Considering Growing - Noob Needs Advice!

• Thread starter Timecode
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Timecode

Hello all,

I'm a complete novice, although i had a failed experience (when i was 15 with my cousin) trying to grow. Long story short, terrible setup, plants got knocked, didn't even flush the buds before the harvest, yeah you get the idea.

So I'm considering growing on behalf of a friend, he favors me to soak and learn the knowledge to one day pass on to him, ( he isn't a fast learner basically)

My main questions if I may ask, are kind of simple but I would like to hear the opinions of you all that want to share your input.

- current state of grow would possible be just in a small flat with room made available as there perhaps wont be anyone living in the flat.

• What do you suggest is a good strain for a complete beginner? (baring in mind indoor flat)
  • Is getting a "all in one setup" tent,lights,soil, fan etc best idea? ( additionally is there specifics = for the strain suggested + space)
  • in addition what is the ideal lighting power watts? does this vary based on strains and number of plants?
  • what reading do you recommend to get to grips with the basics of everything?
Just as a thought, I was looking at auto strains, from what I have looked into it may be the best shot i have to have an easy going, low maintenance grow.

In short if you could suggest a "setup" and a strain is pretty much the main point of this post, as well as advice on where to read up more.

Many thanks Timecode

MGG Nubie

MGG Nubie

Hello all,

I'm a complete novice, although i had a failed experience (when i was 15 with my cousin) trying to grow. Long story short, terrible setup, plants got knocked, didn't even flush the buds before the harvest, yeah you get the idea.

So I'm considering growing on behalf of a friend, he favors me to soak and learn the knowledge to one day pass on to him, ( he isn't a fast learner basically)

My main questions if I may ask, are kind of simple but I would like to hear the opinions of you all that want to share your input.

- current state of grow would possible be just in a small flat with room made available as there perhaps wont be anyone living in the flat.

• What do you suggest is a good strain for a complete beginner? (baring in mind indoor flat)
  • Is getting a "all in one setup" tent,lights,soil, fan etc best idea? ( additionally is there specifics = for the strain suggested + space)
  • in addition what is the ideal lighting power watts? does this vary based on strains and number of plants?
  • what reading do you recommend to get to grips with the basics of everything?
Just as a thought, I was looking at auto strains, from what I have looked into it may be the best shot i have to have an easy going, low maintenance grow.

In short if you could suggest a "setup" and a strain is pretty much the main point of this post, as well as advice on where to read up more.

Many thanks Timecode
It took me six months to set up my grow room, and it's still not done. It's a 2x4 closet. But each grow took me to the next level. If you have the cash, a complete tent set up is the way, and it sounds like you want to be as hands off as possible. How many plants you desire or can legally grow decides the size of the tent. Tents are awesome for heavy HST and easy to set up for netting. In a 4x4 tent one to two plants in 5g buckets and the time and dedication of a couple months in veg from seed to show her the ways of stress training you might be amazed of your end product. And next grow, you only get better. But LST to HST and netting and more training, yeah, time consuming. A 2x2 set up tent, one LED top panel, a jug of it grows everything, a genetic seed, auto flower of course, in 3 months and a month for cure, some pretty respectable smoke. Genetics are just that. Got cash. Look at the photos. Look at the description. White Widow is a great choice for a starter. Your not going to win any photo contests, but she can adapt pretty good. The more love, the more bud. Be safe, be legal, Peace.

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome @Timecode, there’s more than enough knowledge on this site for you to ponder, and to learn if interested enough to do so.
That being said you kind of get what you put into this endeavor and I might be reading your situation incorrectly but I’m not convinced you’re ready to put the time into learning what you’ll need to bring any size MJ grow to harvest.
I hope you prove me wrong and get busy reading the information contained within those various posts and responses in the “general indoor growing & basic growing information” forums, then post a grow log where you demonstrate “killing it”. Good luck with your grows.

Last edited:
Top Bottom