Defoiliating During Flowering

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'll settle for simple politeness, or even a Mod that follows the rules the site calls for. I've never been of a site that a Mod says a members is being "Douchie", and its accepted as ok.
You are kind of a whiner. You need to put on some big boy pants.
Go cry about that.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I've been growing for almost 10 years. I've read countless books, videos and so on, but I didn't learn to grow until I actually started growing. If your not actually growing and just throwing around what you've read, then you have much to learn IMO.. Happy growing!

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been growing for almost 10 years. I've read countless books, videos and so on, but I didn't learn to grow until I actually started growing. If your not actually growing and just throwing around what you've read, then you have much to learn IMO.. Happy growing!
Exactly before I started I read every book I could buy and failed miserably I had to learn from my mistakes . to this day I am always learning by doing I hang with some pretty killer growers here and I absorb all they have to say and put it to the test for myself not saying I don't trust them but growing is like cooking its an art of science but art none the less everyone does it different what I cook won't always be the best meal to you but to me its perfect

H

HighResin

I've been growing for 5years and finished 35to 40 grows and I can tell you from my experience you yourself are doing the science behind the plants when your growing and I truly believe the longer your growing and learning and experimentation is taken place your totally doing the science and is the FACT and Truth,however that science work and factual work and Truth I guess is only yours because people don't even trust a picture or a video or anything anymore unless there actually there and have witnessed every detail from start to finish,some people just aren't happy unless there's a mile long list of documents to prove something anymore,why can't people just except that there's more ways to skin a cat and if you want to do it fine but stop all the proof,science,fact,truth BS I read all the post on this thread and guess what it comes down to there's more's ways than your own so get over yourselves,and just have fun growing,learning because at the end of the day that's where the fun is.

jackwhite

jackwhite

Well I was sent to the principles office for "trolling" on this post so now my account is slow and not working correctly. i guess thats my punishment ...Order 56 is now ready
happy growing everyone!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I'll settle for simple politeness, or even a Mod that follows the rules the site calls for. I've never been of a site that a Mod says a members is being "Douchie", and its accepted as ok.
Lol:D

xenon730

xenon730

on defoliation; are some leaves more valuable than others seems to be the crucial question. if the smaller leaves around the buds feed those buds directly, it probably makes sense to remove storage food for mainline bud food. especially because this plant won't need that storage, it could even speed up flush allowing for more feed days. i have never defoliated but i wouldn't dismiss it as quickly as others do because it's "meant" to be there or whatever. I've switched to one clone for a little and can easily do a side by side. I'm just in week 4 of solid 60 day girls, I'll defoliate the smaller one now.

edit: and done. man that felt bad. left the top 3 as that seemed to have become the main argument. i could have left two in the shade but took them for science. I'm not sure I'll upload a bunch of pics but I'll upload any that matter as time goes on in a thread if/when it becomes worth one.

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
As do I...

Keep in mind, leaves are not storage for nutrients, as its incapable. A leaf's sole functions are to encourage transpiration, manufacture G3P (sugars), Amino Acids & Proteins, and Hormones. Nowhere in the leaf itself stores nutrients.

After the the photosynthetic processes, Osmosis carries these from what are called "source cells" to "sink cells", in the roots and shoots. Only in sink cells do you find the plant has the ability for storage.

I'd be careful on whom you get help..
You are completely wrong. Nutrients are stored in leaves.
The guru, Ed Rosenthal states this many times in his books, if you need a "source". As a matter of fact Ed Rosenthal believes that the nutrients stored in the leaf are essential for flowering usage.

xenon730

xenon730

As do I...

Keep in mind, leaves are not storage for nutrients, as its incapable. A leaf's sole functions are to encourage transpiration, manufacture G3P (sugars), Amino Acids & Proteins, and Hormones. Nowhere in the leaf itself stores nutrients.

After the the photosynthetic processes, Osmosis carries these from what are called "source cells" to "sink cells", in the roots and shoots. Only in sink cells do you find the plant has the ability for storage.

I'd be careful on whom you get help..
youre taking a quip from part of the argument and educating me on it. it doesnt represent my knowledge and i know what leaves do. but part of this argument is to not remove the fan leaves because the plant can translocate nutrients from it and so it is no deficit(from one of the videos from one of the threads on here about this).

you're also not correct as it's well known that leaves store nutrients. what do you think the yellowing is from during a nitrogen deficiency? it's the nitrogen being pulled out of "storage"(for the semantic argument incoming) and using it for new foliage.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I don't really care if you say I'm wrong or right at this point, as I know I am.
I will just refer you to:
I recommend starting here...

Lmao! You've done a completely through job of living up to your screen name.
It is it's kind of obvious at this point that you're really just a troll. In your own special way.

xenon730

xenon730

Yellowing is called chlorosis, and occurs when chlorophyll is no longer within the leaf.
well i don't care about that argument and wasnt referencing it so. my point was to acknowledge the popular argument on the topic and i did that. you may carry on but I'm not going to be replying.

xenon730

xenon730

sorry about that @xenon730 , I was just trying to help
no you were trying to start a mostly semantic argument on a topic you have some personal thing with. i don't like bs or mindgames so just be real about what you're doing. you know, or should know, what's considered accurate scientifically to the growing community(nutrient translocation)with your experience and that means you're just being inflammatory.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Lets just take a moment and look at my current La Conf grow. end of week 4 & Beg of week 5. Lets roll some fire and enjoy this night..GO PATS!!
Puff puff pass....

I'll be taking out the trash on this thread real soon.

Peace

Top Bottom