Deficiencies Or Nute Burn?

• Thread starter deadcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deadcat

deadcat

This looks like a deficiency or nutrient burn? One of the leaves has purple discoloration on it. On the left side.

Deficiencies or nute burn
TikTok

TikTok

Looks like PH to me? What's the ppm looking like when you're feeding?

H

HelixFertili

If it is indeed deficiency, then the purple discoloration is a typical P deficiency symptom. The new leaves shriveling could be a Ca and/or Boron deficiency since they are immobile and not translocated from mature leaves. But ensure all other factors pH, disease, temp, light are correct before doing anything with nutrients. Good luck.

S

Skipo

4DAC26E3 933E 42DE 9E9B 4D406DEDF1CE
EB755220 9415 4DC8 A6E0 5E7452D14C10
So I have some light green growth coming from the flower sites. Fed them yesterday and they lightened up a bit today. I am using FFOF but the soil is almost 2 weeks old since the last transplant. I am trying to do an organic feed this time and avoid synthetics if possible to see the difference. Last night I fed them bat guano, with molasses, epsom salt, and ogbiowar Nute, root, and foliar packs. Any idea what’s causing this?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
View attachment 858919 View attachment 858920 So I have some light green growth coming from the flower sites. Fed them yesterday and they lightened up a bit today. I am using FFOF but the soil is almost 2 weeks old since the last transplant. I am trying to do an organic feed this time and avoid synthetics if possible to see the difference. Last night I fed them bat guano, with molasses, epsom salt, and ogbiowar Nute, root, and foliar packs. Any idea what’s causing this?

Thats a lot of nutrients. I find less is more in most cases. Unless you are having a particular issue with your growing medium i'd keep it as simple as you can.

By adding boosters and additives on top you risk introducing issues into your grow, which is exactly what the hydro shops want because it'll keep you coming back for more bottles.

The best cannabis isn't grown with lots of additives.

Some on occasion are ok as long as you know what they are doing and that it will benefit your ecosystem, but adding boosters because the bottle says so isn't a good idea. You can easily create a hostile environment doing this.

With that being said your plants look fine so far. Keep an eye on them and adjust accordingly. I find most issues are attributed to too many nutrients. I rarely see plants suffering from too little nutrients.

S

Skipo

Thats a lot of nutrients. I find less is more in most cases. Unless you are having a particular issue with your growing medium i'd keep it as simple as you can.

By adding boosters and additives on top you risk introducing issues into your grow, which is exactly what the hydro shops want because it'll keep you coming back for more bottles.

Some on occasion are ok as long as you know what they are doing and that it will benefit your ecosystem, but adding boosters because the bottle says so isn't a good idea. You can easily create a hostile environment doing this.

With that being said your plants look fine so far. Keep an eye on them and adjust accordingly. I find most issues are attributed to too many nutrients. I rarely see plants suffering from too little nutrients.
The reason I initially thought to give them a feeding was bc I had my light moved closer about 5 days ago and they immediately lightened up a lot actually. I moved the light up a bit and they started to recover a bit. I guess I just thought they might could use a kick. Feed them very light feedings and tbh I thought that using what I am using wasn’t the same thing as bottled nutrients from a Nute company...I’m just trying to learn and understand the process, so just trying to be as thorough as possible to cover every angle. These are the pics from when I first moved the light closer to them. The one that’s worse is the first day before I moved the light, the other is the next day I’m pretty sure
45F7FA3D 492D 4C50 86CC 908DCFEF8F1E
19AD1A9F D643 45D1 B4A1 37B9D21148F2

S

Skipo

The reason I initially thought to give them a feeding was bc I had my light moved closer about 5 days ago and they immediately lightened up a lot actually. I moved the light up a bit and they started to recover a bit. I guess I just thought they might could use a kick. Feed them very light feedings and tbh I thought that using what I am using wasn’t the same thing as bottled nutrients from a Nute company...I’m just trying to learn and understand the process, so just trying to be as thorough as possible to cover every angle. These are the pics from when I first moved the light closer to them. The one that’s worse is the first day before I moved the light, the other is the next day I’m pretty sureView attachment 858938View attachment 858939
I had not fed them any nutrients at this point

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The light green could have been from accelerated growth. As they grow new shoots they tend to start out lighter green and then within a day or two they go darker. The reason I say this is because the light green isn't limited to just the top, it is also down lower in the plant.

S

Skipo

The light green could have been from accelerated growth. As they grow new shoots they tend to start out lighter green and then within a day or two they go darker. The reason I say this is because the light green isn't limited to just the top, it is also down lower in the plant.
Appreciate it!

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

This only happens because N trans locates faster than Ca does in a plant. Those light green growths are lacking Ca and is why they are light green. Just an FYI.

Foliar some Ca, OP. Feed that girl!

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
FYI, if you have proper Ca levels you will be shooting 7-9 leaves.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

@Skipo , I agree wholeheartedly with @JWM2 that light green color is from the quick growth seen at the initiation of flowering. And @Bulldog420 is totally right with the reason why that happens. So the OG Biowar nute pack is good, but it is not going to immediately available to the plants.

How did you apply all of those nutrients? Did you brew them all in a tea together or did you apply the OG Biowar products and epsom slats dry?

This is the time when I personally like to use a liquid PK boost; I use liquid calcium throughout the grow because I am using filtered water, but some liquid calcium, or a calcium foliar spray would be helpful for you now. I like Roots Organics HPK for a bit of a boost in Phosphorus and Potassium. You can use as little as 5mL per gallon for good effect, I usually use 10mL. Use it as little as once a week and it will still show its efficacy. But any organic PK boost will help. I suggest liquid because they typically contain more immediately available nutrients than powdered nutrients.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

This should be the the prologue to the growers handbook.

I never used a booster or addatives of any kind besides base nutrients for years with excellent harvests. Even now I'm only using one addative besides base nutrients. They're mostly unnecessary and often harmful.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This only happens because N trans locates faster than Ca does in a plant. Those light green growths are lacking Ca and is why they are light green. Just an FYI.

Foliar some Ca, OP. Feed that girl!

That could be partly the reason, but also young shoots dont have as many chloroplasts producing chlorophyll, so they lack the deep green that mature plant tissue has when photosynthesis is in full production.

I personally wouldn't add more Ca. I dont see any other signs of Ca- like small brown spots or anything.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

I am from the less is more school of thought, and I don't really use many nutrients at all. Foxfarm is typically pretty hot and I've seen a lot of growers burn their ladies by adding nutrients and fertilizers to it. I use the same soil from start to finish and haven't had any problems at all. I just use regular 20-20-20 fertilizer every 10 days, some wood ashes and compost/manure in the promix...and that's pretty much it. All of those extras can upset the balance of nutrients or possibly burn the plants/roots. Your plants look pretty good for the most part and I would hold off on feeding them until they show signs of being hungry. Some nutrients, when overloaded in the soil, can cause purple streaking. Not the same as stems turning purple from sun/light exposure, more like veins of purple running along the stems. Keep up the good work!

S

Skipo

I am from the less is more school of thought, and I don't really use many nutrients at all. Foxfarm is typically pretty hot and I've seen a lot of growers burn their ladies by adding nutrients and fertilizers to it. I use the same soil from start to finish and haven't had any problems at all. I just use regular 20-20-20 fertilizer every 10 days, some wood ashes and compost/manure in the promix...and that's pretty much it. All of those extras can upset the balance of nutrients or possibly burn the plants/roots. Your plants look pretty good for the most part and I would hold off on feeding them until they show signs of being hungry. Some nutrients, when overloaded in the soil, can cause purple streaking. Not the same as stems turning purple from sun/light exposure, more like veins of purple running along the stems. Keep up the good work!
@Jimster @Dirtbag @Smoking Gun @Bulldog420 @JMW2 alright alright good info. Lights will be on soon and i’ll Post some follow ups. For the record, I am new to growing and to forums. This was the first that was recommended. It’s cool that you guys are here to help people. Good vibes

Top Bottom