Da WiFi in Coco, CO2, 1k Dual-Arc, 4th Grow Log!

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey there Farmers! I know some of you may have already been able to see the beginning of this grow on The Farm before it went down and lost data, but for some of you I am sure this will be new, so I will do my best to avoid leaving anything out!

This is going to be a thread logging the progress of my first run with Da WiFi as a full tray, and my second run with OGR's strain, White Fire. I found this phenotype out of my own pack of seeds purchased from The Farm (thanks logic!) over the past summer, and I am really excited to see what it can do this run!

The clones were started in rockwool cubes with nothing but a 5.5 pH soak, and then RO water, and when rooted were transplanted into 2 gallon RootPots filled with pure Canna Coco. I am using House & Garden's full line of Coco Base and additives for this run again, although for anyone following me, you should know that I will be moving away from H&G as soon as I go through enough of my stock to feel like I am not taking too big of a loss. I am not running at the rates they recommend anymore, although I am roughly following their ratios at a much more diluted rate on most feedings, I would not recommend them as a company to someone looking.

I started the clones under a T5 fluorescent, and then rooted and transplanted, they were moved under a 400w MH bulb in an air-cooled reflector. The clones were vegged until proper size for flip, at which point they were transplanted into 7 gallon RootPots filled again with pure Canna Coco, and moved under my 1000w Ushio Dual-Arc bulb in a Raptor air-cooled reflector.

The plants were hand watered during veg, but are now hooked up to a drip system during flowering, which I manually plug in for waterings either daily or every other day depending on conditions and the stage of flowering. And again, I am still using H&G's nutrient line at different than recommended rates. I am also foliar feeding with varying rates of Magic Green, Hvy16 Foliar, and another companies Fe/Zn foliar (can't remember the name right now).

The 7 gal pots were inoculated with Great White, although again for anyone following me, I would recommend spending your money more wisely on Cap's packs rather than GW, I will be doing the same once I have gone through enough of the GW to feel as though I am not taking too big a loss.

I use Drip Clean on every feeding, but still find myself having to flush every 3-4 weeks to really prevent salt build up. The Drip Clean works well, but after 4 weeks or so, I start finding large salt crystals on the top of my media that I assume are also scattered throughout my root zone. . .

Anyways, the current state of my plants is an extremely minor onset of Mg, Fe, or K deficiency, so minor that I really cannot diagnose between those three yet, and so I have done a very light foliar treatment for all three nutrients last night and this morning. I will bump up the rate I am feeding a little on the next reservoir and hope that the deficiencies do not return. Besides this, I have experienced a couple minor symptoms of calcium deficiency in veg and early flower, but both times was treated within the day of symptoms showing and the plants are now very happy with their calcium levels in the nutrient solution.

Now that I have given away all the problems that are not even severe enough to be visible in the pictures, here are the pictures taken through this whole clones/veg/early flowering process, and you can see for yourself that I make it sound a lot worse than it is, and my plants have actually been in really great health their whole lives!

(New server only allows 10 pics per page, I will break it up semi-based on that restriction, and semi-based on the timeline of events)

Part 1: Clone - Early Veg
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 2
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 3
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 4
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 5
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 6
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 7
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 8
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 9
Da wifi in coco co2 1k dual arc 4th grow log 10

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Part 6: A trunk shot, and a mutant leaf that is two leaves stuck together as mirror images of each other. . . one faces up and the other faces down, coming from the same spot on the stem on two connected petioles. . . . pictures are tough to interpret (kinda just looks like pH twist at first glance), but if you study them, you might understand. . . weirdest thing!

IMG 1756

IMG 1759
IMG 1762

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Woah! That was a ton of pictures to upload! I am glad to be done! Now you can all enjoy the last 2 months in super speed!! I love super speed updates!

The veg process from rooted clone to flip took 30 days, and the plants are now 20 days into 12/12 lighting schedule! Thanks for checking out the new thread, more updates to come as flowering gets going full blast over the next week or 2! These girls are not done stretching yet, last run this phenotype was still stretching at 25 days, so I think the canopy will be perfectly filled when all is said and done! The smells are already starting to really get going, and the first layer of trichomes became visible in its early stage recently!

-Meeks :D

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Woah! That was a ton of pictures to upload! I am glad to be done! Now you can all enjoy the last 2 months in super speed!! I love super speed updates!

The veg process from rooted clone to flip took 30 days, and the plants are now 20 days into 12/12 lighting schedule! Thanks for checking out the new thread, more updates to come as flowering gets going full blast over the next week or 2! These girls are not done stretching yet, last run this phenotype was still stretching at 25 days, so I think the canopy will be perfectly filled when all is said and done! The smells are already starting to really get going, and the first layer of trichomes became visible in its early stage recently!

-Meeks :D

haha if only the grow could run thru fast forward like that .. looking great MEEKS. got a lot of crazy S&M training going on in there haha. make them bitches squeal bruh.

cheese

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
down for the ride lookin sweet meeks

Glad to have you on board DrCGT, I am really thinking this is shaping up to be my most photographable run yet! Da WiFi is just such a beauty with such long legs and frosty ass rock hard buds!

Really spectacular binding, looking very smooth, i`m impressed with the full size update, keep `em coming pleezzz;)

Thanks Krasi! The early LST sets them up to be proper bushes for sure, without it Da WiFi likes to get super stringy and gets way too tall before it is ready for flip. New update coming soon!

haha if only the grow could run thru fast forward like that .. looking great MEEKS. got a lot of crazy S&M training going on in there haha. make them bitches squeal bruh.

cheese

O man, if there was a fast forward button on my grows in real life I would have run the White Urkle pheno B 20 times already!! And this WiFi cut would have been run to death! Unfortunately, it is only in times of laziness or data loss that I fall far enough behind on updates to do super speed, but I sure do love it when I finally get around to the super speed photo stream!

This phenotype in particular just loves to get bent over and tied down! I couldn't even budge the stems of the WMK after I made the flip to 12/12, but with Da WiFi, I can bend and tuck a branch that is 14" above the screen hole, and it will submit to my force easily without snapping and find its new place in the screen quickly without long before it is perked back up and ready for more! I couldn't do that with a branch even 2" above the hole if I tried on the WMK without breaking the branch right off!

Thanks for stopping by Cheese!

That's a nice White Fire I love how she filled in the screen.. This is a great thread u made it look like the plants got giant over nite.. Great grow those plants look happy green.. I love ur grow room doggie..

Thanks Goo, I really think you will start to notice similarities between our cuts once this girl gets into flower! She gets the thick coat of frost along the back half the of the leaf margin like yours, and looks like straight up diamonds coming out of a field of green when the buds are formed, having practically no leaf material on the actual buds what so ever! My main goal for this round is to see if this pheno can get bigger buds than the last run I did, and if it can, it is going to remain in my stable for a while to come! If not, I have pheno B of the WiFi on deck for testing!

Thanks to everyone who has viewed, but did not comment; Thanks more to everyone who took advantage of the new website function and hit the 'Like' button on any of my comments; and thanks the most to those of you who took the time to actually comment and share your thoughts! I really enjoy sharing what I do everyday with people who are interested in reading (seeing) about it, and I just wanted to express my gratitude for the opportunity to do that here at The Farm, with so many other enthusiastic and intelligent growers looking to do the same! :D

-Meeks

kushluvr

kushluvr

Awesome dude...i really like the time u spend to train them.....they look like such beautiful bushes just before the screen!!! then the magic happens!! looking spot on brotha man! u know im subbed...ill be watchin yours unfold with my 2 phenos.... we are flowering almost the same day???...lights on tonight is day 20......u took it 63 last time right?

Kush

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Very clean and well thought-out. Props.

Thanks Jin, that means a lot to me! I have really been enjoying the amount of photos you upload, and it reminds me of how many pics I used to take last year when I was growing in a much smaller setup. . . . makes me kinda nostalgic and also makes me feel like I got lazy. . . but it is inspiring me to do more picture taking again so maybe there will be a gain for the farm out of all this! Thanks for stopping by!

Awesome dude...i really like the time u spend to train them.....they look like such beautiful bushes just before the screen!!! then the magic happens!! looking spot on brotha man! u know im subbed...ill be watchin yours unfold with my 2 phenos.... we are flowering almost the same day???...lights on tonight is day 20......u took it 63 last time right?

Kush

Yea I dunno what the secret was to their happiness under that 400wMH bulb, they get way closer than I think they can handle during veg every time and they just look great doing it! Then they start showing signs of stress when they are less than 25 inches from the 1000w dual-arc bulb. . . making me keep my reflector a little higher than usual. . . but they filled in nicely in my opinion, just a day or 2 under veg'd if I could go back and flip just a little later! I didn't realize we made the flip so close to each other! That always adds a little extra fun, being able to look forward to roughly the same harvest date! I would have to look back at my log to make sure, but I think I ran the WiFi for 70 days in the end, although at one point I had them on an 11 week nutrient schedule. . . ended up making the chop at 10 weeks I think. My girls are 24 days into enjoying 12/12 lighting, and visible flowering has been going on for around 18-20 days, I would have to consult my picture records to pick an arbitrary first flowering date, but it is roughly the exact same time as you! I am a little confused though, yours seems to be much further ahead of mine, unless the pics you took are just getting confused in my head right now. . . its possible. Have your calyx started to swell yet? Mine are just visibly forming/swelling starting yesterday, but they have no frost to impress me yet. . . any day now!

Anyways, thanks for coming along for the ride Kush! Glad to have you here!

*EDIT* just went and checked your photos again, yea we are for sure very close to each other in flowering! The pics you put up Monday, are almost exactly what mine looked like Monday night. . . .this is gonna be good!

-Meeks

kushluvr

kushluvr

for sure bro, im always down for your logs....great info, pic, and product, how does it get any better!!! i dig it!!

ok so i just checked....i planted those in my soil the day i threw them in there also.....no preveg in the soil ahead of time....i planted/started 12/12 my Wifi on march 11th....they've only been in 18 day..tonite!!

i just took this pic for this post, minutes ago!!!

P1000568 001
P1000569 001
P1000571
P1000572 001

Thanks Jin, that means a lot to me! I have really been enjoying the amount of photos you upload, and it reminds me of how many pics I used to take last year when I was growing in a much smaller setup. . . . makes me kinda nostalgic and also makes me feel like I got lazy. . . but it is inspiring me to do more picture taking again so maybe there will be a gain for the farm out of all this! Thanks for stopping by!

Yea I dunno what the secret was to their happiness under that 400wMH bulb, they get way closer than I think they can handle during veg every time and they just look great doing it! Then they start showing signs of stress when they are less than 25 inches from the 1000w dual-arc bulb. . . making me keep my reflector a little higher than usual. . . but they filled in nicely in my opinion, just a day or 2 under veg'd if I could go back and flip just a little later! I didn't realize we made the flip so close to each other! That always adds a little extra fun, being able to look forward to roughly the same harvest date! I would have to look back at my log to make sure, but I think I ran the WiFi for 70 days in the end, although at one point I had them on an 11 week nutrient schedule. . . ended up making the chop at 10 weeks I think. My girls are 24 days into enjoying 12/12 lighting, and visible flowering has been going on for around 18-20 days, I would have to consult my picture records to pick an arbitrary first flowering date, but it is roughly the exact same time as you! I am a little confused though, yours seems to be much further ahead of mine, unless the pics you took are just getting confused in my head right now. . . its possible. Have your calyx started to swell yet? Mine are just visibly forming/swelling starting yesterday, but they have no frost to impress me yet. . . any day now!

Anyways, thanks for coming along for the ride Kush! Glad to have you here!

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
for sure bro, im always down for your logs....great info, pic, and product, how does it get any better!!! i dig it!!

ok so i just checked....i planted those in my soil the day i threw them in there also.....no preveg in the soil ahead of time....i planted/started 12/12 my Wifi on march 11th....they've only been in 18 day..tonite!!

i just took this pic for this post, minutes ago!!!

Damn Kush, you got me jealous! I made the flip to 12/12 on March 4th and did transplant that day just like you, but your WiFi looks a a few days ahead of mine, even though it is a week behind! It does look a little leafier than mine, but the buds look set to outgrow mine easily, and the frost has not covered mine as much as it has yours yet! I wonder if it is your super soil, or your genotype that is making the difference?!

BTW, learned something new in my plant propagation class this quarter! We have all been using the vocab word 'Phenotype' improperly for the most part! A 'Genotype' is the genetic variation resulting from growing plants from seed, and every seed is a different genotype, even if they end up looking the same or very similar! A 'Phenotype' is the characteristic of that plant that are based on that plants environment, temp, soil, nutrients, etc. . . So, for example, Alien's FPOG, would be both a genotype and a phenotype, but no one who purchased FPOG seeds will ever (based on definition) be able to find the same Genotype as Alien has in his stable, and even MakinGoo (given original clone) most likely will never be able to find the same Phenotype, because phenotype is based on environment, and so any variables that are not identical, will result in a slightly different phenotype! And therefore even when sharing clones, we are technically only sharing 'Genotypes', not 'Phenotypes', because those clones will produce different phenotypes in different environments, even with identical genetics!

So from now on, I will be doing my best to spread the word about that, and do my best to use the terminology properly, so that our industry does not become even more disconnected from the rest of the horticultural community! So if everyone could do there best to refer to clones only strains as 'Genotypes' from now on, that would be awesome!

Geat diary. Really appreciate the attention to detail.

outwest

Thanks Outwest!

-Meeks

kushluvr

kushluvr

thx meeks..........it may be the soil?......its really on point! i did add Co2 this run also......i have noticed my ladies are bit ahead of some gardens running the same schedule as I.....IDK........environment maybe, i got that dialed this run also, third times a charm, hahahaha?

it looks leafy, but its not at all, very lanky OG stucture.....ez trimmin!!

dont worry dude, your ladies will be fine, they look perfect!!

.......maybe ill be done in 63?

Top Bottom