Dark Devil And Diesel Auto Grow

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MissBotany

MissBotany

First auto grow. Germinated in rapid rooters and moved to 3 gallon smart pots filled FFOF. All seedlings are 9 days from germination. They are vegging under a 4000k quantum board in a 24”x24” tent until they start to flower then they will be moved to the flower tent. 18/6 light schedule. Will introduce GH gro, micro and bloom at half strength the recommended application in about one week. I am anxiously waiting for HLG to restock their quantum boards so I can add 4 of them to the flower tent. I have been stalking their website for the past few months but NOTHING! I may call them today to see when they plan on restocking their 2700k or 3000k boards.

Dark Devil Strain info:
BREEDER Sweet Seeds
GENETICS Big Devil XL x Purple Kush Auto
VARIETY Indica / Sativa
FLOWERING TYPE Autoflowering
SEX Feminised
YIELD Indoors: 400-600gr/m2 and Outdoors: 50-200gr/plant
PLANT HEIGHT 80 - 130cm
GROWS Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 63 days max.
HARVEST MONTH Indoors/Outdoors: 8½ weeks after germination
TASTE / FLAVOUR Citrus, Fruity, Sweet
AWARDS 1st Prize, Auto of the Year, Soft Secrets – High Life Cup, 2014;
*the dark Devil should have around 22% THC with low CBD.

Diesel Strain info:
BREEDER Royal Queen Seeds
GENETICS New York City Diesel x Lowryder #2
VARIETY Indica / Sativa
FLOWERING TYPE Autoflowering
SEX Feminised
THC CONTENT 14%
CBD CONTENT 0-1%
YIELD Indoors: 325 - 375 gr/m2; Outdoors: 60 - 110 gr/plant
PLANT HEIGHT 40 - 110 cm
GROWS Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 8 - 9 weeks
TASTE / FLAVOUR Chemical, Diesel
EFFECT Cerebral

I plan to train these to grow in a circle/spiral to get equal light penetration. I would like to FIM the strongest plant but I am still undecided on that, it all depends on how they grow.

Dark devil and diesel auto grow
MissBotany

MissBotany

Right! That’s exactly why I switched my plants around and moved the autos under the quantum board to veg and my photos under the blurple. The qb is far superior in performance than the blurple, it’s almost laughable! My blurple led in the flower tent is okay for photos because I can take as long as I need to get them to the size I want but for autos I’m under a time constraint. I’ll only FIM one auto if I see I have a rapid grower.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Dark devil already promising a good show. Showing a little coloring already. This seedling will probably turn out to be a very purple/red pheno! The other one has red, but not as much. More good news, I’ll get to order my quantum boards this month and have them up and running probably in the beginning half of flowering.

94901255 7D07 4675 8E20 AF1EB9720AFF
MissBotany

MissBotany

They are called smart pots and are popular for growing. Basically they are just like pots with handles and can be moved around. One benefit that I really like and find useful is that air/oxygen gets to the roots because they are fabric. They also air prune the roots so they don’t get root bound. One last benefit (my personal favorite) is that the smart pots allow the soil to dry out and prevents root rot and gnats. If you do happen to over water all you have to do is place a fan so it blows on the pots and they dry out ASAP.

MissBotany

MissBotany

The smart pots come in all sizes from 1 gallon to 200 gallon, sometimes bigger! I’ve never had issues with disturbing the medium, they are actually the best pots for plants that don’t like their feet wet such as cannabis. You can flush just the same, no dirt will escape through the smart pot. Smart pots can be used indoors. I’ve used them before.

FIM stands for fuck I missed. I guess someone was attempting to top their plant and only cut off 75% of the main stem. Here’s a picture (not mine, pulled it off the internet). Supposedly this method could produce 4 or more main colas with only FIMing one time which is why it works best with autos. This will be my first time FIMing so I can’t speak on the results personally.

AC52D300 CE04 4611 ABA3 33706A03621E
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
The smart pots come in all sizes from 1 gallon to 200 gallon, sometimes bigger! I’ve never had issues with disturbing the medium, they are actually the best pots for plants that don’t like their feet wet such as cannabis. You can flush just the same, no dirt will escape through the smart pot. Smart pots can be used indoors. I’ve used them before.

FIM stands for fuck I missed. I guess someone was attempting to top their plant and only cut off 75% of the main stem. Here’s a picture (not mine, pulled it off the internet). Supposedly this method could produce 4 or more main colas with only FIMing one time which is why it works best with autos. This will be my first time FIMing so I can’t speak on the results personally.
Don’t fim it doesn’t give any positive results on autos, i speak from my personal experience, i love to experiment so i did that couple of times but haven’t seen any positive results. Lst is good. Supercropping and defoliation only if you really need it. They don’t comeback from fiming. But of course you can always try it yourself, just be aware you will probably be disappointed.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Don’t fim it doesn’t give any positive results on autos, i speak from my personal experience, i love to experiment so i did that couple of times but haven’t seen any positive results. Lst is good. Supercropping and defoliation only if you really need it. They don’t comeback from fiming. But of course you can always try it yourself, just be aware you will probably be disappointed.

I’ll take your advice, really don’t want to screw up the yield. Whatever I get from this auto grow will have to hold over until my next grow is done flowering. I’ll plan on just LST. Thanks!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I’ll take your advice, really don’t want to screw up the yield. Whatever I get from this auto grow will have to hold over until my next grow is done flowering. I’ll plan on just LST. Thanks!
If you are counting on this harvest i think you are better off with just lst. Good call.

Ina

Ina

the only thing you can't do to an auto is clone.
You can ,but you need many clones if the auto is fast.If you have 15,20 even if they start to flower soon you can make nice SoG:)This is GG auto clone,it could be bigger if I did it right,but I slow it down:)I,m going to use it only for seeds so we cant see how big cola it can make,but def with good planning you can clone them,you just need lots of clones just in case.If it is super auto the clone can get decent size!Second is someChampagne super auto(it was bonus seed but i'm starting to like how it grows,really easy),both cloned from the outdoor plants(and they are little bit stressed but) just to make few seeds on them,but if you plan this and do it right it could be done!Not the best example but still....I hope you don't mind if I post those two pics in your thread just for some kind of example?Or I will delete them right away!:)

IMG 5165
IMG 5168
Ina

Ina

Yes,pruning or whatever if you decide it is needed or makes sense in your space and conditions you can do it,i also don't see why not.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Autoflower plants have a limited life span, but allot of people think on there 60 day birthday they keel over and die, this is not true, I hate fan laeves, where does your flower grow? On fan leaves? No, on your branches, I want my branches in my light, the second the nodes on the fans go down I imedietley stop pruneing and grow my cola bud, the 4 sets of fans I left on the bottom of the plant will enlarge, allso my branch leaves will allmost double to compensate for the loss of fans, and when i stop pruneing there will be fans on the bottom and top, and my branches in the light, this is how I grow, I'm just doing it at a rapidly exelerated pace.

If that works for you, awesome. Fan leaves actually provide “food” for the plants. Pruning too many fan leaves can be detrimental but we also provide an abundance of nutrients that they wouldn’t get in their natural environment so you can get away with more extensive pruning in a controlled environment. I defoliate my photoperiods but just the big fan leaves blocking but sites. I also prune to prevent overlapping of fan leaves and to encourage air flow to help prevent powdery mildew. I won’t go too much into my specialty but it involves working with plants (not cannabis).

Autos require different attention and care than photos. I often find taking advice from experienced growers invaluable. I also listen to all advice for a more comprehensive understanding. Crimsonecho has prior experience growing autos and I have read what he said about FIMing autos from my own research too. That’s why I am taking his advice. Thank you everyone for your advice. Pocahontas, I feel like I’ve seen that picture before. Regardless, nice looking plant.

Last edited:
bicky studs

bicky studs

i havent grown autos but do a lot of scoping n reading growlogs.
i would not top or fim an auto from everything ive seen! maybe trim if space becomes an issue not l8 tho. dont wanna mess with there hormones:cry:

You can ,but you need many clones if the auto is fast.If you have 15,20 even if they start to flower soon you can make nice SoG:)This is GG auto clone,it could be bigger if I did it right,but I slow it down:)I,m going to use it only for seeds so we cant see how big cola it can make,but def with good planning you can clone them,you just need lots of clones just in case.If it is super auto the clone can get decent size!Second is someChampagne super auto(it was bonus seed but i'm starting to like how it grows,really easy),both cloned from the outdoor plants(and they are little bit stressed but) just to make few seeds on them,but if you plan this and do it right it could be done!Not the best example but still....I hope you don't mind if I post those two pics in your thread just for some kind of example?Or I will delete them right away!:)
nice.... so in theory they should finish same time as thier mums.... have u flowered any of ur auto clones before?

bicky studs

bicky studs

I never grew an autoflower, however i have been in touch with James from ck, on a scale of 1 to 10 there customer service is a 20, autoflowers do have a limited life span, but don't ever think that on day 60 they just keel over and die, james told me he grew an early miss plant that took 120 days, i was told it's fine to prune, he told me by day 50 at latest my plants should be toped of and in full flower, at this point i was told to completely flush plant add bloom base and enhancer and leave my plant alone under my bloom light, never prune when your plants are in flower, he allso told me if my plants are starting to flower i may be temtted to add a bit of flower base to help mmy plants along, Do Not Do This!!!!! I was told if you add flower base to an auto in veg your plants will imedietley and fore ever stop growing, I'm apologize to miss Botney my friend!!!!! But when I heard pruning is frowned upon I just could not understand, I have been pruneing since I started. Here is a pic of bbk, note not alot of fans plant was pruned extensively but what's wrong with it?? My flower has structure I love these plant but they are on the small side, I apologize miss Botney but yes you can hst your seedlings, and yes you can and should prune when nessasary, look at my big fat mainstream you just can't argue with results is all!!! Pic bbk by Pocahontas.
well that pot is nearly bigger that the plant. if height is not an issue that plant had way more potential.

bicky studs

bicky studs

If that works for you, awesome. Fan leaves actually provide “food” for the plants. Pruning too many fan leaves can be detrimental but we also provide an abundance of nutrients that they wouldn’t get in their natural environment so you can get away with more extensive pruning in a controlled environment. I defoliate my photoperiods but just the big fan leaves blocking but sites. I also prune to prevent overlapping of fan leaves and to encourage air flow to help prevent powdery mildew. I won’t go too much into my specialty but it involves working with plants (not cannabis).

Autos require different attention and care than photos. I often find taking advice from experienced growers invaluable. I also listen to all advice for a more comprehensive understanding. Crimsonecho has prior experience growing autos and I have read what he said about FIMing autos from my own research too. That’s why I am taking his advice. Thank you everyone for your advice. Pocahontas, I feel like I’ve seen that picture before. Regardless, nice looking plant.
i think @Toaster79 has auto experience too. hes helpfull n always about if u got questions

bicky studs

bicky studs

That bbk is in a 3 gal nursery pot, its just a small plant is all, I put my first my nycd in a 3 gal pot the plant was 18inc tall, 1 put the next 1 in a 2 gal pot it was 18 inc, I have had plants in 3gal pots tat were 4ft tall it all depends on what you are growing and how much the plant will strech, I can tell my NL is not a small plant.
just an observation:D find pot size to plant size interesting.

these 4 were in 1gal pots ...but not autos and dtw, totally different story
IMG 2963

Top Bottom