Controlling My Environment

• Thread starter Timtookalook
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Hey everyone! Soooo question for everyone, i have a small grow room... hydroponic, 3 plants in a 4 1/2 ft x 9 1/2 foot grow room, under 1000w variable balast light. i have a humidifier running 24/7 because its very dry here. Without the humidifier my room would be 13-18 percent.... 60% humidity is a stretch!. I know lots of you are jealous of my problem!.... i work 4 10hr shifts and i have messed around with my timers, exhaust fan, heater, and cant seem to keep my temps, humidity, in check... all the resources are there but seem to have the timing off.... this is my first grow but im OCD with my studies and what's best for my girls. Im not happy with my daily swings of temp.and humidity as we approaching summer...Anybody onow of an effective, reasonably cheap system that may include co2 that i can use thru all stages of my girls? Say even day to day? As itll get 25 degrees celcius dur ik nb g the day
.. and drop to 10 degrees sc celcius at night. This strain i have seems to recouperate quickly after adjustments thank god! Lol
Controlling my environment
Controlling my environment

Perception

Perception

Indoors, dropping to 10deg C at night (50deg F) is quite a big drop from 25deg C (77degF).

With soil temp dropping that far at night, your getting in to the zone of stunted growth I’d imagine. Also, increasing likelihood of powedery mildew with temp swings.

Could you run a small heater in the room during dark cycles?

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Been haveing huge temp swings indoors
No dehumidifier
My small grow has Allways been good
No pm
This is your first grow
Don’t overthink it
You may find that the plant cares less than you do

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Indoors, dropping to 10deg C at night (50deg F) is quite a big drop from 25deg C (77degF).

With soil temp dropping that far at night, your getting in to the zone of stunted growth I’d imagine. Also, increasing likelihood of powedery mildew with temp swings.

Could you run a small heater in the room during dark cycles?

Thanks for the reply! Well, no worries about soil as this is fulk hydroponic setup... i have a heater in there that comes on during lights off, 15 mins on every hour... and the exhaust fan on, once every 2hrs for 15mins. I was hoping someone knew of a plugin system i could just "set it, and forget it" type. I have the humidifier, heater, exhaust fan all in the room... a system that turns on/off pending on temp.and humidity would be awesome

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

Been haveing huge temp swings indoors
No dehumidifier
My small grow has Allways been good
No pm
This is your first grow
Don’t overthink it
You may find that the plant cares less than you do

Yeah, I overthink everything in life... lol. Thanks for the advice.

Timtookalook

Timtookalook

I would ditch the humidifier and go back to 16%

My leaves suffered in veg stage at such a low humidity. When i brought the humidifier into the equation.. the girls were much happier.

Top Bottom