Creating Durban Autos.

• Thread starter Piratos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Piratos

Hello all. I have some reg durban poison from S.A. and some think different super autos. I was gping to cdoss them then aee if any decent babies emerge. I was then going to keep going untill i have some mostly durban poison autos. Then repeat again untill I have a nice strong line. Not just in looks and taste but effect too. I have only ever worked with photos and im not sure if I can isolate the autoflower trait in a mostly durban plant. Any advice please? P.S the durban seeds are mostly landrace but have bwen tamed over years for best traits ib a freinds
garden.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

start by crossing them and the first generation will be about 50/50 photo period and autos.

cross autos with PP Durban and go from there.

Hello all. I have some reg durban poison from S.A. and some think different super autos. I was gping to cdoss them then aee if any decent babies emerge. I was then going to keep going untill i have some mostly durban poison autos. Then repeat again untill I have a nice strong line. Not just in looks and taste but effect too. I have only ever worked with photos and im not sure if I can isolate the autoflower trait in a mostly durban plant. Any advice please? P.S the durban seeds are mostly landrace but have bwen tamed over years for best traits ib a freinds
garden.

P

Piratos

Thanks buddy. Thats what I thought. I think the auto gene is dominant so should shine through I hope. Im looking to create an auto with high thcv and durbans taste wirh good yield.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

you have a lot of growing to do.

a cross 50% genetics come from each parent so 50% or so of the seeds will be photo period so grow a lot of seeds. find several that have the aroma and auto you want.

back cross to Durban poison . those seeds will be 75% Durban and 25% the auto.

again grow a lot of seeds for auto and aroma you want.

back cross to a Durban male and you have an auto that is 87.5 Durban poison and 12.5% auto.

Thanks buddy. Thats what I thought. I think the auto gene is dominant so should shine through I hope. Im looking to create an auto with high thcv and durbans taste wirh good yield.

P

Piratos

Yep couple of years work but I love it! Gonna grow some pure indica too for making oil for medical reasons. Gonna polinate lower branches only and work from there.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Indicas are a God Send for me with Crohns disease

Thats the way to do it. those lower buds won't make much medicine any way.

Yep couple of years work but I love it! Gonna grow some pure indica too for making oil for medical reasons. Gonna polinate lower branches only and work from there.

P

Piratos

I have cancer. They say im terminal but I have been treating myself with kush oil and so far im winning! O love a sativa project though while making medicine.

P

Piratos

I want the auto genetics combined with the cold weather genetics of durban and my think different. Should allow me a winter strain eventually!

Dunge

Dunge

I suspect the algebra of breeding is only 'a thing' because marketers want to put a percentage indica/sativa in their add.
In breeding, I suspect that traits exhibited in the selected progeny, quickly make such percentages meaningless.

What I have experienced first hand is the power of diversity in an f2 line.
This is where the big features can be identified.
Subsequent line breeding should narrow the range of expression.

This is the simple cartoon I play for planning purposes.

I am at the f3 level with seven seed lines, that is seven sets of seeds from f2 plants that showed desirable traits (ie meet selection criteria).
Selected for indoor sprouting early April.
Move into greenhouse (64 deg N) mid May.
Grow to sizable shrub before flowering.
Flower finished late August.
Must be brown mold resistant.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/2017-interior-alaska-outdoor-automango-f2-grow.88379/

So yes, I think you have a great project going, and I am excited for you.
And I am particularly interested in your results from out crossing an auto, vis a vis maintaining autoflower traits.

Will be looking forward to any updates.

PS How well do you know your "think different super autos"?

P

Piratos

I suspect the algebra of breeding is only 'a thing' because marketers want to put a percentage indica/sativa in their add.
In breeding, I suspect that traits exhibited in the selected progeny, quickly make such percentages meaningless.

What I have experienced first hand is the power of diversity in an f2 line.
This is where the big features can be identified.
Subsequent line breeding should narrow the range of expression.

This is the simple cartoon I play for planning purposes.

I am at the f3 level with seven seed lines, that is seven sets of seeds from f2 plants that showed desirable traits (ie meet selection criteria).
Selected for indoor sprouting early April.
Move into greenhouse (64 deg N) mid May.
Grow to sizable shrub before flowering.
Flower finished late August.
Must be brown mold resistant.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/2017-interior-alaska-outdoor-automango-f2-grow.88379/

So yes, I think you have a great project going, and I am excited for you.
And I am particularly interested in your results from out crossing an auto, vis a vis maintaining autoflower traits.

Will be looking forward to any updates.

PS How well do you know your "think different super autos"?
Still getting to know them but they take 100 daya roufhly

They are 100 days normally frpm seed and tough. Mostly sativa. Low oudour high quality bud. Grow great in soil or coco. Low nute required and can be lst. Great plants so far. 2 phenos both sativa dominant.

P

Piratos

I am also looking for the best strain for cancer/chemo and pain. Does anyone lmow what was used tp make phoenix tears?

P

Piratos

Still getting to know them but they take 100 daya roufhly

They are 100 days normally frpm seed and tough. Mostly sativa. Low oudour high quality bud. Grow great in soil or coco. Low nute required and can be lst. Great plants so far. 2 phenos both sativa dominant.
They are also mold and pest resistant. Although im indoors sp this problem is minimized. Going into greenhouse in spring if I can stealth them.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Watched both Run From the cure documentary and read Rick Simpsons book "Phoenix Tears: Natures answer for Cancer"

he recommended an Indica strain with THC as high as he could get.

in his book he recommends three solvents.

Light Namptha
Ethanol
99% Isopropol

I have used 99% ISO and Everclear.

I am also looking for the best strain for cancer/chemo and pain. Does anyone lmow what was used tp make phoenix tears?

Top Bottom