Contaminated Marijuana Still Reaching Consumers In Oregon

• Thread starter indicabush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicabush

indicabush

Contaminated marijuana still reaching consumers in Oregon
Upd 061817

Nine months after Oregon issued the toughest rules in the nation to keep pesticide-tainted marijuana off store shelves, the state acknowledges that some contaminated products continue to reach consumers.

The admission underscores the tricky work of effectively regulating a plant long tied to illegal pesticide use.

Oregon, like other states with legal marijuana, wrote its own rules to crack down on pesticides in cannabis production. But it has faced a backlash from parts of the state's nearly $320 million industry over the expense and inefficiency of the requirements and the inconsistency of the results.

Though the state has authority to do random tests on marijuana sold at shops, regulators so far haven't done that. The Oregonian/OregonLive decided to conduct a spot check to see if Oregon's pesticide rules have led to clean cannabis.

The newsroom bought a small sample of marijuana products from Portland retail outlets and had them tested. The check followed the newsroom's comprehensive 2015 reporting on widespread contamination, which helped spawn Oregon's effort to control pesticide use and set testing rules.

Link: http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2017/06/contaminated_marijuana_still_r.html

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

@indicabush And to you my friend! I am glad that you still occasionally have the time to find great articles to bring people's attention too. I just finished the article and an extra 15-20 minutes reading the comments section, until I tired of the stupidity. Kinda like watching Dems vs Reps debate issues in DC - a few sage commenters followed by scores of idiotic remarks on both sides.

indicabush

indicabush

@Derf Werfler Thanks...Yes, a brain is a terrible thing to waste (comments section). I come across some curious articles and research, but just do not post.

Warm one again today...wish I was back in the desert or under triple canopy.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Triple Canopy? I have not thought about them for awhile. I ran into a few while playing in the sandbox. I did a year with MPRI in Iraq, and 4 years with PAE in Afghanistan. Lots of good memories, and a few bad ones that I try to forget. Met some Great People!!

Yesterday at the coast my front porch thermometer said 92 degrees, today it seems to be struggling to hit 62! Crazy!!

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

HAHA wait till they start testing Cali, 80% of the club weed has some kind nasty of product on it, because of all the below par growers. Keep it organic, Keep it tested, this is what will set you apart.

indicabush

indicabush

Triple Canopy? I have not thought about them for awhile. I ran into a few while playing in the sandbox. I did a year with MPRI in Iraq, and 4 years with PAE in Afghanistan. Lots of good memories, and a few bad ones that I try to forget. Met some Great People!!

Yesterday at the coast my front porch thermometer said 92 degrees, today it seems to be struggling to hit 62! Crazy!!

Yes Brother good memories and bad memories; then the fog or blur that has no lines of distinction... conversing with the depths. Always a pleasure talking with you.

indicabush

indicabush

Ha! Good Morning and Best Wishes for a Dandy Day for you my friend!!!

Soil Science...Curious? I have some pdf's or can point you in their direction. The wonderful world of microbes and why I do not waste funds on nutrients.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Yes, very interested. This winter I tried a small experiment with "Kind Soil" super soil. Very expensive and I was very disappointed. I still had severe cal mag and several smaller nute issues that got me back into Nectar for the Gods routines. Waste of money. I have slowly been stocking up on Build a Soil products for when the big grow starts, I will do some experimenting. I even just bought a 3.5 cf cement mixer from Harbor to mix my own batches. Not that I am lazy, and really wish for Popeye arms from all the mixing, but the pain I get in my right shoulder from tendonitis makes me want to crawl under a rock and curse! :) I also keep getting a bit more interested in trying DWC, and may experiment a small space with that a bit later on this year. Hey, I guess I could have pm'd you, will do in a minute. Thanks!

Top Bottom