Dan's Strain Hunt, Your Experience Is Valuable To Me...

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Hello farmers,

I'm looking for suggestions for a strain that has a high stretch rate when placed into flower. My idea is to flower straight from rooted clones and eliminate the veg stage altogether. I would like to think I could still achieve 3-4 ft plants with this method. Any info or experience you may have with this method is very welcome. Speed is of the essence in my upcoming plans and this is the best way I can think of to accomplish this. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to say I will be giving the clones a couple of weeks to settle in so you could say I'm not eliminating the veg stage altogether, but minimising it as much as possible...

C.Brown

C.Brown

a thousand times, Reserva privada sour diesel, gorgeous flavor, stretches a lot but if you can wait a couple extra weeks the buds really pack on the yield. If they still exist grab a pack you will definitely find a keeper

xenon730

xenon730

Hello farmers,

I'm looking for suggestions for a strain that has a high stretch rate when placed into flower. My idea is to flower straight from rooted clones and eliminate the veg stage altogether. I would like to think I could still achieve 3-4 ft plants with this method. Any info or experience you may have with this method is very welcome. Speed is of the essence in my upcoming plans and this is the best way I can think of to accomplish this. Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to say I will be giving the clones a couple of weeks to settle in so you could say I'm not eliminating the veg stage altogether, but minimising it as much as possible...
All of my forum cut crosses are grown how you described. Make sure you're using fabric pots or hydro as that makes a huge difference in final plant and bud size. Fabric pots create much larger plants. The plant i have the most history with on that is granola funk from bodhi, but i have a couple other forum cut crosses that are similar. It's a very durbanesque style bud structure with large clusters that look sort of like a single flower at each point. I'm having trouble finding a picture but it's the forum cut structure seen here that I'm talking about that i find excels at exactly what you're asking for. My granola funk cut can be cut as early as 52 days but is ripe in 57, the fastest cut i currently grow now that I'm thinking about it.

20170810 223407
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

why are u thinking the taller the plant more bud u going to get if any think u need to look for something with a super ez rooter and stress res from shock from going from cut root flower

and u said u going to give it some time to recover a couple weeks that might as well be veg 1 week to root 2-3 weeks for recover so u at a month right there

Leew421

Leew421

I grew the moonshine ghost train haze a bunch. It's a 12 weeker but worth it in so many ways. Very sativa stretch.

BudBogart

BudBogart

It seems like going straight to flower is not going to give your roots time to grow enough to feed a budding 4 footer. But I'm an old outdoor guy, you guys indoor continue to amaze me, lol.

D

Dnkcommander

I really dont think you should be aming for a certin height you should focus on fast flowering yeilders for this set up. a few years back i would run 100 plants in 1 gal pots under 2 600s vegged for 2 weeks then flip the only set back is maneuvering the jungle amd keeping up with watering i would flood the tables then shop vac the excess off

dan1989

dan1989

I really dont think you should be aming for a certin height you should focus on fast flowering yeilders for this set up. a few years back i would run 100 plants in 1 gal pots under 2 600s vegged for 2 weeks then flip the only set back is maneuvering the jungle amd keeping up with watering i would flood the tables then shop vac the excess off

If I had the patience to do that I would probably do as you said and basically cram lots of little plants into my tent, but to be honest, I prefer fewer plants as I'm still an amateur and controlling that many would be a little overwhelming for me I think...

dan1989

dan1989

why are u thinking the taller the plant more bud u going to get if any think u need to look for something with a super ez rooter and stress res from shock from going from cut root flower

and u said u going to give it some time to recover a couple weeks that might as well be veg 1 week to root 2-3 weeks for recover so u at a month right there

Hello stranger :) actually tind my objective is to keep the plants small. I'm sure I'll have to do a few runs to gauge the right veg time, yield is of course important to me. There seems to be growers who support this method.

dan1989

dan1989

It seems like going straight to flower is not going to give your roots time to grow enough to feed a budding 4 footer. But I'm an old outdoor guy, you guys indoor continue to amaze me, lol.

You speak as if growing outdoor is a step down from indoor. If we had the weather here in UK, I could grow outside just fine and not have to worry about all this minimal veg time stuff :D

dan1989

dan1989

I'm getting some good info here guys, keep it coming. All input helps!

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Hello stranger :) actually tind my objective is to keep the plants small. I'm sure I'll have to do a few runs to gauge the right veg time, yield is of course important to me. There seems to be growers who support this method.
4ft sure ant small

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

u said u where wanting it to stretch when u get this u would just have lil pop corn nug ever where nothing would have grouping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom