Damn Little White Flies

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

They were a real problemfor me back in the 70’s indoors. Theres a couple on my outdoor grow this year but they dont seem to be doing any damage. Neem oil? I’d rather not but...

RR1

RR1

Outside grows have less of a problem because there are natural controls outdoors. Most bugs have predators outside that don’t exist indoors.
Just keep an eye, but you should be fine.
RR1

Madbud

Madbud

Outside grows have less of a problem because there are natural controls outdoors. Most bugs have predators outside that don’t exist indoors.
Just keep an eye, but you should be fine.
RR1
Thanks RR1, surprised they can handle the wind but a couple flit around whenever i shake a plant.

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

I wanna say they're worse than thrips..lol...4 or 5 nymphal stages and the adults feed as well...they have become resistant to syntgetic pesticides in some locations....a real bugger!

Friendlyguy

Friendlyguy

An entymologist(if i spelled it correctly) here would be nice...lol

If you see them feasting do tell....
Hoping these guys have an appetite for flies, they also appeared in numbers this year

P

PharmHand

Hoping these guys have an appetite for flies, they also appeared in numbers this year
Not sure what ya got there but Encarsia Formosa can help. I’ve used them before for white flies, indoors tho. They might just fly away on you outside tho. And yea they are a bitch, I’ve never been able to truly rid myself of them. They seem to like the native plants around my shop which is likely where I got em. Yellow stickies, azamax, spinosad take out 99% of them lol.

Perception

Perception

this right here is good stuff,trick is start spraying it before the bugs get there

Have you tried this exact recipe, or something similar? Been reading more about fermented pesticide & fertilizer sprays, and almost seems like you can just mix any plants in there! Known insecticidal herbs for pesticide, and almost any plant matter for fertilizer (Especially plant matter/fruits of the plants you are spraying it on) - plus some kind of sugar or starch.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Have you tried this exact recipe, or something similar? Been reading more about fermented pesticide & fertilizer sprays, and almost seems like you can just mix any plants in there! Known insecticidal herbs for pesticide, and almost any plant matter for fertilizer (Especially plant matter/fruits of the plants you are spraying it on) - plus some kind of sugar or starch.
im waiting on some of the herbs now,should be tomorrow,but no way to get some of this exact recipe,at least out my wallet hahah,most of them peppers im using chilli peppers,habenero,sarrano and jalepino peppers,i got worm wood and vervain on the way, but yes is your answer as with anything use your envoriment,same as me ,i been saving a tomato plant just for this,thought it was done and damned if i didnt pick a tomato off it today,the mint ginger garlic and onions get at local store,my wild tobaco is a pack of pall mall reds hahahah the mountain microbes i got from eco at betteroganiks.com,the k- amino is mountain microbes

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

also with the starch,your adding molasses every were but the usa you can get the stuff for cheap,all my other fermenting i been using brown sugar,the ohn is fermented with ever clear,still got 4 weeks for it to be ready,just did first pull sunday

Perception

Perception

also with the starch,your adding molasses every were but the usa you can get the stuff for cheap,all my other fermenting i been using brown sugar,the ohn is fermented with ever clear,still got 4 weeks for it to be ready,just did first pull sunday

Make a post when you get that brew finished and applied! Smell reports, taste reports, haha ;) . Would love to hear how it all works out in the end and how your plants and veggies like it.

Top Bottom