Cultivation Program For 1 Acer Commercial Greenhouse In Africa

• Thread starter royfree2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
royfree2grow

royfree2grow

Hello farmers,

haven't been posting for quite some time, so its good being active again, and I really need your help.

After a long process of dealing with bureaucracy and building business and political connections, we now have a true opportunity to become a licensed producer of medical cannabis in Zimbabwe.

We are only pre-first screening process and have to provide a solid business plan to get an initial green light from the government.

Right now we are struggling with defining requirements for a Cultivation System including genetic selection and sourcing, grow plan and methods, and facility layout for the production aspect of the operation.

Every aspect of the planning and designing the plan must meet the criteria of the Canadian ACMPR (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations) which the Zimbabwe government adopted, this includes GAP and GSP standards.

Although space is not an issue, we decided to go relatively small at first and apply for a 1 acre growing space in a environment controlled greenhouse with sup/dep lighting capabilities to be able to run at least 2 cycles a year initially.

I'm just interested in brainstorming here, and hopefully the discussion will go deeper; How would you go about this challenge? which grow plan and methods would you have implemented under these criteria? how would you arrange and optimize the space for commercial growing?

All the heavy players- I'd love to get your thoughts on this, but anyone who can contribute to the topic is also invited to chime in.

Hope to get some of your feedback soon,

Thanks

Rf2g

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hello farmers,

haven't been posting for quite some time, so its good being active again, and I really need your help.

After a long process of dealing with bureaucracy and building business and political connections, we now have a true opportunity to become a licensed producer of medical cannabis in Zimbabwe.

We are only pre-first screening process and have to provide a solid business plan to get an initial green light from the government.

Right now we are struggling with defining requirements for a Cultivation System including genetic selection and sourcing, grow plan and methods, and facility layout for the production aspect of the operation.

Every aspect of the planning and designing the plan must meet the criteria of the Canadian ACMPR (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations) which the Zimbabwe government adopted, this includes GAP and GSP standards.

Although space is not an issue, we decided to go relatively small at first and apply for a 1 acre growing space in a environment controlled greenhouse with sup/dep lighting capabilities to be able to run at least 2 cycles a year initially.

I'm just interested in brainstorming here, and hopefully the discussion will go deeper; How would you go about this challenge? which grow plan and methods would you have implemented under these criteria? how would you arrange and optimize the space for commercial growing?

All the heavy players- I'd love to get your thoughts on this, but anyone who can contribute to the topic is also invited to chime in.

Hope to get some of your feedback soon,

Thanks

Rf2g
Maybe offline ? I grow commercially, California. Greenhouse, indoor outdoor method. 80 strains later we have it worked down to 18.
Depending on environmental conditions, and room setup, you can do a “perpetual “ Harvest setup, may require multiple zones within the greenhouse.
Lighting is key and I don’t know the weather pattern of South Africa, presuming it’s sub tropical?
Like I said we can chat offline

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

any updates on this?

Yep,

The plan is having two greenhouses for perpetual harvest just like @Jack og suggested;

The vegetation premises will be located in a 1,500 -sq m high-tech vegetation greenhouse, fully equipped (sup-lights, climate control etc.)

The flowering greenhouse measures 5,000 -sq m.

these are some of the greenhouse features:

· Heating during the cold season in order to reach the desired temperature for cannabis cultivation.
· Cooling in the summer using advanced systems such as high-pressure vaporizers and wet pads.
· Irrigation distribution system using customizable dripper units and micro drips.
· Division into various cultivation areas based on growth stages.
·Thermal screens to reduce the heat load in the summer and energy costs in the winter.
·Hot-dip galvanized steel prefabricated elements.
·Diffused coverings for optimal light spread.

We plan on having 6,000 plants at different stages of flowering at any given time.

there are many more details... but i'm tired so to be continued.
i'd love to hear your thoughts guys..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yep,

The plan is having two greenhouses for perpetual harvest just like @Jack og suggested;

The vegetation premises will be located in a 1,500 -sq m high-tech vegetation greenhouse, fully equipped (sup-lights, climate control etc.)

The flowering greenhouse measures 5,000 -sq m.

these are some of the greenhouse features:

· Heating during the cold season in order to reach the desired temperature for cannabis cultivation.
· Cooling in the summer using advanced systems such as high-pressure vaporizers and wet pads.
· Irrigation distribution system using customizable dripper units and micro drips.
· Division into various cultivation areas based on growth stages.
·Thermal screens to reduce the heat load in the summer and energy costs in the winter.
·Hot-dip galvanized steel prefabricated elements.
·Diffused coverings for optimal light spread.

We plan on having 6,000 plants at different stages of flowering at any given time.

there are many more details... but i'm tired so to be continued.
i'd love to hear your thoughts guys..
Look into waterfall cooling for large space cooling, may help with humidity in a dry climate. Cost wise cheapest method to cool a greenhouse . But if humidity is higher, then some sort of and ac based system would be ideal.

This is what we use, 4” pvc system, we finally made ours out of 8”, concept is the same

https://www.gothicarchgreenhouses.com/greenhouse_cooling.htm

Top Bottom