Current Setup

• Thread starter Mr.Juice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Playing around with my little veg room. I have a few led full spectrum cob lights. They are switchable and can turn on veg and bloom independently. Have been running on a 1200W (~200 actual) both spectrums. I’ve added two more 600W but only veg (~100 actual) and cranked them up as high as they can go. My thought process is that plants still get full spectrum but with an emphasis in the blue. In total I’m only pushing about 300W. Aside from my stubby mutant they seem to be liking it. 5 gal fabric pots, promix HP, Nutriplus A+B, sensical mag xtra. 22C and 40% RH. My goal is to keep everything nice and simple and focus on quality.
Current setup

From here they will go into 4x4 tent and will switch, 2000W full spectrum and will supplement with the 600s set to bloom for a total of ~500 actual watts. It’s a tiny setup compared to what many on here have, just thought I’d share

Dan789

Dan789

Playing around with my little veg room. I have a few led full spectrum cob lights. They are switchable and can turn on veg and bloom independently. Have been running on a 1200W (~200 actual) both spectrums. I’ve added two more 600W but only veg (~100 actual) and cranked them up as high as they can go. My thought process is that plants still get full spectrum but with an emphasis in the blue. In total I’m only pushing about 300W. Aside from my stubby mutant they seem to be liking it. 5 gal fabric pots, promix HP, Nutriplus A+B, sensical mag xtra. 22C and 40% RH. My goal is to keep everything nice and simple and focus on quality.
View attachment 860944

From here they will go into 4x4 tent and will switch, 2000W full spectrum and will supplement with the 600s set to bloom for a total of ~500 actual watts. It’s a tiny setup compared to what many on here have, just thought I’d share
Hope you moved the lights up, just for the photo, otherwise too high, imho.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I know it seems they are too high, but at this point I’d rather have a wider spread for more diffusion. Doubling the height and then increasing the amount of light to compensate a bit. These lights have UV and Infra red LED in them as well. I found that even at the recommended height of 2’ they are too strong and was getting heat stress and my intake is also blowing directly on them. And probably contributed to my plants tight internodal spacing. Can’t be certain that’s the case but they seem to like it better that way. With my compact plant issue as well having it close causes more shading.

Dan789

Dan789

I know it seems they are too high, but at this point I’d rather have a wider spread for more diffusion. Doubling the height and then increasing the amount of light to compensate a bit. These lights have UV and Infra red LED in them as well. I found that even at the recommended height of 2’ they are too strong and was getting heat stress and my intake is also blowing directly on them. And probably contributed to my plants tight internodal spacing. Can’t be certain that’s the case but they seem to like it better that way. With my compact plant issue as well having it close causes more shading.
Doesn’t jive, sorry many in this community, myself included run fine with cobs, hps, quantum’s and bluples at or near the canopy level +-12”, to run at 4’ over the canopy seems like throwing money and time out the window, just sayin...

Latest posts

Top Bottom