Curing Room Instead Of Jars Or Bucket?

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

Instead of having 100 jars and buckets and burping all that crap to get the buds at a nice 60% humidity why can't I have a dedicated room to cure instead? Leave the room maintained at 60% and roughly 65 to 70 degrees and the bud will eventually dry to 60% and cure at 60% for a month or so. Thoughts?

StandingRock

StandingRock

I'm thinking whole plant hang dry two weeks, trim, cure for a month all in the same room. Vacuum sealed buckets after that for longer term storage.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I don't see why u cant do this

I been having to use tots id say just try and make sure u have good air flow and not lots of light on them

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I also hae a dedicated space that has temps and Rh regulated. Works great. I use a Sentinel controller for the temp and Rh control. 65 deg F and 65 % Rh Then when dry into mason jars with boveda pack and vacuum sealed. Food saver has a vac seal attachment for small and large mason jars. Works great!!! I have been smoking some cured bud stored for over a year and smells and tastes as good as the day it went in. The bag appeal does suffer some with over a year storage. I had some CSI Cornbread Bubba that looked like Columbian Gold from back in the day. :D

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Imo
Burping

When you burp a jar, your allowing the outside of the bud to dry out. Thus allowing the outside to draw out inside moisture. Repeat process. I don't see how having a big curing room will allow this to happen. There's no small enclosure to allow for this to happen.

Just my .02

StandingRock

StandingRock

I'm a try it and see what happens kind of guy. So we'll see what happens lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Imo
Burping

When you burp a jar, your allowing the outside of the bud to dry out. Thus allowing the outside to draw out inside moisture. Repeat process. I don't see how having a big curing room will allow this to happen. There's no small enclosure to allow for this to happen.

Just my .02

I would agree with this but the outdoor old guys out here hang their huge plants whole and untrimmed in the barn and slowly pick off drying leaves over a month or 6 weeks and then finally trim and their product is super tasty and smooth.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But that's not curing.

Op stated curing as the key word.

I have read that our version is actually backwards. And curing is actually done on the branch.

But I have not researched this. So I don't really know. But there are plenty of cured products and I don't know of any done in mason jars other than us.

My point about the barn drying is that the weed was smoother than my "cured"weed.

william76

william76

Imo
Burping

Just my .02
Yea,the room would have to be airtight (like a jar) for to cure it,otherwise ur just slow drying it,be a nice product but not as good as cured,when cured right u dont feel it on ur throat and it hits like a hammer!taste and smell intensified too!,if it aint cured it aint grade a,,76

Top Bottom