Defoiliating During Flowering

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Does anyone know how White widow,pineapple haze handles Defol as that's what I have for the next to grows and I really want to do the full Jungleboys stripping
Can I suggest doing only one branch the first time you run it, find out if it's stable and able to handle it.
Then, next run, you can go full tilt.

I always ease my plants into training, I never just go to cutting on them out of the blue, unless it's a cut I've ran before.

Peace

H

HighResin

Can I suggest doing only one branch the first time you run it, find out if it's stable and able to handle it.
Then, next run, you can go full tilt.

I always ease my plants into training, I never just go to cutting on them out of the blue, unless it's a cut I've ran before.

Peace
@ShroomKing good idea I'm gonna do a mild on 6 WW and 6PH I have in veg to see how they do.i have 10 days before I flip so should I do them now or wait until week 3 in flower

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I have a feeling you'll be pleasantly suprised at the quality of your lowers compared to your uppers at the end.
Time will tell I have plenty of it my Father said he takes a shade leaf of each side of the cola but only around the 5 week of flower he grows outdoors and it's got to do with the angels of light coming through in the afternoon sun as it sets , he has been toying with the idea for 30 odd years again I'm open to new ideas hell Ive got a lot of old ideas that work really well I'm sure some of the new players have never heard of that's what good about this site and if you only growing for self use or small sales no big deal if you don't pull it off there plenty more seed to start and clones to strike and lessons to be learnt .

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Time will tell I have plenty of it my Father said he takes a shade leaf of each side of the cola but only around the 5 week of flower he grows outdoors and it's got to do with the angels of light coming through in the afternoon sun as it sets , he has been toying with the idea for 30 odd years again I'm open to new ideas hell Ive got a lot of old ideas that work really well I'm sure some of the new players have never heard of that's what good about this site and if you only growing for self use or small sales no big deal if you don't pull it off there plenty more seed to start and clones to strike and lessons to be learnt .

Exactly.

There's a million different ways to grow. Choose 1 and learn from it.

If you fail there's always more seeds to pop.

It's like an art, have fun with your painting

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes I love the art of growing its the first thing my wife says to its where art meets science I've learnt so much throug the first indoor grow which I only gave it a 7 out of 10 , this round I got the lollipoping down a little light I can see but I'm going to do 2 harvest I can see the smaller well developing buds will go a bit longer , but for what I have hanging on top is 3 x the amount that the last grow so I can see the pruning out the bottoms really works leaving everything else to the 5 node .

gwheels

gwheels

I love when an old post answers all my questions. Tomorrow early AM i will do some trimming of my plants in 2nd week in flower. I want to remove some of that lower popcorn shit that will just turn yellow anyway :D

FunkyBokBok

FunkyBokBok

on defoliation; are some leaves more valuable than others seems to be the crucial question. if the smaller leaves around the buds feed those buds directly, it probably makes sense to remove storage food for mainline bud food. especially because this plant won't need that storage, it could even speed up flush allowing for more feed days. i have never defoliated but i wouldn't dismiss it as quickly as others do because it's "meant" to be there or whatever. I've switched to one clone for a little and can easily do a side by side. I'm just in week 4 of solid 60 day girls, I'll defoliate the smaller one now.

edit: and done. man that felt bad. left the top 3 as that seemed to have become the main argument. i could have left two in the shade but took them for science. I'm not sure I'll upload a bunch of pics but I'll upload any that matter as time goes on in a thread if/when it becomes worth one.
Did you ever record how yours turned out? Also what strain they were? Not to kick a dead horse here....

Kiwichick

Kiwichick

If I had a dollar for everytime these so called pot authors were wrong in there books.......I wouldn't need to grow pot. I've seen defoliating most every leaf work like a charm. My low yields top 2 a light.....so people can take there "youtube jockey" status and shove it. That being said it is strain dependent. Every grow room is a different environment......only makes sense that every grow room will have its own set of parameters that need to be addressed. You can't dial in your room with a fucking book.....or youtube. It's called experience. I have taken and passed horticulture production and botany classes at collegiate level and I can honestly tell you I have taught myself way more than a text book will provide you. You can go to college your whole life and still be a moron when you step out in the real world with real problems.
Sheesh go smoke something, you’ve got an attitude problem. No one was asking you for your nasty reply!

Eleven13FromSeed

Eleven13FromSeed

Good thread. I find it very therapeutic as well as a time to bond with the plants while defoliating. I have some grow experience, but not nearly enough to call myself an expert on the subject. Like someone said earlier in the thread there are many ways to skin a cat. I personally have had good luck with it, but I also think you can go overboard too early if you defoliate heavily asap from seed. I did that as a test and had a couple hermy in early to mid flower...they were gorgeous and I wanted to keep them but I killed them because I didn't want any drama.

Latest posts

Top Bottom