Dark Devil And Diesel Auto Grow

• Thread starter MissBotany
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ina

Ina

i havent grown autos but do a lot of scoping n reading growlogs.
i would not top or fim an auto from everything ive seen! maybe trim if space becomes an issue not l8 tho. dont wanna mess with there hormones:cry:

nice.... so in theory they should finish same time as thier mums.... have u flowered any of ur auto clones before?
No,these are my first try,i wanted to keep some genes however i can:)They are also confused from the light and everything but i have one outside with the mom,i think it flowers with her now,i should go and see what is going on and I will send you a pic if you are interested.I think It could be done lot better with nice result if you have many of them and nice setup.I was even thinking to cut hole plant to many independent cuts. I imagine good SoG,i guess it depends on the auto.....I decided to try because I heard that they sell auto clones in Spain(strange,i'm also assuming they will stay too little?!),i was really curious what will happen,i know they will root somehow but after that?!:)Yes,i also think they flower fast like the mom but they grow a little before that. most of them will stay dwarfs I guess but who knows,at least it is interesting:)

MissBotany

MissBotany

Dark devil #1 has pistils and the diesel are beginning to smell like, well, cannabis :) they are definitely going to be the stinky ones of the group. I love that smell, skunk, freshness, and new growth. I also began training by tying them down. My goal is to train them in a circle. Wish I could have my own farm.... maybe one day!

Necromancer

Necromancer

DD by sweet should be a very nice plant, i work with her predecessor. I learned that you should not top or fim but some people do it with success..i personally wouldn't unless i had an abundance of seeds. One tip someone gave me a long time ago by the name "Rebel" was not to germ my auto seeds in rapid rooters or rockwool to the point where the root pushes out the bottom and through the sides because autoflowers tap root likes to go straight down to the bottom of the pot before flowering and when this is disrupted by the rockwool or rapod rooter it tends to trigger flowering quicker leaving you with a smaller plant.

MissBotany

MissBotany

DD by sweet should be a very nice plant, i work with her predecessor. I learned that you should not top or fim but some people do it with success..i personally wouldn't unless i had an abundance of seeds. One tip someone gave me a long time ago by the name "Rebel" was not to germ my auto seeds in rapid rooters or rockwool to the point where the root pushes out the bottom and through the sides because autoflowers tap root likes to go straight down to the bottom of the pot before flowering and when this is disrupted by the rockwool or rapod rooter it tends to trigger flowering quicker leaving you with a smaller plant.
That’s really interesting about the autos and rapid rooters. Luckily I put the rapid rooters in their permanent homes before the tap root burst through. I was going to FIM because I read that they bounce back faster from that than topping but I decided against since I am counting on this grow and it’s my first auto grow. If I grow autos again, I might FIM when I have room to make a few errors.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Day 24. Back two are dark devil and front two are diesel. I threw the bubblelicious in there (center pot) to veg since I ran out of room in my veg tent. The diesel on the right is staying very compact and has crappy side branching. I had to defoliate to get light penetration. I did remove a few of the larger fan leaves on the others but only the ones blocking bud sites. Both dark devil and the diesel on the left have preflowers, I need to double check the diesel on the right for pistils.

9BBC2061 D969 498C BF8C D9C0A3E21810
MissBotany

MissBotany

I finally ordered four hlg 120 quantum boards 3000k for the flower tent. I'm going to build a frame out of aluminum channeling and have it fit around the current LED in the flower tent. With the hlg-240h-c2100, i'll get an extra 280watts max added to my current flower lights. This is my DIY project but i'll have help if needed along the way to make sure I don't wire incorrectly.

MissBotany

MissBotany

The smaller diesel auto is still not flowering, it is also very compact and growing slow so I’m thinking it may not be an auto. The seeds were free as part of a bitcoin promo and didn’t come in the the original breeder pack. There is a good chance it’s not an auto so I gave it a good defoliation to expose a lot growth that was blocked by fan leaves and put her back under the quantum board in the veg tent to see if she grows better under that light.

So far I still prefer photoperiods because I like the control I have over the veg time and I like to train my plants. Autos do grow new calyxes extremely fast and I am impressed at the rate they grow.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Day 33 for all autos.
Dark Devil #1 is larger and is the pheno with red coloring. Her calyxes are starting to turn red. Dark Devil #2 is smaller and will probably be the green pheno which is 20% of dark devils. From what I read, the green pheno is actually much more potent but only time will tell. The pistils on these plants are out of control.

I had to turn the inline fan on with the carbon filter today as the smell was starting to seep to other parts of the house.

The RQS diesel is a much slower plant to flower.

Also, I am having a much more difficult time controling humidity this grow, it’s hovering around 60% with the inline fan and dehumidifier running. I think the plants like it though because the dark devil flower growth, I swear, nearly doubled over night but it could just be the ruderalis genetics. I’m watching them closely for PM and keeping circulation in check.

Pics 1-3 are dark devil and last picture is the diesel.

FDE85AC5 F422 4E2D B9A5 82BE4EAA8188
147A92AE CCA0 4949 A3E9 7ADEEC0C38FB
1D11DD47 E069 4898 AD1B 66F9C55AF09D
C2E0194F 2FD8 4BC0 931A 05E031ACE52E
Last edited:
SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Well I Grew a few last year and have some going this year(Autos) .. I germinate them the same way,But i plant them Immediatly into thier final home. avoiding any transplant stress and all the research i did Told me Autos
don't like fimming or topping ..

MissBotany

MissBotany

I chose not to top or fim these plants. I read a lot of info and the general consensus was to avoid topping and fimming. The diesel could probably hold up pretty well if topped/fimmed because it took a good 4 weeks for it to start flowering. The dark devil would have suffered if topped/fimmed because it started flowering about 2.5 weeks after germination.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Day 38.
rH 63%
Temp 81f

The two dark devil should be ready by day 60-70. The larger dark devil (back left) is the red pheno. The smaller dark devil (back right) is the green pheno and has more trichomes than the red pheno. The diesel in the front left is much slower and grows like a photo in terms of veg time. It will probably be closer to 90 days. So far I am very happy with the dark devil and how fast they went into flower and their growth rate. Most people buy autos for their speed and the dark devil defiantly holds true to that.

378AF48C C657 4924 AF9E 4010E06C7807
MissBotany

MissBotany

Day 43.

Dark devil red pheno is really starting to show her colors. I am still amazed at how quick these are! 20ish more days until harvest. The trichomes are clear and cloudy and the stalks are a deep red. I’ll have to get a picture of the trichomes soon. The buds will dry to an almost black color when it’s all said and done.

73986CCA 2E8B 43C8 87DF 2073A7CCC8C8
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Day 43 dark devil green pheno. She has a calcium deficiency and a slight phosphorus deficiency which I’ll correct next time they get watered. I’ve been relaxed on the micro since I was afraid of going overboard.
I don’t see a calcium def :) it looks nice.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
It’s on bottom half of the plant.

It’s social media, people only post pictures of the good things ;) I need to post a picture of the diesel auto that turned into a big disappointment.
This calcium thing is somewhat a controversy as i had some arguments about it with people here but calcium is immobile because it is incorporated in the cells, if its the old leaves showing the symptoms and it is spreading around the older parts it is probably not Ca or you have already corrected it if new growth is fine.
Post it up i love seeing trainwrecks :)

MissBotany

MissBotany

My dark devil green pheno is starting to get red coloring on the calyxes. So I guess she is now officially dark devil red pheno #2.

Top Bottom