Defoliate Or Don't?

• Thread starter KlipschGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

Keep reading online that taking some leaves as you flick in to flower then at three weeks does them good and increases yeild etc.

My avatar is a test tent I run to try different methods. Plant on the left I pulled leaves on week one and week three, the one on the right was left to do as it pleased.

Both the same strain etc. The one I trimmed seems to have deformed and went a bit nuts. It doesn't look as ready as the one I left alone, buds ain't as hard as the hairs have taken longer to turn brown. When it's weighed up in a few weeks, I'll let the grow log know the weight difference.

New2dagame

New2dagame

Keep reading online that taking some leaves as you flick in to flower then at three weeks does them good and increases yeild etc.

My avatar is a test tent I run to try different methods. Plant on the left I pulled leaves on week one and week three, the one on the right was left to do as it pleased.

Both the same strain etc. The one I trimmed seems to have deformed and went a bit nuts. It doesn't look as ready as the one I left alone, buds ain't as hard as the hairs have taken longer to turn brown. When it's weighed up in a few weeks, I'll let the grow log know the weight difference.
I'll b waiting for results. Thx for Sharing. Happy grow

S

Shawnery

When you defoliate the plant uses energy meant for flowering for vegetative growth.

Right?

The reason the one left alone is ready to go and the defoliated one is still growing.

Right?

K

kansabis

That's true it does steal some energy but I defoliate very minimally in flower and try to do most of my shaping in veg,only reason to defoliate indoors is for light penetration issues and their are methods and better lights that can help avoid too much leaf pulling.

Jamesb1985

Jamesb1985

When you defoliate the plant uses energy meant for flowering for vegetative growth.

Right?

The reason the one left alone is ready to go and the defoliated one is still growing.

Right?

Apparently they don't grow back after week 4 but yeah that's pretty sound reasoning.

S

Shawnery

I can tell you from personal experience this is not true at all. I've been defoliation basically my entire flowering period because I planted to many girls for a scrog. They've been growing back like wild fire. So either ita different for everyone or that is incorrect information?

K

kansabis

The same leaves don't grow back but the secondary leaves will grow larger to makeup for the loss and more smaller leaves will grow too.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I just stared a new rack, day 11 bloom, not going to defoliate at all and I'm going to see if I see a difference. I did lollipop in veg tho.
20171116 181520

S

Shawnery

I just stared a new rack, day 11 bloom, not going to defoliate at all and I'm going to see if I see a difference. I did lollipop in veg tho.View attachment 758123
You ever consider using the thin shiny packing material on the walls and Windows? I have to assume that would make a big difference on the edges and down low.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I've looked at reflective material but there's 2 x 1000 watt lights in there, only about 10 x 14 room.

S

Shawnery

I get that but that material you got hanging up is just sucking up the light

Top Bottom