Could Cold Res Change Cause Root Rot?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

I don't use co2 and i was thinking about doing just that, running the res> uv> buckets.... if the problem comes back on the next change with a little extra uc roots I'll be getting one.... is the pondmaster brand danner uv good? Its what I'm using for pumps....

DapperDon

DapperDon

No I do not. My garden is inside Gorilla tents @ 9' tall and have found that the benefits of co2 are most efficient for sealed rooms and not tents. Also the benefits vs cost ratio place co2 as a non starter for my personal growing. I have the equipment and it has been sitting in the box it came in for the day I do decide to add it later.

DapperDon

DapperDon

I like the Danner product line. Very solid and performance for the dollar is spot on. The UV kit I use is the 40watt Pondmaster. No complaints, but also no nasties living in my water either.

med man

med man

Breeder
okay

well. if you ever use co2, keep the air pump outside

couple things

- cover the buckets and tubes
- use h202 or bleach and run a "dead" system
- light proof every other source of water or container
- maybe up grade to a bigger pump to circulate?
- put the airpump in a cool space or room
- no carbs or sugars no excuses :-)

med-man

Mr.Chocolate

Mr.Chocolate

Also i just added am extra 3ml gallon uc roots i assume this will clear it up in 5-7 days per usual...but wtf... i don't see how I'm having this issue with uc roots since it always seems to fix the problem

-Forget about bleach and other non sense people recommend, and get yourself some Oxine and citric acid for activation. 10x stronger than bleach yet it's safe enough for drinking water.
-Invest in a water chiller.

N

nabrbob

-Forget about bleach and other non sense people recommend, and get yourself some Oxine and citric acid for activation. 10x stronger than bleach yet it's safe enough for drinking water.
-Invest in a water chiller.
I love it when people recommend the product I sell....just saying.

JMcG

JMcG

Is it just me or from your earlier pics is the water level too high in your containers?

C

CreamCorn

I have made the same mistake/ had the same problem with adding cold water

MurderVille

MurderVille

Too much aggitation at the root zone, try reducing the forced air coming in through the air pump....and give those girls some food! This should get you back on track.

H

hutchy123

are you still using the airstones in the buckets ? if so get rid or the airstones put a waterfall in ur res bucket

palm eezy

palm eezy

i know it's going against the consensus here but, here's my experience.

i store my RO water in 275s and the temps can vary some. 60-80. can't say this has ever caused an issue. i recently had a period of 60f type weather (followed by 10-20f), so i started my seasonal changeover a little early. long story short, the water got down to about 40f and i was doing a changeout without realizing that, dumped the system, & had to use it. no obvious signs of shock. plants steady drinking over 2" per day out of 13 gals.

if suddenly your new batch of nutes is causing problems, and it's the same mix/ratio you've always been successful with, seriously consider the water itself as the problem. things can change quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom