Coxie's 1st MPB run

• Thread starter Coxie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HannaMan

Hell ya Coxie -- good to see your awake like me.

Have you determined your GPW yet?

Thanks for sharing!

H

HannaMan

Well they should, consider lb per plant is irrelevant without all the details (16k x 12 plants, like he mentioned) !! but still... I think ''#pp'' (# per plant LOL) can be a bit broad..

I prefer GPW, regardless :smiley_joint:

M

med farmer

I think you mean lb per plant, they don't go by gpw round here;)

right about that GBOOST!! I live in a medical mj State, and I won't comment on yield amount, but it's very acceptable. Never saw anything close to this in other systems, more than twice. I am very happy.

C

Coxie

Well they should, consider lb per plant is irrelevant without all the details (16k x 12 plants, like he mentioned) !! but still... I think ''#pp'' (# per plant LOL) can be a bit broad..

I prefer GPW, regardless :smiley_joint:

We measure #'s per plant. More than 1, less than 2 dry. The second run should be better. Less overgrowth, more knowledge, etc.

A

amstercal

Sounds like you pulled it off! Pics?
By "we" for the measuring you mostly mean MPBers, right? Since there's kinds of an assumption that if you're MPBing you've got somewhere between 2-4K per plant with hopefully an average of 3--not that everyone's doing that, but that's kind of the plan.

H

HannaMan

We measure #'s per plant. More than 1, less than 2 dry. The second run should be better. Less overgrowth, more knowledge, etc.

I understand. I'm just saying, this isn't the best way to get the efficiency of the grow.

More then 1 less the 2 obviously leads to a huge gap...

I'm just wondering if people are achieving results greater then horizontal.

16kw x 12 plants @ 2 = 24. Thats 1.5 per light, thats about .75 gpw.

Excellent job my friend!! :banana1sv6:

I am just trying to see the awesome advantage to this growing style, and i'm assuming its big yields low plant count? Sorry, im new! ;(

Keep up the great work my friend I cant wait to see round 2.

M

mrdizzle

the efficiency as well as the awesome advantage of this system is he only has 12 plants

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I'm sure no one will doubt the huge yields that verticle lighting and MPB's bring... Has anyone run the numbers on the costs to achieve these yields? How much more efficient is the larger economy of scale when taking into consideration the electric costs, nutrients, and water bill? Is there a break even point or point of diminishing returns? :wondering

P.S. Congrats on the harvest and kudos on the well designed room Coxie... Looking forward to more bud shots... :cool

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
^^^ Yeah I realize that there's only ten trees yielding 1 to 2 lbs each... I'm just curious what it cost to get there in terms of operating costs... if the market continues to lower the going rate for lbs lower than $4k/lb, these are valid questions as this is a business...

In other words, is this size of room and system with this plant count more efficient on a cost/benefit ratio than say Jack's setup or Badfish's Wherehouse? Clearly it's looking like it's hands down more efficient than horizontal light with large plant quantities... :thinking

600gph

600gph

Congratulations coxie ... Well done....It seems like you are about par for the course first run...

Do you think you should remove foliage next time???
Were the light bulbs buried in the plants????I know I went the conservative way the first time and didnt get the bulbs in far enough...

Shady--

I personality grow in a wharehouse and care more about the plant count than how many lumens I burn...

Seems most of us are getting between 1 - 2 ponds per plant with lighting on all sides...

Once that number gets to 2 I will be happy..

mc

M

mrdizzle

you dont make a lot of money in jail

it basically would cost the same as a normal garden with a sealed room, but you have to add an extra 5-10amps for chillers and pumps, but at the end of the month its like $100bucks, couple hundred it nutes

electricty its more, heartrate is lower, but then you dont have to buy $400 dollars worth of soil either

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
:D Well said mrdizzle! Peace of mind and safety is priceless... :cool

H

HannaMan

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I'll hit Shady and MrDizzle tomorrow - please remind me..

M

mrdizzle

I didnt see the part about jacks and badfish

I think they are pretty close, it boils down to small items like a few pumps which over a months time works out to about $30 bucks in electric. if your talking trees then in reality, vs coco or soil, although its more to run, the reduced veg time saves you a lot. everyday I veg works out to about $150bucks in bills, so 2weeks is a lot of dough

G

GBOOST

I am just trying to see the awesome advantage to this growing style, and i'm assuming its big yields low plant count? Sorry, im new! ;(

Keep up the great work my friend I cant wait to see round 2.

Got it in one Hanna;) The reason people go on yield per plant with the mpb's, is most that are using them have a limited plant count allowance, and need to grow the biggest yield for that amount of plants. Other methods may yield more grams per watt of light, but could also land you in jail, this is just peoples dedication to pushing the boundaries of what they pull out of a small number of plants:D

Congrats on the grow coxie, look forward to watchin the next one.

H

HannaMan

Surely makes sense to me. Sounds very convenient. I'm going to look more into this method.

Thanks again for sharing coxie!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Way to go Coxie, followed DD's instructions and damn impressive first run, great things to come! When's 'Coxie's 2nd MPB grow' thread gonna start?

Top Bottom