Cops Stake Out Hydroponic Stores

• Thread starter serato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ookiimata

Anyone regularly visiting hydro stores that would prefer the police not be able to type in their plate number and know everything about them should consider spending $100 to set up an LLC, then register the car as the LLC's property. It's easy to go through the process and there are plenty of books out there showing how to do it. You really don't want your name to be associated with the LLC either, and there are numerous legal ways of achieving this. The entire process is legal and above board, and it's an advantage anytime you don't want your license plate to lead people straight to you. DMV employees aren't above running a plate number if their friend asks them to. And police record plate numbers regularly when they see a vehicle or person "out of place" of their surroundings. They keep records of them so when/if a crime occurs they can reference their records of "our of place" people to see if there are any similarities. I can't remember the technical term for the record book/log off the top of my head, but there is one.

With the LLC, they run the plate number and it comes back as property of a corporation located in Arizona or Delaware or wherever (far away) you choose to "base" the company.

It's a good alternative to borrowing a friend's car and having to come up with reasons you need to borrow the car to go to a hydroponics store (or lying to your friend about why you need the car). If you're like me, you don't want your friends knowing all your secrets. Loose lips and all that.

Privacy.

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I know old post sorry.
Does any know the story of worms way in the Midwest. It seems we might have different info. But high times gave up a bunch of info and records to the Feds in the late 80's and early 90's. anyone that ever made any transactions through them were hit. It was HUGE.

indonesia

indonesia

dang thats unfortunate. i live in a pretty conservative area for the most part. more cops than bandits id be worried about here. sounds like that lady found a good lawyer, or turned one of the two

medikush8

medikush8

I'd like to take the time to bump this thread with my own recent hoorah with johnny law. I was absolutely and positively followed home from my local hydro store (my mistake, I don't usually look because the neighborhood isn't terrible and well, being prop 215 compliant kinda makes ya feel like it's.. okay..). I should have called it however - dudes wanted to load 10 bags of CANNA coco and a nice big 50lb c02 tank into my tiny old sedan.. I should have known, I should have know better.. Leave hydro store, cruise down same BLVD to local collective (wrong move #2.. Get shit, get lunch, go bowling, do anything but.. go to a weed store..), grab a CBD edible and come home. Seemed like a good day to me so far... Probably a great time for the narco squad to get right in position around my home.

So my oblivious butt pulls up to my house, and BA-boom! Sheriff black and white with 6 count em six!! plain clothes narc detectives cars pull up behind me. Needless to say I shat half a brick as I was ripped out of my car Grand Theft Auto 5-style and immediately cuffed for reasons unbeknownst to me, and kept my cool while trying to handle a group of abrasive.. questioning individuals.. "what's the co2 tank for, open your trunk lets take a look...". At this point I am already cuffed, and there is a scene forming outside my (very residential) home, I ask the officers why they pulled me over, and what is happening? They insist I'm not arrested just detained, and it's a routine search, because I had stated up front they were going to find my medical marijuana and grow and gave them all my permits.

They deemed my plant numbers too high (funny how they count unrooted clones and UN-germed seeds as full plants, huh?), grilled me for a while on why I had more than one jar full of meds.. (As if one would put their pills for the morning, night and daytime in one big grab-bag, and just.. Hope you found a sleeper!!.. Yeah right.. Some superior logic on that end..).

No scales, no bags, no drugs and no weapons later, they walked out with basically a solid HALF of my dried flower for myself, my father and my mothers medication as I am their caregiver/caretaker and pleaded that we needed some of the medicine they deemed excessive simply to live and work. They agreed to leave me "something" but scorned me over and over on the numbers, and kept telling me how "easy I was getting off".

They left pissed and more so unsatisfied - they wanted the hard stuff, but instead wasted both our time and taxpayer dollars, booked me and released me with no court date.. Thank those proud souls who made proposition 215 and SB420 possibe, for my rec's and having them posted in every room that contained any MMJ. Boy they hate that:p. I just figured I'd take this opportunity to update the thread, long story short THIS IS STILL COMMON PRACTICE FOLKS, WATCH YOUR BACK AT ALL TIMES DEALING WITH ANYTHING CANNA or HYDRO-RELATED IN PUBLIC, AND WATCH THE FUCKERS WATCHING YOU BACK!! ASK THEM WHAT'S UP AND THEY'LL BUZZ RIGHT OFF.. IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO DO SO!!

...Legal in 2 states, first federally-legal country... Yet California is years behind... Good grief... C'mon November!!
Thanks for reading, peace out farmers.. and stay safe. I'm sticking with amazon, and shops that are farther than 10 or so miles away. Glad I learned, just not happy I learned the hard way. Peace!

indonesia

indonesia

dang brother that sucks. the cops are always pissed when they really cant do shit when youre following state laws. I was outside my old house having a smoke and 4 cops walked out of nowhere right up to me and my rottweiler. told me to chain up the dog and put out my smoke on my own goddamn property. me and a buddy were living at his moms house(which she owned) and she was also funding us becuse we were young and moneyless at the time. my partner at the time and actually stil to this day has image issues. Has to be the badass that grows weed even tho he was a moron and had 3 different people in our garden daily. cops ended up at our house 4 or 5 times "checking up" on us throughout a few months. So all these people that saw our garden each told at least 2 other people so on and so on. until that information was in a snitches ear or policeman. Didnt last long as you can imagine, i moved to the other side of town and went solo dolo. Denial being my best friend. But yeah man good call on watching your back. i never go to the hydro stores in town anymore

Myco

Myco

^^^ Holy shit brother. Thanks for sharing. Just goes to show that the same thing couldve happened to any of the thousands of us that practically do the same thing - simple as loading a co2 tank into your car. I assume that the obnoxious-to-the-average-eye 50lb co2 tank led the cops to believe you had a large operation...

I honestly thought that I was reading an old post until I saw there were no new posts after yours... it amazes yet doesn't surprise me that we all still have to worry about this. I think your story serves as a good lesson to all... but I'm glad you came out in one piece brother. But, if it were me, I would seriously consider moving.

medikush8

medikush8

^^^ Holy shit brother. Thanks for sharing. Just goes to show that the same thing couldve happened to any of the thousands of us that practically do the same thing - simple as loading a co2 tank into your car. I assume that the obnoxious-to-the-average-eye 50lb co2 tank led the cops to believe you had a large operation...

I honestly thought that I was reading an old post until I saw there were no new posts after yours... it amazes yet doesn't surprise me that we all still have to worry about this. I think your story serves as a good lesson to all... but I'm glad you came out in one piece brother. But, if it were me, I would seriously consider moving.

Thanks for the kind words Myco - I absolutely agree, not very smart on my end in the way things were done, and trust me you, I've been looking to get outta' dodge for a good while now, but, you know.. Set backs and whatnot.. heheh. However, it amazed me they would divert their time and attention to anyone even growing - as I had said though, they claimed to be looking for harder stuff... Turning over stones if you will. Just a numbers game till someone does have something on them... Then come the atta-boys and praises, but I am by no means surprised by their actions. It must have costed a fortune, diverting that much energy of the force for that many hours on a simple medical grow seems a bit excessive.. and moving backwards in context to our rights as patients in Cali. I'm all for the eradication of hard drugs, but that's another story for another day... Glad I could raise some eyebrows and let people know not to make the same mistakes I did, onward and outward...

Top Bottom