long.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They have one year from what I’ve read to establish a licensing system for recreational marijuana sales.

They have one month (or less) until it’s certified and on the books as law so we won’t have to wait too long.

It’s already established. The proposal says in slick language that the licensed commercial medical producers that are already online from last year get all the new licenses.

At least they won’t be pretending to produce medicine. Lol.

Madbud

Madbud

The MA referendum was very specific that if recreational licenses were not issued by1/1/18 then the medical dispensaries could sell to the public. HA!!! Legistature held a secret session pushing that date out six months, we still have no licensed recreational test labs or recreational dispensaries.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It’s already established. The proposal says in slick language that the licensed commercial medical producers that are already online from last year get all the new licenses.

At least they won’t be pretending to produce medicine. Lol.

It is medicine no matter how you look at it. Even if you thought the whole mmmp thing was bullshit. I mean who is anyone to tell anyone else what is or is not medicine. Even if it’s to reduce stress in your daily life it’s still medicine.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying they won’t fuck it up. They just haven’t yet. Give it time. I’m sure they will. Just give it time. Once they do I’ll be the first to scream BS from the mountain top. But until then there’s not much we can do but cross our fingers and hope they don’t make any more mistakes.

W

Wrathoftejus

Lot of downers. They allowed everyone to grow. That leaves zero room to bitch imo. I have my medical card im not looking for a refund. take a bone when its thrown to you.

Top Bottom