deny watering last week of flower

• Thread starter bigAl25
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

You'd be surprised at the lengths a business will go thru to keep and bring in more business.

A few growers set up PSI labs here in michigan. Took 1 cola, cut it in 3 pieces. Sent as 3 different strains. ALL came back with different thc%. Iirc 20, 25, 32%. All from the same 1 cola. So I lmao at testing facilities.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
My last week on my outdoor bush crop is up to the gods but usually I stop watering 2 weeks before I harvest in my opinion it dose get the plant to really look for moisture to convert into carbs I found the end result a stronger taste , stone were better than the crops that were harvested in times when it has been raining, here's a tip if you grow outdoor when I plant out I hammer in a large tent peg and tie some 1/4" jute leader rope to it and leave it on the ground if it starts to rain and I live on a small island in Bass Straights so you never know it can rain here at a drop of the hat and it shows up around 5 weeks into flower which is a disaster so I bend down the plant and tie it off to the bedded in tent peg so the water runs over mainly the underside of the plant the fan or shade leaves act as a rain coat if you get what I mean , sorry I know the thread was about not watering I just thought I'd share my method .

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

You'd be surprised at the lengths a business will go thru to keep and bring in more business.

A few growers set up PSI labs here in michigan. Took 1 cola, cut it in 3 pieces. Sent as 3 different strains. ALL came back with different thc%. Iirc 20, 25, 32%. All from the same 1 cola. So I lmao at testing facilities.

I am not here to argue about my test results if this is something you do not have faith in then don't have it tested. With what I have had tested I get the same % from one place to the next. We have even had dispensaries test it with the same results as what we had.

Aunt Bill

Aunt Bill

I think I may have made a big mistake. I did a final flush on Day 50 then quit watering. I have been harvesting samples @ Day 56, 57, 59, 60 and wanted to wait until amber Trichomes are a little more prevalent/darker, maybe Day 62 or 63. I want to feel the differences & see what I like/helps me. My problem is that my last bit of buds cut seem quite dry, even sugar leaves are depleted of green and moisture. I did give some water and harvested more to see if the rest seems more moist. I wondered if you all think I can wait 3 more days to harvest or given what I said harvest tomorrow at Day 61 instead? Have I inadvertently dried up the trichs doing this? Should I cure normally or water cure and will they taste like a dying plant? Thank you so much.

IMG 20170821 110144
DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I've dabbled with simulating drought at all different stages of a plants flowering cycle. First off these plants need to be extremely healthy (I'm talking a minimum of 12 brix). I found that pulling feeding completely for 2 days around day 40 or feeding about 10% of what you would normally feed over a 2-3 day span at that same time will "trick" the plant into thinking lean times are coming and kick production into overdrive a bit. Once regular feedings get reintroduced you have yourself a plant that will produce a bit more for you

O

onionslinger

When you people are throwing these tricks in at the last minute i assume youre taking down the whole plant and not just the ready sites..

If im going to cut off 70% of the plant and leave the rest, say lower lollipop looking bud sites for an extra few days i dont think id want to starve the whole plant..

Unosnow

Unosnow

Just make sure you take this into account for your flush schedule but from what i know, yeah it should increase production of resin.

F

FeenoType

Does anyone have opinions or experience with denying watering as you approach chop time. Will this enhance the buds at all, or will it harm the plant? Saw someone here state he was drying them out the last week(no watering) to improve the resin production. Is it good or is it bad? thanks for your input, I'm in week 9 with some strawberry bubba kush, AK48 and bubblegum, and still watering every 4 day.:volcano:
It definitely helps to let your plants dry out but if u let them wilt ur harvest will be reduced quality and yield so be careful but denying water makes the plant work hard to find the little bit of water left in the soil in turn making the plant grow n buds swell and they do produce slightly more resin from dry conditions because cannabis uses the resin during drought conditions to keep from drying out completely so those 2 techniques can work if ur plants are healthy but leaving them in the dark is a waste of time it’s better to give ur plants 2-3 days more of light energy

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I try to let them die off at the end. Water deprivation also works in veg. When done in veg the roots stretch out as fast as possible looking for moisture. Much of what we do to plants is to bring out survival and protective traits...which just so happen to be what we like to consume.

IMG 20180704 073444 654
K

kansabis

I try to let them die off at the end. Water deprivation also works in veg. When done in veg the roots stretch out as fast as possible looking for moisture. Much of what we do to plants is to bring out survival and protective traits...which just so happen to be what we like to consume.
Stop being so damn smart and helpful to people,that's not what this place is for..lol but really spot on.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Funny how many have never heard the term vine ripened before Instagram.

Watering before harvest is going to water most anything down.. What the plant can't hold is guttitated and striated: bugs in oils out. Too much water: A pot grower epidemic.

Sillyman

Sillyman

At the end of flowering i also like to restrict the water to the max, like you put half finger through and find it dry, then water a lot and wait again, but the last days no water at all, leaving the substrate light as feathers, then chop it. A good start for drying. Noticeably increasing the trichs production, i suppose because the plant needs to keep moisture somehow and she only knows the old increase resin trick at that point. I didn't do side to side experiments about this, just "polished" my ways and thus risen the average resin production, sorry no technical theories here, just graphic.
Nanner in pic

Latest posts

Top Bottom