Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Xhale

Xhale

Day 131  should i  harvest
Hi all xperts

My 1st post, coming from the Southern Hemisphere. My babe is about 131 days old. She’s about 1.75m tall and stopped stretching maybe 2-3. weeks ago. Her white fibers showed up about 49 days ago (so flowering for 7 weeks).

I’m not Xperienced at spotting trichomes (cheap ass magnifying glass does not help). The buds still seem to have too many white fibers to my inXperienced eye.

Tomorrow is a blue moon so I’m thinking I should harvest. What do you think. Here are some photos taken today and last 3 days.

Day 131  should i  harvest 2
Day 131  should i  harvest 3
Day 131  should i  harvest 4
Monster762

Monster762

View attachment 788768 Hi all xperts

My 1st post, coming from the Southern Hemisphere. My babe is about 131 days old. She’s about 1.75m tall and stopped stretching maybe 2-3. weeks ago. Her white fibers showed up about 49 days ago (so flowering for 7 weeks).

I’m not Xperienced at spotting trichomes (cheap ass magnifying glass does not help). The buds still seem to have too many white fibers to my inXperienced eye.

Tomorrow is a blue moon so I’m thinking I should harvest. What do you think. Here are some photos taken today and last 3 days.
Looking pretty good. Yes I would wait til your white fibers ( pistils) start turning Darker. More than likely they’ll turn reddish brown and start pulling back toward the swelling of the buds. Different strains n environment can have different colors but white means not ready. Is the plant still producing a lot of new white pistils ? 7 weeks early for almost all strains. I’d look more toward at least 9-10 weeks flower on that plant. Don’t rush. You’ll be amazed how that cola will fill out in next few weeks.
Do you know the strain?
And what are you using for flower food? At this point you should be high potassium ,moderate phosphorus ,zero nitrogen. And 2 weeks before you chop only run clean water. Most importantly dry slow. All your time can be wasted by not drying properly at the end. Overall answer to your question is don’t chop. Wait few weeks. I got a cheap $11 magnifier that straps to any phone that works real good on amazon. Hope this helps it got here next day too
F4690C79 12B9 4BCD 83D1 3452ECFB2BC6

BudBogart

BudBogart

Nice looking girls. They look way too early. Those white hairs called pistils will start darkening and shrinking back into the swelling calex before she is done and ready to harvest. Until then I wouldnt even bother checking trichome color with a magnifier.

Xhale

Xhale

I have no clue what the seed is. this is from a handful of seeds that I stored. I eventually got off my stoned ass and planted them:) culled the males in early feb.

by the way, the plant has fully formed seeds, they started popping out of the seed pouches last week. I read somewhere that if you have seeds on the plant, then you can harvest when the seeds are ready. any thoughts?

Nugg

Nugg

My 2 cents..no..look for the small balls on the bud leaf..not the orange hairs..if they are clear..wait..they will turn cloudy,milky looking??.. wait about 10 days after that...they will start to turn red color..I pull when about 10% turn red..

Xhale

Xhale

Watch the tall ones, Sativa's become top heavy when they bud up and are prone to toppling.

Yep ;) the tallest bud was standing at 1.8m or so(just shorter than me). She now leaning over like a drunk skunk. Should I be worried about the lean? There seems no danger of the stem snapping now, and the lower buds are leaning about 10-15cm above the ground, I expect the only worry now is that these should not touch the ground.

Only worry aside from the 2 Neighbours.

chemistry

chemistry

Yep, that's the problem I had, as the buds got fatter, the stems would bend and the buds would touch the floor, so now I cage them just as they start to lean, just keeps them tidy, because once the fall over, you cant get them to sit back up how they were. From your Sunday's pix you can see your buds will triple in weight, it's just a little insurance against a minor tragedy.

chemistry

chemistry

WOW! These are already the biggest buds that I have personally touched!!!

You still have a lot of white hairs, so you still have a while to go yet before harvest, and all the time the buds get fatter.

Xhale

Xhale

My friends, thank you for the advice in this thread. I scored such a huge harvest in the middle of May, dried and cured without any problems over 6 weeks. And most importantly: I shared with over 20 friends and their friends!
Potent mofo weed!!!!

It was bag Seeds collected over last winter, so I named them:
Mothi Bhen (big sister)
Evil Ghalla (pain in the neck)
BC (the entire plant fit in a Black Cat peanut butter bottle)

Now we can legally do this since last week, 18 September!

Privacy laws for the win!!!!

06430AB9 AC57 4E41 A83E C183EA18227B
Xhale

Xhale

Bump. I am pleased to introduce you to Mothi Bhens grandchild

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
My friends, thank you for the advice in this thread. I scored such a huge harvest in the middle of May, dried and cured without any problems over 6 weeks. And most importantly: I shared with over 20 friends and their friends!
Potent mofo weed!!!!

It was bag Seeds collected over last winter, so I named them:
Mothi Bhen (big sister)
Evil Ghalla (pain in the neck)
BC (the entire plant fit in a Black Cat peanut butter bottle)

Now we can legally do this since last week, 18 September!

Privacy laws for the win!!!!
Nice out come well done .

Latest posts

Top Bottom