Defoliation Advice

• Thread starter Cory B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cory B

Cory B

Just ended week four of flower. Should I defoliate, if so how much should I take. This is my first grow and it makes me nervous to start pulling leaves like crazy.

Defoliation advice
Defoliation advice 2
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

usually they lollipop about two weeks before flower.

Just ended week four of flower. Should I defoliate, if so how much should I take. This is my first grow and it makes me nervous to start pulling leaves like crazy.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Trim large older fan leaves. Especially if they are shading a bud site. Don’t pull a bunch of leaves off at once. Do about half, wait a few days, then finish up. You would normally do this about week 3 of flower. Looking good for your first grow. Nice work.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
first grow? you're lookin' great. i wouldn't touch them. you've cleaned out enough for good circulation below. remember that your leaves are your "solar panels." the best plants are as stress-free as possible throughout their lives.

lemons

lemons

under 400w it seems like week 4/5 goin in an taking fans out that were totally shading bud sites seemed to help yield. that may have diminishing effects when bigger lights are at play, not sure.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Shot in the dark here, is that Sweet Tooth 4 (clone only) Looks just like it. You have the tuch mah man!
I never defoliate, EXCEPT under a SCROG, and the very bottom set or 2.
Cutting off the solar panels that feed the buds. I will tuck them undert the trellis tho

Cory B

Cory B

Shot in the dark here, is that Sweet Tooth 4 (clone only) Looks just like it. You have the tuch mah man!
I never defoliate, EXCEPT under a SCROG, and the very bottom set or 2.
Cutting off the solar panels that feed the buds. I will tuck them undert the trellis tho
Yeah I've been just going in and tucking leaves instead of pulling them. They are not sweet tooth, I was told they were bc hash X grimace cross.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Nice cross! Have you tried any?
They grow very similar to the ST4 cut.
Heres a couple lights of 2 strains (I'm pretty sure I've posted em before, but 2 per light on Tagoe, and far more on the other. There was a time I'd cut everything below a certain level, as well as taking off fan leaves. I never had the quality, quantity colors, etc...as I did by letting the buds get their sugars from the fans. I do cut "sucker branches" as they cause popcorn, and I'm not a fan of trimming.
The last 2-3 weeks, as the fans start to fade, the buds will really swell in ya. Good luck, and don't hesitate if you have any questions. I'm sure you'll get both good, and bad advice. Ya just gotya weed thru.

Aeggdiaf 1
20140612 202044
Top Bottom