De'carbing An "everclear" Tincture

• Thread starter Dan789
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

Hey everyone, sure this has never happened to you, but it did me. I put dried bud into an "everclear" solution with the idea of stripping the THC out, the wrinkle is i failed to decarb it first.
So 60 days later I've strained the everclear/THC-a out of the herb and wanted to know if anyone's tried what I'm presently doin?
Got the idea that it's not a risk free situation, and am not using flame of any sort to raise the alcohol/tincture temp to where I can start the decarbing process.

Dan789

Dan789

Found out that alcohol doesn't boil off at 140', like I read somewhere. Via the slow cooker and water bath the tincture is at 150' and not boiling off yet.

Dan789

Dan789

Three hours in at 180' starting to see boil off starting.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

What about just evaping it the air dry way. Decarb extract. Then add back to fresh ethanol and enjoy the tinc I dont remember the time for a soaking decarb takes. Maybe at skunkfarm.com or I think there's a new website now. I forgot.

Dan789

Dan789

Basically reduced by 17%, four hours between 160-180', has to be better than original result. Will test the product tonight. Might go to a full alcohol recovery but was leery of heating the everclear. Not as concerned after this successful trial/experiment. Just wanted to be extra cautious so I wasn't having to call the fire department, awkward.

IMG 3196

Latest posts

Top Bottom