Diagnosis, Please Help

• Thread starter extremis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

extremis

Hi,

I would like to have a second opinion on these picture..each one is a different plant, and show different symptoms.

Diagnosis please help
Diagnosis please help 2
Diagnosis please help 3
Diagnosis please help 4
Diagnosis please help 5
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Now to better help, could ya describe the conditions
Temp
Humidity
Lights
Light cycle
Media type, soil/ coco etc
And what the perceived conditions you are worried about?
Just a brief so that we can see and read what the issues maybe.
What I do see is various plants at different stages of life. Some in flower , some pre.
What’s the length of flower and strain. Is it in the same tent? Or different

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Is that mold sitting on top of the third from the bottom pic?

E

extremis

Temp : avg 28 Celcius
Humidity : 35-50%
Lights : 1200W Led light Hydro mars II
Light cycle : 18/6
Media type, soil/ coco etc: Pre organic mixed soil, with some compost, limestone
And what the perceived conditions you are worried about? Yellowish of leaves on the first 2 pics on early flower.

3rd : Stunted grow, they were all started at the same time

Are under Mars Projector series 900W
4 and 5: Deformed new growth, burned tips, yellowing, leaves seem a bit crispy for some reason.

What’s the length of flower and strain. Is it in the same tent? Or different?

All auto except 4 and 5 ( pictures order from top to bottom )

E

extremis

Not sure...

MissBotany

MissBotany

Not sure...
That is definitely mold. Scrape it off(gently), improve your air circulation and let the soil dry out between waterings.

Edit: to be more precise, it actually looks like a fungus.

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Exactly what I was thinking. Mold or fungus is a sure sign that your soil is not drying out enough between waterings or does not have proper drainage. That alone will do many of the things you are seeing in various plants in different stages. It means the roots are getting moldy and once that happens it starves the plant for nutrients and moisture. If you don't have enough perlite in your mix, I'd definitely add more next time and make sure the soil is pulling away from the edges of the pot before watering/feeding.

E

extremis

Exactly what I was thinking. Mold or fungus is a sure sign that your soil is not drying out enough between waterings or does not have proper drainage. That alone will do many of the things you are seeing in various plants in different stages. It means the roots are getting moldy and once that happens it starves the plant for nutrients and moisture. If you don't have enough perlite in your mix, I'd definitely add more next time and make sure the soil is pulling away from the edges of the pot before watering/feeding.

I was only watering when soil was pulling away from pot, i am using smart pot.

Any other..suggestions?

MissBotany

MissBotany

Make sure you have a fan blowing across the soil. And make sure the top 1-2” of your soil is dry before water or feeding again. Cannabis does not like “wet feet,” meaning youll run into serious issues if you overwater. Unless you really know what you’re doing, stick with the bottled nutrients. I found it easier that way. If you’re already adding GH nutrients then make sure you’re adjusting the pH after you add them to 6.8.

E

extremis

Make sure you have a fan blowing across the soil. And make sure the top 1-2” of your soil is dry before water or feeding again. Cannabis does not like “wet feet,” meaning youll run into serious issues if you overwater. Unless you really know what you’re doing, stick with the bottled nutrients. I found it easier that way. If you’re already adding GH nutrients then make sure you’re adjusting the pH after you add them to 6.8.

So..it's not a NPK defiency?......you guys think it's over watering?

MissBotany

MissBotany

Sicne you’re already do that then it could just be the soil/compost mix. I would still improve circulation, have a fan blowing on your soil. One time, my soil was taking too long to dry out between waterings (when I accidentally bought crappy soil), I put a fan blowing directly on the air pots, worked like a charm.

Do you check your water pH?

E

extremis

Sicne you’re already do that then it could just be the soil/compost mix. I would still improve circulation, have a fan blowing on your soil. One time, my soil was taking too long to dry out between waterings (when I accidentally bought crappy soil), I put a fan blowing directly on the air pots, worked like a charm.

Do you check your water pH?

Water ph is hard water below 60, ph neutral 7 about according to the city chart.

The soil mixed is one for organic growing, i grow with it last time, and everything went fine i think...i don't know what's wrong with it.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Water ph is hard water below 60, ph neutral 7 about according to the city chart.

The soil mixed is one for organic growing, i grow with it last time, and everything went fine i think...i don't know what's wrong with it.

I would get a pH reader, almost all of my issues thus far have been because my pH wasn’t right. If your pH is too high (alkaline) then the roots of your plant won’t be able to take up the nutrients leading to a defiency. Too low (acidic) then it can lead to toxicity. For being a “weed” cannabis is very picky.

Top Bottom