Creating More Resinous Flowers

• Thread starter RHINObeast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Whats up guys, About to flip the switch on Sunday which will be day 60 of Veg, My local shop stated that Flora Nectar would be a good product to increase Resin production, however I've read some threads from THC Farmer users stating it doesn't do a damn thing. I'm planning on using Liquid Koolbloom finished by the Dry version at the end in my DWC. I'm just looking for some extra closure, I'm running 3/4 strength nutes right now in veg, seems to be working real nice. This current week I started the transition period where I ran equal parts (using Flora series). Now aside from my:

CaliMagic
Flora Series (Grow, Micro, Bloom)
Koolbloom

Keep in mind, I'm using 4 gallons per this 5 gallon bucket. Following the system almost to a T, aside from Koolbloom as I have not flipped the switch yet. Saturdays are Rez cleanout.

I'm looking for something that's really going to make or break these plants. I have a couple other posts on here about how I switched from soil to hydro midway through, plants looked deathly, bounced back and are tearing up a storm. I just want to make sure that not only is the growth something to dignify, but what I put in my mixture.

Any ideas will help,
Thanks guys.

Blaze

Blaze

There is no magic bullet to increase resin or potency. Any product that claims otherwise is total bullshit. Potency and resin are determined by three things in this order:

Genetics
Plant health
Drying, curing and processing technique

Keep in mind that visible crystal also has zero relation to potency as well. Trust your mental palette, not your eyes.

Blaze

Blaze

Forgot to mention light spectrum also plays a small part as well. UV light is one of the only scientifically proven environmental factors to boost potency.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

So pretty much these advertisers are doing what they do best by producing a product and implementing a value that only makes sense to them.....cash flow, and i no significance, wasting our time, money, energy and minds. Makes clear sense, thanks man

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Not to get too deep into feeding schedule but how do you go about adding it in? How much per gallon? I could follow the instructions but I would probably do something different anyways so I don't kill the PPMs in the water

Organikz

Organikz

Looking good. I have read that blowing wind on buds and holding low humidity helps with trichome production. Trichomes have 3 functions supposedly. As @Blaze stated UV protection. Pest resistance as bugs don't like the sticky environment. Last but not least protection from wind and low humidity.

The main job of trichomes is to protect those little seed pockets.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Looking good. I have read that blowing wind on buds and holding low humidity helps with trichome production. Trichomes have 3 functions supposedly. As @Blaze stated UV protection. Pest resistance as bugs don't like the sticky environment. Last but not least protection from wind and low humidity.

The main job of trichomes is to protect those little seed pockets.
And the good thing is I maintain an environment where humidity never drops lower than 45 percent, and never goes over 60. Temps are steady from 72 to 75 during light on hours, they probably drop down to 60 to 70 during the night, that part you just stated should make a big impact

H

Highatollah

There is no magic bullet to increase resin or potency.
I thought that imitating drought conditions later in flowering increased resin production as the plant makes a last ditch effort to get as sticky as possible in order to pick up some pollen in the wind.

Organikz

Organikz

Quality genetics 1st and foremost

I use cmh bulbs. Absolutely LOVE these lights. It's the 600hps and mh KILLER!

Terpinator
This stuff works on all 16 strains I run.
I am going to throw my cmh in for the second half of flower. I have heard that they aren't as effective with glass as it blocks the uv light. Do you use glass and have you heard this as well?

Organikz

Organikz

Thanks @DemonTrich. I had gotten discouraged because everyone claimed that basically no UV B will make it through the glass and because I have the GE it has to be in an enclosed fixture. It doesn't have the spool that holds the arc tube in place in case it explodes. I am a plumber and I will be installing sprinkler heads in my grow area.

Last question sorry...does this affect calyx to leaf ratio as much as everyone claims? People swear the cmh grows more leaf than Hps.

Top Bottom