Creating More Resinous Flowers

• Thread starter RHINObeast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Glass does block some light. Iirc 5% from my readings.

But 5% is nothing in my book. I KILL it with cmh. I'll never go back to hps or mh. EVER

The glass blocks most of your uv from those 315's. I am eagerly waiting for your new open reflector project to see if the results show this.

I am betting on a noticeable increase in trichomes and potency.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks @DemonTrich. I had gotten discouraged because everyone claimed that basically no UV B will make it through the glass and because I have the GE it has to be in an enclosed fixture. It doesn't have the spool that holds the arc tube in place in case it explodes. I am a plumber and I will be installing sprinkler heads in my grow area.

Last question sorry...does this affect calyx to leaf ratio as much as everyone claims? People swear the cmh grows more leaf than Hps.

I hope you don't mind if I chime in here. :-)

The cmh I have been testing since last November and comparing with Hortilux 600 Super hps and Hortilux 600 and 400 "blue" mh is a pretty amazing little bulb.

It will flower a plant beautifully in a 2.5' to 3x3 area in my garden. My 600 footprint is a bit larger and deeper though. (For twice the wattage)

It does grow leafier more compact flowers. And it seems to repair and restore health to deficient or over salted leaves better than the hps. Both metal halides also had his quality so it must be the lower intensity and fuller spectrum is better for foliage.

But the enhanced HPS makes bigger denser flowers and a better bud to leaf ratio. So I will continue to use 315 and Super Hps bulbs together.

The uv the 315 adds has made a noticeable difference in potency and complexity and even duration of the high.

Also more color and much frostier. The concentrate producers must love them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I got to throw up a cmh finished bud.

This is a Blue Lemon Thai. Very much sativa leaning and not bred for frosty appearance. The breeder uses standard hps from seed to harvest. Old school he is.

I don't have a non cmh pic in my phone but I will tell you all this bud is much frostier and more colorful than the previous hps only all green ones and while frosty. Not like this!

IMG 5850

JMcG

JMcG

If you are running GH then maybe some Florolicious Plus, it seemed to boost flavor at least.
I too am really liking the 315s. I am getting purplish hues where I never did before using 600s. The trich production does seem better too
And what a nice light to work under. A nice white light instead of the yellow that makes identifying pests and plant health much easier.
I also can vouch for the lower humidity levels helping with trichs. I live in a cool, dry area and my VPD is always jacked up. Without running a fogger 24/7 I can only get my rh to swing between 40 and 60 percent, but I keep the temps in the mid 70s and never worry about mold.
I do deal with some heat / vpd issues but the buds are usually pretty friggin frosty!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
There is no magic bullet to increase resin or potency. Any product that claims otherwise is total bullshit. Potency and resin are determined by three things in this order:

Genetics
Plant health
Drying, curing and processing technique

Keep in mind that visible crystal also has zero relation to potency as well. Trust your mental palette, not your eyes.
Uvb.... not changing anything else in the garden. .. grow one plant with and one plant without ultraviolet B.... youll see the magic bullet at work.
This is why cmh is so popular. .. its gets nice and low in nanometers

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
If you are running GH then maybe some Florolicious Plus, it seemed to boost flavor at least.
I too am really liking the 315s. I am getting purplish hues where I never did before using 600s. The trich production does seem better too
And what a nice light to work under. A nice white light instead of the yellow that makes identifying pests and plant health much easier.
I also can vouch for the lower humidity levels helping with trichs. I live in a cool, dry area and my VPD is always jacked up. Without running a fogger 24/7 I can only get my rh to swing between 40 and 60 percent, but I keep the temps in the mid 70s and never worry about mold.
I do deal with some heat / vpd issues but the buds are usually pretty friggin frosty!
I dont believe in that vpd shit at all.....if you have ever grown in high desert or desert Conditions. .. your whole grow will be in the red on that chart. Stoma adapt to climate.

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Quality genetics 1st and foremost

I use cmh bulbs. Absolutely LOVE these lights. It's the 600hps and mh KILLER!

Terpinator
This stuff works on all 16 strains I run.
what is your foot print that you are using for 315's ...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use bug hoods. I run 4x315 in an 8x12 rooms that's offset 2.5' from.center..

Yololive69

Yololive69

There is no magic bullet to increase resin or potency. Any product that claims otherwise is total bullshit. Potency and resin are determined by three things in this order:

Genetics
Plant health
Drying, curing and processing technique

Keep in mind that visible crystal also has zero relation to potency as well. Trust your mental palette, not your eyes.
Very well put....and I can't stress this ENOUGH....GENETICS GENETICS GENETICS!! Of course the drying/curing is the second most important thing ( being that you know what you're doing during the grow, and have a nice, healthy, MATURE, lady). You could have the finest genetics, awesome grow, and totally f**k it up with your drying/ curing method...

Top Bottom