Dan's Strain Hunt, Your Experience Is Valuable To Me...

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

The main thing is working around a tenancy visit every three months. I have a few other ideas floating around. Basically I need them ready to flower when the agents come. That way I can stash them in a filtered closet, then when they fuck off put the tent up and get them flowered and chopped before the next three months is up

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

True true. I'm hoping that using a 600w LED alongside my 600w HPS will create more internodes, offsetting hopefully the shorter size. I've heard LEDs help that
never used them but only real thing I have seen is they cut down on watts and heat but still don't have the stacking power of HID lighting

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

The main thing is working around a tenancy visit every three months. I have a few other ideas floating around. Basically I need them ready to flower when the agents come. That way I can stash them in a filtered closet, then when they fuck off put the tent up and get them flowered and chopped before the next three months is up
only thing I could say on this is try hiding it was better like a ninja so they could never find it

also why are u not going with auto flowers could get a full harvest in 3months

dan1989

dan1989

only thing I could say on this is try hiding it was better like a ninja so they could never find it

This is one of the ideas floating around, however I have grown autos before and the only thing I disliked about them is the lack of control and this is key in my operation. As it is they finished really quickly but I can't risk getting a long flowering pheno and have to ditch any plants cos that haven't finished in time

dan1989

dan1989

Hiding things I can do but full blown flowering plants is tricky to hide in an apartment compared to short vegging plants

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

not really ditching it u still get to smoke what ever u get if that crap does happen look in to a good breeder get that shit on lock lol

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Hiding things I can do but full blown flowering plants is tricky to hide in an apartment compared to short vegging plants
u all good just need a scrubber its what I had to do just don't b cheap

dan1989

dan1989

not really ditching it u still get to smoke what ever u get if that crap does happen look in to a good breeder get that shit on lock lol

I'll buy them on here at least it will be easier to complain if they are duds lol

dan1989

dan1989

u all good just need a scrubber its what I had to do just don't b cheap

I have a rhino carbon filter for flowering, but it's still not worth the risk of getting busted. I really shouldn't grow in a rental at all but I don't have a choice

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I have had non smokers of any kind come over from the 60-70 so u know they know there smells lol and never even a pep and these people would end my world if they knew

D

Dnkcommander

Dude just pick a good yeilding strain and you will be golden it may take a few runs to dial it but when i was doing that big grow i ran hundreds and i seriously mean hundreds of different strains and cuts i avraged 20 grams per plant . coco is easy we did promix but the concept is the same.
Fuck autos not worth rhe time find a strain that is fast with a fast veg. Autos are too unpredictable

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Packing on the weight isnt so much the stretch per se when flipping to flower. Packing on the weight is an art and it starts with keeping Internodal distance as tight as possible. More nodes = more bud sites.

Here is an example of stackn em tight.

Tower of power

dan1989

dan1989

Packing on the weight isnt so much the stretch per se when flipping to flower. Packing on the weight is an art and it starts with keeping Internodal distance as tight as possible. More nodes = more bud sites.

View attachment 728865

How tall is that plant? The symmetrical fan leaves running up the main cola are beautiful. What advice could you offer on tight internode gaps?

dan1989

dan1989

View attachment 728865

The shape of that plant is perfect for what I want to do. Do you have any threads on stackin em tight?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
How tall is that plant? The symmetrical fan leaves running up the main cola are beautiful. What advice could you offer on tight internode gaps?
Vegging with either T5's kept real close 4-6" or CMH and keeping the groom temps within parameters for the difference between lights on and lights off. Never veg or transistion to flower with hps always use either white led, MH or HO T5's I dont switch to hps for flower until well into 2 -3 weeks into flower stage. This limits the crazy stretch.

Some farmers on a budget veg and flower with HPS and the far red and red in hps lend to a lot of stretch in plants and lots of rapid stretch = less bud sites and long nodal lengths that is real estate that could other wise be growing budz.

Another trick is to get to know your strains. Using the above methods will vary depending on strains. Some strains lend themselves to tighter nodes such as indica dom strains. Hybrids with a heavy sativa influence or 100% saties will typically lend themselves to longer internode distance and fluffier buds. My thinking is because a lot of sativas were landrace in jungle or equatorial regions with lots of rain and high humidity they stay open and airy to ward off PM and bud rot conditions.

Last edited:
Hydro head

Hydro head

If u have 3 months why don't u do an 8 week strain and veg for a week or 2, will get better yields like that, 3 months is enough to do a crop and dry it, I have female seeds C99 it's meant to be 8-9 week flower but grows more like a sativa, there's plenty of strains u could do in that time

dan1989

dan1989

If u have 3 months why don't u do an 8 week strain and veg for a week or 2, will get better yields like that, 3 months is enough to do a crop and dry it, I have female seeds C99 it's meant to be 8-9 week flower but grows more like a sativa, there's plenty of strains u could do in that time

Thanks for that, glad to hear someone say 'three months is enough''. In that case it's a goer as I could have them ready for flowering to begin and still have them in the place when they come to check. That gives me more than enough time to flower, dry, and have some clones ready the next time they come. I hope to have a nice rota, give or take a couple weeks.

Hydro head

Hydro head

Thanks for that, glad to hear someone say 'three months is enough''. In that case it's a goer as I could have them ready for flowering to begin and still have them in the place when they come to check. That gives me more than enough time to flower, dry, and have some clones ready the next time they come. I hope to have a nice rota, give or take a couple weeks.
No worries, just remember u need ur mother plant in a separate room, I do my clones 2-3 weeks before my current crop finishes, once my current is dry my clones have had plenty of time to build up roots, if you were to veg for a week u could have crops every 10/11 weeks depending on the strain, sugar black rose from delicious seeds can be chopped from 7 weeks from the flip to 12/12, done these a few years now. I personally leave them till 8ish myself but 7 wud be fine, could veg a couple weeks and ur still only on 9 weeks with plenty of time to dry, I veg them 3 weeks plus usually as they don't stretch loads but yields not to bad, sure there's more strains that wud be similar

dan1989

dan1989

No worries, just remember u need ur mother plant in a separate room, I do my clones 2-3 weeks before my current crop finishes, once my current is dry my clones have had plenty of time to build up roots, if you were to veg for a week u could have crops every 10/11 weeks depending on the strain, sugar black rose from delicious seeds can be chopped from 7 weeks from the flip to 12/12, done these a few years now. I personally leave them till 8ish myself but 7 wud be fine, could veg a couple weeks and ur still only on 9 weeks with plenty of time to dry, I veg them 3 weeks plus usually as they don't stretch loads but yields not to bad, sure there's more strains that wud be similar

I appreciate that, gonna screenshot this, will come in handy. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom