Converting Hay Barn To Dry Room Tips

• Thread starter oldstage
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oldstage

Hey all,
We are forced to expand our dry room for our outdoor CBD hemp and cannabis harvest this year. We have a 4 stall hay barn which we are placing decomposed granite down then pallets with heavy mil plastic over the top then a plywood floor. Plywood walls and de-hums, fans, n heat fans. I have worked around many dry rooms but never a converted barn..

This is obviously not something to experiment with given its HARVEST however I'm reaching out to anybody with experience on such a matter.
Thanks and best of luck to all this coming fall

MW7945

MW7945

Are you doing this up in the hay loft... or on the ground floor?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

hey not sure what you mean by that, could you elaborate further..
thermal temps from mother earth,i would bet about 4ft down if you took a temp reading it would be much cooler,in the pit it would stay cool enough for the curing process with a constant air flow,not a hurricane but slow movement,and then build a make shirt shed over top of the hole,,gotta to remember back in the day,we hung everything like tabacco and air flow was key and when to get to cooler conditions so it didnt taste like hay,,so dry until you get your regluar snap in then put in buckets and in the cooler hole,shuffle around just as you would in jars or 5 gal buckets in your house,if you dig what im saying

O

oldstage

thermal temps from mother earth,i would bet about 4ft down if you took a temp reading it would be much cooler,in the pit it would stay cool enough for the curing process with a constant air flow,not a hurricane but slow movement,and then build a make shirt shed over top of the hole,,gotta to remember back in the day,we hung everything like tabacco and air flow was key and when to get to cooler conditions so it didnt taste like hay,,so dry until you get your regluar snap in then put in buckets and in the cooler hole,shuffle around just as you would in jars or 5 gal buckets in your house,if you dig what im saying
im picking up what you're putting down
many thanks

Top Bottom