Consumer Study Shows Which Cannabis Brands

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Consumer Study Shows Which Cannabis Brands Are Winning The Design Race And Why

Last week, a graphic designer shared a link to a post titled “How Sophisticated Branding Aims to Make You Rethink Cannabis” with Benzinga. The article, published on Adobe Systems Incorporated ADBE’s creative community/blog "99U" explained how distinct branding was key for brand building as the cannabis industry continues to mature.

“The hand-painted signs, bad puns, and Rastafarian flags that once defined the industry are giving way to sophisticated design that abandons aging stoners in favor of more upscale clientele,” author Scott Kirkwood wrote.

Link: https://www.benzinga.com/markets/em...hows-which-cannabis-brands-are-winning-the-de

C

Cheeto

If branding makes you rethink cannabis - I'd guess exorbitant prices are the reward. You are what you think.

Call it Kush and it taste like "Kush" to more people than not. For fucks sake, half the people on asthma inhalers are using the placebo model. These are the target market. The soulless placebo people who comprise the majority purchasing pool. Scary shit.. The lala land world of your peers, and the corporate entities that take advantage of their thin, flexible reality. I swear if I here another person telling me Snoop Dog and Whiz Khalifa get their pot from a shitty dispensary in Az, just because they have their fuckin signatures plastered everywhere, Im going to kill a baby seal

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Call it Kush and it taste like "Kush" to more people than not. For fucks sake, half the people on asthma inhalers are using the placebo model. These are the target market. The soulless placebo people who comprise the majority purchasing pool. Scary shit.. The lala land world of your peers, and the corporate entities that take advantage of their thin, flexible reality. I swear if I here another person telling me Snoop Dog and Whiz Khalifa get their pot from a shitty dispensary in Az, just because they have their fuckin signatures plastered everywhere, Im going to kill a baby seal
I know I am not where you are, but still:
Leafsbysnoop

B

Burned Haze

Go to cannabis expo’s or most clubs and you’ll see Branding of strains they didn’t even own or even breed 99% of the time( just pollen chucked crap and don’t wanna back their research or actually do breeding or make selections ) , this industry needs regulation cause right now all I need to be is a a rapper or have nice titties and I can sell my bud and that just proves to the non cannabis community a bunch of chumps that would buy from that ( not me) BUT when a scientist and the guy who actually is doing true PRODUCT work if he doesn’t have some stupid rapper or some hot girl advertising the buds/product they can’t sell shit .

Look at the booths at the expo’s ;)

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Go to cannabis expo’s or most clubs and you’ll see Branding of strains they didn’t even own or even breed 99% of the time( just pollen chucked crap and don’t wanna back their research or actually do breeding or make selections ) , this industry needs regulation cause right now all I need to be is a a rapper or have nice titties and I can sell my bud and that just proves to the non cannabis community a bunch of chumps that would buy from that ( not me) BUT when a scientist and the guy who actually is doing true PRODUCT work if he doesn’t have some stupid rapper or some hot girl advertising the buds/product they can’t sell shit .

Look at the booths at the expo’s ;)
Where do you live that you believe there needs to be more regulation? Removing the state-specific threads makes things more confusey.

Leafs by Snoop, Willie Nelson's 'reserve', all of that is branding, nothing more. Why does it need to be regulated? Or are they just good at advertising?

B

Burned Haze

Where do you live that you believe there needs to be more regulation? Removing the state-specific threads makes things more confusey.

Leafs by Snoop, Willie Nelson's 'reserve', all of that is branding, nothing more. Why does it need to be regulated? Or are they just good at advertising?

What I’m saying is it needs to be at least to level of Booz/tobacco where a micro brew can prove they are just as good as the big boys by showing info and knowing their products ( just like wine, cigars , etc ) . Everyone has their own choice for wine , $5 dolllar gallon or 10k a glass of wine but the makers should have a range besides being stupid rappers or girls with tits selling it to me with zero info and nothing to back or placement in their branding. I want true info about the strains or what they sell before I buy! Fuck blind buying cause labels mean nothing ( hints why I don’t buy smart water so many stupid shit at the store that loooks cool lol)

Having a industry where people all they do is brand for themselves and make it so only a small number of people can get the lisence is silly ,they don’t even let you get one even if wanted to be compliant and have the cash with grow limits In most states .( they want to own the market , unlike Booz or beer where if you buy your regulated per year license if you can can afford it but still better than cannabis) . You watch once 10+ states have rec cannabis so many of these “breeders” and branding of stuff will be harder and will rely on much more than some stupid rapper or a chick on the booth showing her tits . If I’m wanting to know about the strain and buying seeds , maybe the breeder /clerks should know a little about their product instead of stuff that means nothing to it.

Ethier way it does not matter what happens for future of rec laws , we need a standard on cannabis breeding and tell the breeders it’s lame ( that’s why I will only buy from a few seeds breeders but the ones I do I trust like bodhi ,sin city , green point , hazeman , thunder fudge , ganja rebel)

Last edited by a moderator:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

What I’m saying is it needs to be at least to level of Booz/tobacco where a micro brew can prove they are just as good as the big boys by showing info and knowing their products ( just like wine, cigars , etc ) . Everyone has their own choice for wine , $5 dolllar gallon or 10k a glass of wine but the makers should have a range besides being stupid rappers or girls with tits selling it to me with zero info and nothing to back or placement in their branding. I want true info about the strains or what they sell before I buy! Fuck blind buying cause labels mean nothing ( hints why I don’t buy smart water so many stupid shit at the store that loooks cool lol)

Having a industry where people all they do is brand for themselves and make it so only a small number of people can get the lisence is silly ,they don’t even let you get one even if wanted to be compliant and have the cash with grow limits In most states .( they want to own the market , unlike Booz or beer where if you buy your regulated per year license if you can can afford it but still better than cannabis) . You watch once 10+ states have rec cannabis so many of these “breeders” and branding of stuff will be harder and will rely on much more than some stupid rapper or a chick on the booth showing her tits . If I’m wanting to know about the strain and buying seeds , maybe the breeder /clerks should know a little about their product instead of stuff that means nothing to it.

Ethier way it does not matter what happens for future of rec laws , we need a standard on cannabis breeding and tell the breeders it’s lame ( that’s why I will only buy from a few seeds breeders but the ones I do I trust like bodhi ,sin city , green point , hazeman , thunder fudge , ganja rebel)
oh.

R

Rocky388

If branding makes you rethink cannabis - I'd guess exorbitant prices are the reward. You are what you think.
My situation is totally different...I buy the seeds i like to consume for myself...I don't sell any to amyone...I share with my personal friends...No charge...No profit margin...Ask yourself this question HOW MANY FRIENDSHIPS HAVE YOU MADE because one person asked the other "DO YOU WANT TO HELP ME BURN ONE...or close to that...in my case MANY...from 1965 to present day, Rocky388

stiffneck

stiffneck

My situation is totally different...I buy the seeds i like to consume for myself...I don't sell any to amyone...I share with my personal friends...No charge...No profit margin...Ask yourself this question HOW MANY FRIENDSHIPS HAVE YOU MADE because one person asked the other "DO YOU WANT TO HELP ME BURN ONE...or close to that...in my case MANY...from 1965 to present day, Rocky388

Regulation , branding, MONEY, and fuck the aging stoner that actually needs the medicine.

But no really FUCK all those UPscale Clientele. Not everything needs to be made Slick for fucking sale.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And a shout out for us old hipsters that without us in the trenches the more uppity hip slick n cool youngsters Upscale Clientele wouldnt have what they are smoking today with all the pretty branding!!!

My generation also warned everyone about Big Brother but no one listened. Today you cant fart without someone knowing where you are and what your doing. Snowden anyone???

Heres a stiff branded middle finger to all the boyz n gurls at the N ess a and the see I A Humppffff

M

MamaBear

Big Brother is already here. And we created it ourselves. Idiots posting every little thing they do online. Tracking chips in our phones, computers & cars, cameras everywhere, I can see the front of your house on Google Maps! There is no privacy anymore.

Top Bottom