Critical Jack Auto's

• Thread starter magick81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

magick81

Hey guys,
Out of the 20something seeds I've recently had delivered, I have decided to only pop a couple of the auto seeds so they can be added to my current grow. There is really no point adding any non auto seeds to my grow or I'll have to wait for those seeds to complete veg before I can flip my other plants.

I like to document my grows with lots of photo's and frequent updates. I'm curious about this strain, and auto-flowering plants altogether, so I'll share my grow with the world, as I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I've germinated 2x Critical Jack Auto seeds by Dinafem. I used the papertowel method.
After only 48 hours, both seeds had sprouted tap roots almost an inch long! It sprouted way quicker and longer roots than my chemdogs.

Critical jack autos

They were planted root pointing down, into 250ml disposable plastic cups.
I pierced a few small holes in the bottom of the cups for drainage, and the medium being used is coco. I watered the coco with filtered water, adjusted ph to 6.0. I was aiming for 5.8, but 1 drop of ph down had a drastic effect on the small cup of water i was preparing lol

When they are ready, I will place these under my 400w HPS in the tent with the chemdogs.

Cheers
MagickzX

jagle

jagle

mate of mine has a non auto growing, nice and frosty, great smell youll be happy

M

magick81

Thanks.
The smaller seed was the freebie. The bigger seed was paid for. I bought a 3pk, and got another acj and white widow free on the dinafem promo at attitude.
Along with the November Cannabis cup promo, I did quite well on this order. 7 freebies after buying only 3 lol

jagle

jagle

haha ya indeed bought off the tude once, got some cool freebies.

get my stuff from sannie direct or some dna stuff off the tude, or local shop

M

magick81

Awesome. It's been less than 24 hours since I planted them in the coco and they have already broken the surface! I can't believe it, as my chemdogs took a couple days :)

I'll probably put them into the tent starting tomorrow.

Photo's to follow shortly....

M

magick81

-=AutoCriticalJack.Update=-

The sprouts are now completely upright, ACJ#2 has dropped its seed pod.
I put them into the tent today to start their life under the 400w HPS.
In order to get them to the correct height so they are closer to the light, I put a plastic stool in there for them to sit on.

-=Pics=-
PB240093

PB240095

M

magick81

Thanks for the kind words :D
I also placed orders for 2 packs of seeds from sannies.
I'm getting the Jackberry's & Killing Fields seeds. 10 reg of each.
I can't wait to try those!

jagle

jagle

Jackberry is a lovely smoke
and killing fields too man you wont be upset.

get any specific freebies?

M

magick81

It wasn't specified in the order confirmation, but I am assuming I will. It was placed as 2 separate orders so I should be getting 2 packs of freebies :)
I'm super excited to get them, and all the others I've ordered have taken a back seat, as they will be the ones i grow next. I am also contemplating flipping these plants right now, so i can finish sooner and start on these lol

jagle

jagle

well if you didnt specefy youll recieve the standard ones which are this time around

Mad Shack

next time you order check out that page and put what seeds you want in the comments section.

and ya flipping these early might not be a bad idea

M

magick81

Thanks for the word up.
I didn't order femmed seeds as i wanted to try breeding with these so i just got regs.
The reg freebies are Star Kush, which sounds like they'll go perfectly with my chemdogs :)

As for breeding, i see in the forseeable future some Heavy Duty FruityxJackberry/Killing Fields & some ChemdogxFree Kush :D

As for flipping early, I really wanted to scrog these chemdogs so i'm not sure lol. I was planning to buy the materials to build my screens tomorrow. Lets see what happens. If I can't be bothered I may just flip my chemdogs as they are.

Cheers
MagickZxXx

jagle

jagle

breeding?
cool cool, have 2 star kush down myself, are only 2 weeks from seed tho so nothing happening yet.

M

magick81

I decided to flip my chemdogs. Today is their first day of 12/12.
The hot weather has returned and with the official start of summer only a few days away its probably the smart thing to do. Lights will be on from 9pm-9am.

I'm just agonizing on wether to add a scrog to them.
How will the flip affect my auto critical jack? With 12/12 she will grow slower, right?
Also, i see one of the seedlings flapping around in the fan lol. i tried to put it in a less windy spot but didnt have much luck. She'll be ok won't she? As she is the bigger one of the 2.

jagle

jagle

the autos will grow slower under 12/12 yes, i dunno if it might stress them out, you could always give them a few hours extra of sun in the morning?

and if she is flapping about, burry her in soil more to strengthen her and stop her falling over

M

magick81

the autos will grow slower under 12/12 yes, i dunno if it might stress them out, you could always give them a few hours extra of sun in the morning?

and if she is flapping about, burry her in soil more to strengthen her and stop her falling over
Yeah I thought so. Well being as my lights switch off at 9am every morning i may put them outside for the day, everyday to give them more light. Just worried about bugs, my chemdogs had creepycrawlies all in its soil from just spending its first 2 weeks outdoors. I was using clay balls in my larger pots, but as in these cups i dont think i have the space to give them a 1inch layer. I might put some seran wrap over just the soil and poke a few holes for air, what do u think, a good idea?

I will bury the seedlings more as it seems the coco level is lower since i started them, probably compacted after watering.

-=edit=-
I refilled their cups with coco and watered them a little, as the coco was being blown around by my fan lol. Anyways, I watered them with a very weak nute solution less than 0.1ec. I hope its not too much lol. PH was 5.8

jagle

jagle

can you put them outside in a covered area, or maybe just in the window sill?
thats what i would do

M

magick81

I could put them by the window, but i dont think i have any windows that will get direct sunlight all day.

Do they need to be in direct sunlight? Or will just daytime be enough for them?

M

magick81

-=Day.6.UPDATE=-

-=Day.6.Update=-

The ACJ's are coming along nicely. Plant 1 is very tall and leggy, plant 2 has a much shorter stem, but leaf size is just a tiny bit smaller than her older sister. I'm wondering if I have 2 different pheno's showing already, as they have both had the exact same treatment/setup.

They've been in the tent under the 400w HPS for 12 hours a day, and spend the other 12 hours a day on my windowsill. Night period is only 3 or 4 hours every day, though I'm told you can grow autos on 24/0 from seed to harvest.

Now for the pics

PC010130

PC010131

PC010132

PC010133

PC010134

I think I will feed with Quarter strength nutes next watering day, and start working its way up to full strength.

Cheers
DrMagickZ

jagle

jagle

indeed they are man, looking good.

stretching alot tho, can you raise them again under the hps?

Top Bottom