Crazy Strain?

• Thread starter Tasty Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I ran a cross of mine this past winter. The hairs turned orange by day 45 or so. I stopped feeding, but the trichs where clear. For 25 days I flushed before they finally turned cloudy. Temps never got above 70, and water temps were 63. ***A tip, and my opinion.... do not take down fan leaves. Not only are they solar panels for flowers, but in a case like that, the 2 plants had enough energy in the leaves to get it to the finish. 70 days.

Now same strain, temps up to 77, and night 67. I'm at day 45, and just beginning to get orange hairs. They're dance as hell, so I had someone check the trichs for me. They're already mostly cloudy. If I started my flush at day 38, I could harvest today!
I'm running these 1-3 plant scrogs in coco (I'm fairly new to coco), but like it for the moms.
Same cut, same everything but air temps. The colder run had giants colas *1 weighed in 26 grams, and had a decent # of colas.
This run, the colas aren't as big, but hard as hell, and far more. 7-14 grams dry I'm guessing.
Also, I only feed to runoff in coco every 2-3 weeks. I'm at 1.1-1.3 ec, and feeding every other day (salts).
My guess is the plant is using the notes up till its next feed?? Running a low ec, along with Drip Clean has gotten me some crazy yields, with excellent quality.
Well, I'll flush until I see 10% amber.
1st pic was cold run (2 plants in 7 gal), the send scrog is 3 plants. 2 in 7, and 1 in 2 gal.
I'll post the end of the 70 day run, and the current warmer run.
10 degrees made a 25 day difference?
Also I ran both at 11 on 13 off

Crazy strain
Crazy strain 2
Crazy strain 3
Crazy strain 4
Crazy strain 5
Crazy strain 6
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Yeah, this was far more dramatic than I expected. Both seem to have same frost coverage, this round may be a bit louder, but we'll see. I can't complain on either luckily. I popped some f1's, also my own cross, and geezer, I don't know if I've ever seen seedling take off this fast, and big. Very uniform for f1's. I'm going to cross the best male to 3 of my 5 crosses.
The first set of fans are giant. Larger than my hand, and I'm 6'4. I'll flower em all out, but take a clone off each, as these could be special
They've just been taken out of cups, and into 2 gals

20180704 221243
20180704 221307
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

It's my own cross I've had for years.
Yes, I saw that. Why I can't give advice on it. With temps, I've always tried to provide fairly consistent highs of no more than 86-87 or no lower than 70. Humidity for me usually varies from 30 to 60%. I've grown lots of strains but never had phenos that were as different as yours. But I agree with 1diesel1, all those things effect the plants, all thru the cycle.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Yes, I saw that. Why I can't give advice on it. With temps, I've always tried to provide fairly consistent highs of no more than 86-87 or no lower than 70. Humidity for me usually varies from 30 to 60%. I've grown lots of strains but never had phenos that were as different as yours. But I agree with 1diesel1, all those things effect the plants, all thru the cycle.
Oh, I'll take all the advice i get. I thought you meant Google the strain. My bad.
One thing with Colorado, the humidity is super low. I've never added a humidifier, and they were great. The low humidity definatly helps with trich coverage.
I like to stress em to a degree in flower. In say the NE during the summer it gets a bit harder to control humidity, but for whatever reason RH drops during flower, but comes up as soon as lights go off

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Well, one of the seedling, well small plants has shown sex.. It's a boy. This is definitely the earliest I've had a plant show sex.
Since all the F1's are uniform in size, leaf structure, and rate of growth, I will keep 1, possibly 2 females to use for mother plants.
I'll continue inbreeding this strain, and although I have yet to see it flower, I feel from past experience with these F1's I'll have a keeper.
2 days after moving out of cups, they're loving it. The only trait I'm not thrilled about is the ec that they need. Feeding @ 1.5, and could still go up.
I'll try again to force nanners, but if I still can't s1's, I'll pollinate a few lower buds I missed while cutting the sucker branches.
I'll keep updating until they flower, then have a couple grow journals to post.
Hope I'm making sense. Long night

My double bouble still has about 2 weeks, and still swelling late.

20180708 022831
20180708 022856
20180708 100309
H

hawkman

11/13 is the best light cycle because it takes 13 to 14.5 of darkness for a plant to start to flower also if you use this schedule in flower you will shorten your grow by 1 week , many commerical grower's use this light schedule (can give you references if you want) many folks don't know this (Light Deperiation method)(this is scienctiflcy based fact)

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

11/13 is the best light cycle because it takes 13 to 14.5 of darkness for a plant to start to flower also if you use this schedule in flower you will shorten your grow by 1 week , many commerical grower's use this light schedule (can give you references if you want) many folks don't know this (Light Deperiation method)(this is scienctiflcy based fact)
When I was in the commercial game, I always kept to a strict 12/12. It's just these past 9 months, or so I've switched to 11-13
I can't argue with you on 11-13. I've had great yields, and excellent potancy. In a comercial setting, I'd always use a calendar. I'd also have someone check trichs for me, as I'm severely color blind, and have trouble seeing different contrasts. Anyway, I still write down the date of flip, and just watch for signs of plant maturity (hairs, density, etc..)
This run, is definitely moving quicker than the winter run (70+ days same strain). This summer grow is going to cut 2 weeks. As someone said, and I agree, environment is critical.
I'll definitely will stick with the 11-13. Ime, the myth 11-13 will reduce yields is not what I've found. As I said I'm yielding better at 11 on.
GOOD STUFF man!

H

hawkman

When I was in the commercial game, I always kept to a strict 12/12. It's just these past 9 months, or so I've switched to 11-13
I can't argue with you on 11-13. I've had great yields, and excellent potancy. In a comercial setting, I'd always use a calendar. I'd also have someone check trichs for me, as I'm severely color blind, and have trouble seeing different contrasts. Anyway, I still write down the date of flip, and just watch for signs of plant maturity (hairs, density, etc..)
This run, is definitely moving quicker than the winter run (70+ days same strain). This summer grow is going to cut 2 weeks. As someone said, and I agree, environment is critical.
I'll definitely will stick with the 11-13. Ime, the myth 11-13 will reduce yields is not what I've found. As I said I'm yielding better at 11 on.
GOOD STUFF man!
Yea ! I agree - many don't know about this schedule and you are correct about "environmental" affects

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

This strain is in the lineage of these f1's. Massive yields, good flower time, great Terps, easy to grow, rock hard colas, and very potant.
Looked a bit more indica dom, but each set is becoming more and more like the Prehistoric. Hopefully it carries many of the traits listed

20130531 182341 resized 1
20130606 212442 resized 1
H

hawkman

what a tree trunk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that fan leaf- how big is/was it ? 12 inches ?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

The seedling early veg is 10 or so. My hand from palm to mid finger is 10 (I didn't just measure lol). I'm right around 6'5. I'd guess from point to point it went between 24-30 inches. Some gene way back must have survived the ice age
I was very lucky. Oh I have a crazy indica too.
I'll post that up. The better the genetics, the better the strain in most cases.

20131115 023108 resized 1
Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom